Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Eddie nkitiah

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Probably better off going for Nunez after his poor season.

We know GPott can coach goals out of players.
Perhaps he needs a player who already can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

I suggest you spend a few minutes watching Nkitiah’s you tube highlights. He’ll be a brilliant fit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Strikers with names beginning with 'Z' always excel for the Albion. :facepalm: ...... surprised I had to spell it out for you!

Leon Z'Best.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I suggest you spend a few minutes watching Nkitiah’s you tube highlights. He’ll be a brilliant fit.

The last thing we need is a striker that'll fit right in with the rest of'um.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we really fancied him then why would we have waited until now? We could have signed him already and he would have had pre-season with his new teammates.

I think he's better than Locadia, Andone and Connolly, maybe on a par with Maupay. Bielsa didn't fancy him, Arsenal are willing to let him go, they like Balogun more.

After al the talk of Gonzales and Nunez this would be a disapppointing signing. A decent third or fourth striker option off the bench, but we are looking for a 1st XI starter.

Well at least Nketiah has playeda few games in the Premier League already, which the other two haven't, so that could be a plus, as the speed and physicality is very different to other European Leagues.

If Nketiah were to sign though, he would want assurances that he would be starting games l would think, if we was happy to be sitting on the bench he may as well stay with the Gunners.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Hope not, he is absolute toilet.

I’m bordering on signing anyone just in an effort to maybe waking up our existing profligate strikers (going again with Connelly and Maupay is too depressing and a shit show from the club) but don’t want to sign this chap for any amount of million. Nowhere near Arsena’s match day squad, done nothing anywhere else and doesn’t have any ****ing attributes (speed, strength, trickery, height, finishing) that we need.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think signing Eddie Nketiah could be a decent move. I could see him explode in the right environment. Difficult to get the chance in Arsenal as they have some expensive strikers they are a bit desperate to get some value out of. In Brighton he would have the chance to compete on fair terms. Wouldnt mind him coming, but as with any incoming striker it would have to mean that someone is sold or goes on loan. Cant just pile up strikers.

Ah, so it’s Potter’s fault that his strikers are shit and he has no full backs.

Dont waste time on Stat Brother, he really has nothing to say. He is here to increase his post count and get a little bit of attention no one would be willing to give him outside NSC.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’m bordering on signing anyone just in an effort to maybe waking up our existing profligate strikers (going again with Connelly and Maupay is too depressing and a shit show from the club) but don’t want to sign this chap for any amount of million. Nowhere near Arsena’s match day squad, done nothing anywhere else and doesn’t have any ****ing attributes (speed, strength, trickery, height, finishing) that we need.

He hasn't done anything else because he hasn't been anywhere else! apart for a short time at Chelsea as a young kid. At 22 he is still far from the finished article, and yet has scored a few goals already, and does at least benefit from having a fair few Premier League games under his belt.

I can think of worse options for £20m, and that seems to be the going rate now for a striker with any kind of experience.. Personally, l'd take that punt. Tony wouldn't pay much more for anyone.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think signing Eddie Nketiah could be a decent move. I could see him explode in the right environment. Difficult to get the chance in Arsenal as they have some expensive strikers they are a bit desperate to get some value out of. In Brighton he would have the chance to compete on fair terms. Wouldnt mind him coming, but as with any incoming striker it would have to mean that someone is sold or goes on loan. Cant just pile up strikers.

Yeah, I think he could do well, but not necessarily as a striker, I could see him playing wide left of a front 3, with Maupay/Andone/Welbeck through the middle and Trossard wide right. Whilst not having specifically as a striker I think he’d negate the need to sign one. A goals by committee approach.

Don’t waste time on Stat Brother, he really has nothing to say. He is here to increase his post count and get a little bit of attention no one would be willing to give him outside NSC.
I don’t mind Stat on the whole, but sometimes he tries too hard to be contrarian and demonstrate that he understands the game better than everyone else.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Probably better off going for Nunez after his poor season.

We know GPott can coach goals out of players.
Perhaps he needs a player who already can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

He's already got a couple, Neil and Aaron!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dont waste time on Stat Brother, he really has nothing to say. He is here to increase his post count and get a little bit of attention no one would be willing to give him outside NSC.

Very unfair. [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] is a good poster the vast majority of the time. (Just don’t get him going on Big Jurg [emoji23] )

Not read the thread, but if he’s saying our existing forwards aren’t good enough, and the Arsenal forward (Nketiah?) isnt any better, personally I think he’s spot on!

That said still think we’ll be fine….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If there is anything in this we'll know by Tuesday. Leaked Sunday morning, closed in 2 days is what we like to do :thumbsup:

Otherwise, see Odsonne Édouard, Jonathan Calleri, etc :rolleyes:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My Arsenal season ticket mate mentioned him to me months ago. Reckons he would be good for us.

You've been on here long enough to know it goes

'My mate is a season ticket holder at Arsenal and he says he's shitehouse'.

There's just no respect for tradition any more :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here