Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EDL in Sheffield

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Were we crap or were Germany good?

Germany had most of their best players missing. Germany were very efficient, dangerous on the break. England were ok, but if Germany had their full compliment out then we would have been embarrassed imo.
TBH England are not good enough. I think with the heat in Brazil we will not be able to match up to the decent teams.......i would love to be proved wrong.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Germany had most of their best players missing. Germany were very efficient, dangerous on the break. England were ok, but if Germany had their full compliment out then we would have been embarrassed imo.
TBH England are not good enough. I think with the heat in Brazil we will not be able to match up to the decent teams.......i would love to be proved wrong.

Same old same old eh?. I just hope we play some reasonably exciting football to keep us entertained. I enjoyed the Sweden game at the Euros, a least there was a bit of excitement.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Here is a view of someone without your rose tinted spectacles, a few facts chucked in for good measure.

Between 1976 and 1981 there were 31 racist murders in Britain.

In the 1960s and early 70s there were many instances of racism in the unions — discrimination against black workers and even racist strikes.

The turning point was the Grunwick strike where a largely Asian women workforce struck — against an Anglo-Asian employer — to demand union recognition in 1976-7. The women were backed by mass mobilisations of building workers, miners and electricians who fought the police on mass pickets alongside the Grunwick workers.

By the mid-70s there were two million black and Asian people in Britain, in a general population of 57 million.

Police violence and malpractice against black people escalated. The political police, the Special Branch, kept a watch on black activists, leading to the Mangrove Nine trail in 1971. A black radical meeting place, the Mangrove in west London, was repeatedly raided, and following a demonstration nine leaders were arrested. The defendants were acquitted by a white jury, some of whose members later went out drinking with the defendants.

The 1976 Notting Hill Carnival was attacked by police.

The notorious “Sus” laws were used to systematically stop and search black youth. A major explosion of anger — rooted in racism and poverty — took place in the summer of 1981. Handsworth, Toxteth and Brixton erupted in rioting.

At a set-piece confrontation in Southall 3,000 riot police and mounted police attempted to protect a fascist meeting booked for Ealing Town Hall from 5,000 anti-Nazis. Three hundred and forty-two, mostly Asian, people were arrested and white anti-fascist Blair Peach was killed by the police.

Asian youth organisations were formed. In areas such as Southall, west London, these youth groups were capable of fighting and beating the fascists. On 3 July 1981 Asian youth fought the police and burned down a west London pub which was being used to hold a Nazi skinhead gig, and ran 300 fascists out of the area.

Police in Newham, east London, and in Bradford attempted to criminalise Asian youth in the 1980s for the “crime” of self-defence against racist attacks.

http://www.workersliberty.org/node/5912

Still I expect it woudn't have bee a problem if the sambos and the pakis knew their place and stopped complaining, eh? It's just a bit of banter lads, honestly some people have no sense of humour.

and you are happy sticking up for these people who burned down a London pub:ohmy: broadwater farm riots, Bristol riots, toxteth riots, Brixton riots & lots more, I suppose in your eyes rioting it is a justifiable answer for them :ohmy:
so a comedian who tells jokes for a living can cause this amount of greif simply because the silly ***** cant take a joke. & how many times do we have to apologise for black slavery when it weren't our generations doing in the first place, should the krouts have to keep on appologising for hitler, its another generation on ffs, its not their fault he was a raving loon!!
it seems with you that it is acceptable for Asians & the likes to cause havock and chaos on our streets yet it aint ok for groups such as the edl etc. aint that double standards?

and exactly fella it wouldn't have been a problem had the sambo's and pakis knew their place from the start because we wouldn't be in the mess we are today had they of known. as Ive been saying for years when in rome do as the romans do and if you don't like that polocy then **** off somewhere else where your needs are better suited. that way the world can move on peacefully, it definatley wont all the time certain races harper on about what happened in the past, and so sensitive they cant even take a f*cking joke, for crying out loud what type of people are we living amongst ffs. and do you apply by ozzy laws that you don't agree on.. I bet you do, john howard had it spot on.. "we set the laws for this country no one else" live by that rule and you cant go wrong pal.

and get a sense of humour you miserable git:D

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
and you are happy sticking up for these people who burned down a London pub:ohmy: broadwater farm riots, Bristol riots, toxteth riots, Brixton riots & lots more, I suppose in your eyes rioting it is a justifiable answer for them :ohmy:
so a comedian who tells jokes for a living can cause this amount of greif simply because the silly ***** cant take a joke. & how many times do we have to apologise for black slavery when it weren't our generations doing in the first place, should the krouts have to keep on appologising for hitler, its another generation on ffs, its not their fault he was a raving loon!!
it seems with you that it is acceptable for Asians & the likes to cause havock and chaos on our streets yet it aint ok for groups such as the edl etc. aint that double standards?

and exactly fella it wouldn't have been a problem had the sambo's and pakis knew their place from the start because we wouldn't be in the mess we are today had they of known. as Ive been saying for years when in rome do as the romans do and if you don't like that polocy then **** off somewhere else where your needs are better suited. that way the world can move on peacefully, it definatley wont all the time certain races harper on about what happened in the past, and so sensitive they cant even take a f*cking joke, for crying out loud what type of people are we living amongst ffs. and do you apply by ozzy laws that you don't agree on.. I bet you do, john howard had it spot on.. "we set the laws for this country no one else" live by that rule and you cant go wrong pal.

and get a sense of humour you miserable git:D

My god I am glad that people with your ideal are a dwindling minority. It is like trying to have a discussion with the ghost of Alf Garnett.

You still haven't told me when this golden age was when people were united by banter and all getting along swimmingly.

This chap make me laugh

have a look I think you will like it :)

Last edited:

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
My god I am glad that people with your ideal are a dwindling minority. It is like trying to have a discussion with the ghost of Alf Garnett.

You still haven't told me when this golden age was when people were united by banter and all getting along swimmingly.

This chap make me laugh

have a look I think you will like it :)

not bad preferred alf garnett myself. it never gets the same kind of laugh when a lefty interprets it.:nono:
talking of alf garnett, this great man was a dead ringer of my ol man god rest his soul, in looks.. ways.. views the lot, he never suffered fools lightly either, a very wise man indeed.:lolol:

and what ever happened to the golly wog on the jam jar eh:afro::lolol:, this whole black & white thing is blown completley out of proportion thesedays, im sure black men found the funny side of it in the same way I would had a black man called me a white honkey.
there were no golden age, through out centurys weve been at logger heads with each other and it will probably never change, but laws were much more relaxed back then, banter on the whole was accepted as part of every day life in the 70's and 80's and instead of people getting off their high horses everytime something controversial was said they would usually shrug it off by laughing at it, which is a far better way than getting all irrate over it.

oh and by the way that silly jock on the bus that evening can count his lucky stars I was in a tranquil kind of mood for poking his oar in where not wanted. had the same thing of happened 20 plus year ago the fella wouldn't of been leaving that bus in the same state he did:p

Jan 30, 2008
It was in reply to Brighton Fella talking about a golden age of all colours and creeds getting along nicely through 'banter' that binds us all. After 40 pages we have moved on a little from the thread title and yes it was what Brighton Fella and i were discussing. Do try to keep up :)
it was the West indian's that were the source of the comedy back then ,you know the ones that used to call us honky's , DON'T THINK ANYONE TOOK ANY OFFENCE TO THAT, as Brighton fella said all good banter NOW RELIGION STEPS IN AND ****S IT ALL UP :rolleyes:
regards
DR

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Here is a view of someone without your rose tinted spectacles, a few facts chucked in for good measure.

Between 1976 and 1981 there were 31 racist murders in Britain.

In the 1960s and early 70s there were many instances of racism in the unions — discrimination against black workers and even racist strikes.

The turning point was the Grunwick strike where a largely Asian women workforce struck — against an Anglo-Asian employer — to demand union recognition in 1976-7. The women were backed by mass mobilisations of building workers, miners and electricians who fought the police on mass pickets alongside the Grunwick workers.

By the mid-70s there were two million black and Asian people in Britain, in a general population of 57 million.

Police violence and malpractice against black people escalated. The political police, the Special Branch, kept a watch on black activists, leading to the Mangrove Nine trail in 1971. A black radical meeting place, the Mangrove in west London, was repeatedly raided, and following a demonstration nine leaders were arrested. The defendants were acquitted by a white jury, some of whose members later went out drinking with the defendants.

The 1976 Notting Hill Carnival was attacked by police.

The notorious “Sus” laws were used to systematically stop and search black youth. A major explosion of anger — rooted in racism and poverty — took place in the summer of 1981. Handsworth, Toxteth and Brixton erupted in rioting.

At a set-piece confrontation in Southall 3,000 riot police and mounted police attempted to protect a fascist meeting booked for Ealing Town Hall from 5,000 anti-Nazis. Three hundred and forty-two, mostly Asian, people were arrested and white anti-fascist Blair Peach was killed by the police.

Asian youth organisations were formed. In areas such as Southall, west London, these youth groups were capable of fighting and beating the fascists. On 3 July 1981 Asian youth fought the police and burned down a west London pub which was being used to hold a Nazi skinhead gig, and ran 300 fascists out of the area.

Police in Newham, east London, and in Bradford attempted to criminalise Asian youth in the 1980s for the “crime” of self-defence against racist attacks.

http://www.workersliberty.org/node/5912

Still I expect it woudn't have bee a problem if the sambos and the pakis knew their place and stopped complaining, eh? It's just a bit of banter lads, honestly some people have no sense of humour.
I tell you what, I'll accept all this (even though a majority of it is bollocks) and the WONDERFULLY UNBIASED source it came from , if you do the same if i start quoting sources from stormfront etc , deal ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Which bit is bollocks bushy, apologies...which 'majority' part of it is bollocks...the 31 racist murders...?..the Grunwick strike....the mangrove case....the sus laws targetting black youth..The Southall incidents along with the death of Blair Peach?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
aw, did 'naming' a nationally recognised BNP member as leader of the MFE, who has been interviewed as such, many times, still butthurting?
Its an issue when its not true my little turnip, but as its true, why are you offended?

Thanks for your attempt to divert the question incidentally.

You rightwingers constantly bang on about the 'left wing' media....but thats all it is isnt it...gumflapping.

Jan 30, 2008
aw, did 'naming' a nationally recognised BNP member as leader of the MFE, who has been interviewed as such, many times, still butthurting?
Its an issue when its not true my little turnip, but as its true, why are you offended?

Thanks for your attempt to divert the question incidentally.

You rightwingers constantly bang on about the 'left wing' media....but thats all it is isnt it...gumflapping.
not at all, just pointing out a fact :wink:
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What fact...naming somebody in the public eye?...wow...thanks for that...

Did you know that Tony Bloom is Chairman of Brighton and Hove Albion? ...shit...I did it again...sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here