Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Eddie nkitiah

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But they aren't getting the ball in the right place - that's the problem we all agree on.

The right place is the back of the net.

How long does the list of players with annually decreasing goal tally's have to become for them to not all be individual error?

If we weren’t creating anything I’d agree with you, but that simply isn’t the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It certainly seems as if we are turning the heat up on the striker signing. We have our group of targets which I assume include Nunez, Eduard, and Nketiah.
If we’ve put offers in for Nunez and Eduard previously and they aren’t being accepted as yet, then a well publicised enquiry about Nketiah is likely to smoke out whether or not Benfica and Celtic want to sell their players. Surely Celtic will want the money if their player only has 12 months remaining on his contract.
I’d be happy with any one of these three. What I think we’d get with Nketiah is a pacy forward who wants to prove himself as a regular starter in the Premier League. His attitude seems better than Eduard. I can see this one concluding this week. Hopefully Cucurella to follow and then the Japanese winger.
I can also see why we might be interested in Mason Holgate as he’d add the pace to the centre back three that we lost with White going. Would allow Veltman to move to RWB where he can battle it out with Tariq on his return.

But we aren't interested in Edouard according to all reliable sources.

Holgate? Let's get Maguire and Stones while we're at it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nah it's worse than that.

After yet another game of strikers not striking.
Woodwork being twanged.
Conceding dead ball goals.

I'm suggesting the problem might not actually be the players.

As we all know everything is tolerated here except THAT.

6 days time I'll be chugging up the motorway to watch 80% possession, 1 shot on target and 3 points for Burnley.

Sure we finished theoretical 12th last season if we discount all the loses, draws and bad luck.

But what if last season wasn't littered with bad luck?
What if that was normal?

Maybe you are the problem.

Tony Bloom is a man with less resources than most owners and is working hard and investing a lot in order to try to compete with these clubs with stronger financial muscles. Graham Potter is a man who got a so-so squad and is working hard for it to be able to compete with any opponent. The players are mostly a bunch of players who are inferior footballers compared to those of most teams, but they are working hard to compete with all these star players.

Its very difficult for all of them and its a great achievement to stay up for years despite a low budget.

What you are doing - all this endless moaning - is however not difficult. Its very very easy, and fairly common over there it seems - its pretty unusual that the club owner decides its necessary to ask the fans to perhaps try and actually support the team (rather than find someone to boo after a minute or two).

Everyone at the club is working hard. Brighton is the 16th best football club in England out of 40 000+. It has made dramatic progress over the last decades, yet some people - like you - are looking for every opportunity to question everything and everyone once you see (or rather find) the opportunity.

Hopefully the next generation of Brighton fans are going to be, in general, a bit more understanding and appreciative and discuss the club more in the manner of "how come this decision is made? Whats the idea here?" rather than "I want more shiny toys and more success or I'll cry myself to sleep".

One thing is frequently said: owners, managers, players come and go, the fans stay... Brighton got one title in 120 years.

The game against Manchester City showed how fans can help their club. Even when 0-2 down, the fans kept singing. Would Brighton have won the game without that? I doubt it. Surely that should be a lesson to remember, but there's obviously quite a number of people with your mindset - bitter entitled solipsists coming to boo some central defender making a sideways pass or some 20 year old with a poor headcut.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Tony Bloom is a man with less resources than most owners and is working hard and investing a lot in order to try to compete with these clubs with stronger financial muscles. Graham Potter is a man who got a so-so squad and is working hard for it to be able to compete with any opponent. The players are mostly a bunch of players who are inferior footballers compared to those of most teams, but they are working hard to compete with all these star players.

Its very difficult for all of them and its a great achievement to stay up for years despite a low budget.

What you are doing - all this endless moaning - is however not difficult. Its very very easy, and fairly common over there it seems - its pretty unusual that the club owner decides its necessary to ask the fans to perhaps try and actually support the team (rather than find someone to boo after a minute or two).

Everyone at the club is working hard. Brighton is the 16th best football club in England out of 40 000+. It has made dramatic progress over the last decades, yet some people - like you - are looking for every opportunity to question everything and everyone once you see (or rather find) the opportunity.

Hopefully the next generation of Brighton fans are going to be, in general, a bit more understanding and appreciative and discuss the club more in the manner of "how come this decision is made? Whats the idea here?" rather than "I want more shiny toys and more success or I'll cry myself to sleep".

One thing is frequently said: owners, managers, players come and go, the fans stay... Brighton got one title in 120 years.

The game against Manchester City showed how fans can help their club. Even when 0-2 down, the fans kept singing. Would Brighton have won the game without that? I doubt it. Surely that should be a lesson to remember, but there's obviously quite a number of people with your mindset - bitter entitled solipsists coming to boo some central defender making a sideways pass or some 20 year old with a poor headcut.

Incredible. So, Tony wants top 10. The club leadership know, like most pundits and sane non-idiotic fans, that the main (not only) problem with our squad is insufficient quality upfront, the club are clearly actively pursuing a new striker, and yet another poster is somehow “entitled” for wanting to bolster our strikers.

Seriously, you need to take a long good look at yourself, then post something sensible for once.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Incredible. So, Tony wants top 10. The club leadership know, like most pundits and sane non-idiotic fans, that the main (not only) problem with our squad is insufficient quality upfront, the club are clearly actively pursuing a new striker, and yet another poster is somehow “entitled” for wanting to bolster our strikers.

Seriously, you need to take a long good look at yourself, then post something sensible for once.

I (for one) read his post ccompletely differently, no doubt he'll clarify

I see it that the club are doing everything they can, but they're fishing in a relatively small pool and it's an immensely difficult job (see Locadia, AJ and a bunch of others). We can spunk away another few £20m's and end up with same result so maybe we are forced to play the long game.

Some of @statbrother is tiresome and juvenile and I understand why it would provoke such a response

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He hasn't done anything else because he hasn't been anywhere else! apart for a short time at Chelsea as a young kid. At 22 he is still far from the finished article, and yet has scored a few goals already, and does at least benefit from having a fair few Premier League games under his belt.

I can think of worse options for £20m, and that seems to be the going rate now for a striker with any kind of experience.. Personally, l'd take that punt. Tony wouldn't pay much more for anyone.

He hasn't been anywhere else because no-one has wanted him.
We don't need to sign a striker 'far from the finished article' (obviously we're fishing in a different pond to others). We hardly improve strikers!
The few goals he has scored are actually open goals (not even predator tap ins)
We shouldn't spend £20m because there are worse options.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

All I took from this was how come the grammar police on here don't come after you for your continued appalling use of "got"?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Oh dear, b.w.2., you missed the opportunity to show you aren't just a one trick pony with that post. Swanee made some perfectly reasonable points in a long post and you just fired back with your same old, same old.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Some of @statbrother is tiresome and juvenile and I understand why it would provoke such a response

In my defence I was incredibly tired, stressed out and frustrated at work, all weekend.

HR have gone all snowflake on me, apparently 'lazy workshy *****' doesn't foster a harmonious team, but it's gotta come out somewhere. :lol:
In the wake of a game where the normal happened, strikers didn't strike and easy goals were conceded here was as good a place as any to see how long blaming the messiah would take to get a reaction.

Incredibly childish of me - I guess I miss the soppy blinkered baffoon.
Can't live with him ... nope, actually that ends there.

Although after all that, the point does still stand:-

'What happens if the next man up still can't hit a barn door, in GPott's team?'

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Bang on (except the bit about the 20 year old with the poor haircut).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
At some point people have to say 'hang on a minute'.

The first home game of the season was IDENTICAL to 90% of last season's home games and a fair chunk of the season before.

The answer to that ought not be:-

'well it's good to get that out of the system in preseason'

Sure I've let my opinion be coloured by the absolute clowns who have spent the entire off season responding to the hint of criticism with:-

'yes but if ... ... we would have finished 12th'.

Mr Bloom has given GPott notice and therefore by extension himself, Barbie and Ash-o.

So I'm sure all will come good.
But at the moment nothing has changed.

What do your instincts tell you about the Burnley game!!

This nonsense simply doesn’t justify my efforts of a proper reply. Trolling, that’s all it is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This nonsense simply doesn’t justify my efforts of a proper reply. Trolling, that’s all it is.

I kept trying to tell you but you wouldn't listen.

I guess that's because there's a teeny tiny speck of truth too it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here