Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Email from Liz Costa re:leon

:lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lord Bracknell said:
What happened at the match was accurately described in a post by Comedy Steve, earlier in the week:-

The abuse directed at Leon did not come from Liz Costa.

Liz is entitled to have her opinions. She is also entitled to express her opinions privately. And she is entitled not to have her private opinions debated publicly, particularly by people who misrepresent those opinions (as you did) and are abusive, when she has no means of responding.

That is all I am going to say.

Yes, but she also expressed her opinions publicly on SCR 15 minutes after the final whistle. If she's going to dish out abuse about Leon and his lack of respect on the radio she can't really complain about a backlash from his supporters. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

She expressed an OPINION about Leon. She didn't "dish out abuse".

There is a difference.

As it happens, I disagree with her opinion. But she doesn't deserve the abuse and misrepresentation that she's had.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lord Bracknell said:
She expressed an OPINION about Leon. She didn't "dish out abuse".

There is a difference.

As it happens, I disagree with her opinion. But she doesn't deserve the abuse and misrepresentation that she's had.
Maybe not abuse in the KG league but it certainly wasn't nice listening. Was Leon able to defend himself from these accustions/opinions? Did he have access to SCR?

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"Sorry seems to be the hardest word"

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I think we're getting a little off track here. This place is full of unfounded abuse dishing and those who don't have access to it usually hear about it and have a friendly poster who will post a response on their behalf. Maybe what KG said wa a little OTT but the public (and private) apology to Liz should come from Richie for the much greater crime of posting a private message than KG for his views on Liz.

That's what I think anyway.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This is getting silly now.

I posted the email because I thought it showed her in a good light.

I realised it was the wrong thing to do and removed it after all of about five minutes.

For people to accuse me of doing so just to attract attention to myself or up my post count is unfair.

You do not know me, or my motives, which in this case WERE genuine and good.

You cannot blame me if certain people then take it upon themselves to keep having a pop, in the same way you could not blame someone who had started a thread criticising the far right if other posters people then made racist comments in the thread.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Richie Morris said:

I realised it was the wrong thing to do and removed it after all of about five minutes.

For people to accuse me of doing so just to attract attention to myself or up my post count is unfair.

You cannot blame me if certain people then take it upon themselves to keep having a pop, in the same way you could not blame someone who had started a thread criticising the far right if other posters people then made racist comments in the thread.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: " I want my mummy":cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
fosters headband said:
Toad if you go to the section This is albion on the Argus site you will clearly see the picture of Kuipers being led away with his arm band on. Do you want to apologise to Liz now?

I only said I saw him take it off during the first half. If I was halucinating, I apologise. I never said he didn't put it back on again; I think you're reading more into my post than is there.

As for apologies, now Leon has made his, if Ms. Costa made hers, that could finally be that. An awful lot of fuss created over a non-issue.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:

In order:

1) It was silly the moment you posted a private email to stir up some more Liz Costa tittle-tattle.

2) You did, to your credit, remove it when you realised you'd gaffed.

3) Whining that it 'is all so unfair' makes you look like a complete mincer. You brought it on yourself. Self-pity is a singularly pathetic characteristic.

4) Your motives were not good, and that is the worst attempt at spin since William Hague started wearing a baseball cap to look cool to the young people.

5) Instead of snivelling about feeling sorry for yourself why don't you reflect on the fact - not mentioned so far - that for you to even send her an email in the first place shows a staggering degree of self-importance.

Who the f**k are you to be sending people emails demanding they explain their behaviour at a leisure pursuit?

Take your medicine Richie, stop snivelling about how you've been treated, it's all your own doing.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Tooting Gull said:
In order:

1) It was silly the moment you posted a private email to stir up some more Liz Costa tittle-tattle.

2) You did, to your credit, remove it when you realised you'd gaffed.

3) Whining that it 'is all so unfair' makes you look like a complete mincer. You brought it on yourself. Self-pity is a singularly pathetic characteristic.

4) Your motives were not good, and that is the worst attempt at spin since William Hague started wearing a baseball cap to look cool to the young people.

5) Instead of snivelling about feeling sorry for yourself why don't you reflect on the fact - not mentioned so far - that for you to even send her an email in the first place shows a staggering degree of self-importance.

Who the f**k are you to be sending people emails demanding they explain their behaviour at a leisure pursuit?

Take your medicine Richie, stop snivelling about how you've been treated, it's all your own doing.

nail

head

rool

Jul 10, 2003
El Presidente said:
She was on good form last night with very little bitching, apart from when the pitch invasion by the 8 year old took place. And it had nothing to do with the fact the Albion put out an all white XI Richie :angel:

I see though , Lord B & Roz, that you are not taking such a hard line on a co moderator who is suggesting that Liz Costa has racial motives behind her attacks?.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So a good old fashioned Liz bashing has turned into a slag of Richie session.

Give the guy a break, he realised he was wrong and deleted it. He only did it to show her in a better light! Jeez...

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Biscuit said:
So a good old fashioned Liz bashing has turned into a slag of Richie session.

Give the guy a break, he realised he was wrong and deleted it. He only did it to show her in a better light! Jeez...

Why should Liz receive a bashing for explaining her opinion (or even having one!). Why should we give a break to some jumped up spin nurse who is now seeking pity from us? Seems the words come uppance are appropriate here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here