Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Eddie nkitiah

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I kept trying to tell you but you wouldn't listen.

I guess that's because there's a teeny tiny speck of truth too it.

Go on then, seeing as you operate on a higher level of footballing IQ than the rest of us, tell us which formation or system Potter is supposed to use to get his woeful strikers to put the ball between the posts.

Ps. No, there’s no truth to your trolling. The stats, and there’s loads of them , are there to demonstrate that we create more than enough chances but our finishing is simply inadequate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Incredible. So, Tony wants top 10. The club leadership know, like most pundits and sane non-idiotic fans, that the main (not only) problem with our squad is insufficient quality upfront, the club are clearly actively pursuing a new striker, and yet another poster is somehow “entitled” for wanting to bolster our strikers.

Seriously, you need to take a long good look at yourself, then post something sensible for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame you didn’t read the post [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] was replying to before going on the attack. Pretty well everything he said is spot on in relation to the post he was responding to and you’ve just put your head down and got back on your striker hobby horse and gone off at a tangent

Unless of course you also think that Potter himself is responsible for our strikers not being able to put the ball in the net from well worked openings.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Go on then, seeing as you operate on a higher level of footballing IQ than the rest of us, tell us which formation or system Potter is supposed to use to get his woeful strikers to put the ball between the posts.

Ps. No, there’s no truth to your trolling. The stats, and there’s loads of them , are there to demonstrate that we create more than enough chances but our finishing is simply inadequate.
So I'm Trolling.
At 10am I admit to trolling.
At 2pm you say:-
This nonsense simply doesn’t justify my efforts of a proper reply. Trolling, that’s all it is.
Then ask me another question?

You're not really getting this relationship are you? :lol:

No idea, why would I have, basically my point is, and I feel the reason why you can't quite leave it alone is:-

'What if the next man up also can't score for the Albion?'
'What if the next man up also regresses as a striker?'

How many players need to be gone through before asking, 'are we sure it's the players?'

I also note you rather sidestepped the question about expectations v Burnley.
Esp on the back of an absolutely textbook GPott game, Friday night.

Now alternatively Mr Bloom says we're on the up.
So we're on the up.
I expect to see that in the business still to be done.

Despite all the previous centre forward let downs, 'hyper-inflated prices' 'transfer bubbles' etc, we've never been here with those words ringing in our ears, and we all know those words cost money.

So fingers crossed it's all a moot point and a distraction because I was incredibly arsey at work, all weekend, and am so sick of The Deluded Few spending this off season only writing 'but if we... ...we would have finished 12th'.

But until such time as new man proves he can kicky ball into net (having a rising tide effect on t'others) it's easy to circle back round to 'what if he can't either?'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] I'm glossing today.

So we can add paint fumes to the heading cocktail of tired, residual stress and general twattery.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Shame you didn’t read the post [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] was replying to before going on the attack. Pretty well everything he said is spot on in relation to the post he was responding to and you’ve just put your head down and got back on your striker hobby horse and gone off at a tangent

Unless of course you also think that Potter himself is responsible for our strikers not being able to put the ball in the net from well worked openings.

I responded to Swanny’s post. Not anyone else’s. My response to Swanny’s post was on the money. Quite frankly I don’t give a flying **** if you or Swanny don’t like being called out for Swanny’s stupidity.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Oh dear, b.w.2., you missed the opportunity to show you aren't just a one trick pony with that post. Swanee made some perfectly reasonable points in a long post and you just fired back with your same old, same old.

FFS. Read Swanny’s post. Read my response to Swanny’s post. Denying mine is a reasonable response to Swanny’s inane BS post is denying reality.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I (for one) read his post ccompletely differently, no doubt he'll clarify

I see it that the club are doing everything they can, but they're fishing in a relatively small pool and it's an immensely difficult job (see Locadia, AJ and a bunch of others). We can spunk away another few £20m's and end up with same result so maybe we are forced to play the long game.

Some of @statbrother is tiresome and juvenile and I understand why it would provoke such a response

Difficult, absolutely. Suggesting we just give up because we ****ed up previous striker purchases. Absolutely ridiculous.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So I'm Trolling.
At 10am I admit to trolling.
At 2pm you say:-
This nonsense simply doesn’t justify my efforts of a proper reply. Trolling, that’s all it is.
Then ask me another question?

You're not really getting this relationship are you? :lol:

No idea, why would I have, basically my point is, and I feel the reason why you can't quite leave it alone is:-

'What if the next man up also can't score for the Albion?'
'What if the next man up also regresses as a striker?'

How many players need to be gone through before asking, 'are we sure it's the players?'

I also note you rather sidestepped the question about expectations v Burnley.
Esp on the back of an absolutely textbook GPott game, Friday night.

Now alternatively Mr Bloom says we're on the up.
So we're on the up.
I expect to see that in the business still to be done.

Despite all the previous centre forward let downs, 'hyper-inflated prices' 'transfer bubbles' etc, we've never been here with those words ringing in our ears, and we all know those words cost money.

So fingers crossed it's all a moot point and a distraction because I was incredibly arsey at work, all weekend, and am so sick of The Deluded Few spending this off season only writing 'but if we... ...we would have finished 12th'.

But until such time as new man proves he can kicky ball into net (having a rising tide effect on t'others) it's easy to circle back round to 'what if he can't either?'

You didn’t say anything directly to me regarding your trolling, and you’ll have to forgive me, I don’t read every single one of your ramblings. So putting that to one side, obviously there’s a chance the next striker might also be utterly incompetent in front of goal, especially given that we’re highly unlikely to be purchasing someone with a top level pedigree.

Regarding the Burnley game, I suspect it’ll be a tough game, they have good defenders and make life tricky for the opposition, I imagine we’ll create 4 or 5 very good chances and will most likely make an utter hash of most of them.
Ultimately, it doesn’t really matter which formation or system or personnel we play, our forwards aren’t good enough, Danny Welbeck is the exception but getting a run of games out of him is tough.

One last thing, why are you so upset with people have an opinion that doesn’t align with your own? You’ve been constantly branded such folk as ‘idiots’ and ‘deluded’ . You go out of your way to have a different opinion, calling people names seems unnecessary considering an awful lot of people on this forum believe that with the assistance of a semi competent forward we could easily increase our points tally.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Difficult, absolutely. Suggesting we just give up because we ****ed up previous striker purchases. Absolutely ridiculous.

He never said that, nor did he even imply that from what I can see.

Whoever we buy is going to be a punt, we just don't have the 'pedigree' to but a £50M striker on £150K a week even if the money were available. Strikers of that calibre aren't going to join a club that is likely involved in a relegation fight.

I think his comments were simply supportive of a club trying to do its best in a very difficult situation.

No doubt in my mind we're going to get a striker by end of window but it's probably no better than 50/50 if that striker turns out to be a great deal better than what we have ... History (and not just BHA) tells you that

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I responded to Swanny’s post. Not anyone else’s. My response to Swanny’s post was on the money. Quite frankly I don’t give a flying **** if you or Swanny don’t like being called out for Swanny’s stupidity.

Edit - **** it I can’t be arsed to argue with you. I’ll just ignore you from now on.

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He never said that, nor did he even imply that from what I can see.

Whoever we buy is going to be a punt, we just don't have the 'pedigree' to but a £50M striker on £150K a week even if the money were available. Strikers of that calibre aren't going to join a club that is likely involved in a relegation fight.

I think his comments were simply supportive of a club trying to do its best in a very difficult situation.

No doubt in my mind we're going to get a striker by end of window but it's probably no better than 50/50 if that striker turns out to be a great deal better than what we have ... History (and not just BHA) tells you that

Swanny has consistently argued we don’t need to sign a striker. Consistently and obviously incorrectly. Consistently suggesting we will improve upfront without investment. We won’t.

I agree with EVERYTHING you say apart from your ill-advised support of Swanny.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
To be fair to Stat Bro he actually has raised a good point which I and many of us I would imagine had never thought of. That is, what happens if we go all in for 35 million on a relative mark striker and he fails completely. Do we just bemoan our luck and tell our selves we should of spent 40 mill plus or more, or do we start questioning the coaching/training methods of our front men ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be fair to Stat Bro he actually has raised a good point which I and many of us I would imagine had never thought of. That is, what happens if we go all in for 35 million on a relative mark striker and he fails completely. Do we just bemoan our luck and tell our selves we should of spent 40 mill plus or more, or do we start questioning the coaching/training methods of our front men ?

The same people berating the club for not signing a striker will be berating the club for signing a striker.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Not sure there has been consistent calls that a striker wouldn't be needed from Swanny.. he argued through last season that the strikers are not necessarily the only solutions we should focus on and more goals from midfield was another angle and a greater differentiator vs. clubs above us. Well that's what I remember and took from the threads through last season. Any this Eddie Nkitiah chap.. is he signing or not!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think its time b.w.2 nailed his colours to the mast and actually declares if he thinks we should sign a striker or not. I can't handle all this mystery and guesswork.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The same people berating the club for not signing a striker will be berating the club for signing a striker.

Correctly if we spunked £35m on a dud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here