Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand renamed The Marie Celeste

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not quite all about getting home,getting there was a fecking mare,its the transport that will stop me having a season ticket one day tbh:moo:

Traffic was awful last night got there by skin of my teeth...wasnt too bad an atmosphere in the east where i was.....highest crowd in championship last night ..well up until 85th minute lol

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On the 82nd v Birmingham east stand was almost empty
On the 85th minute last night and with 5 mins injury time so another whole 10 mins of football left it was down to about 20% capacity

Shall we rename the east stand The Marie Celeste
Well it certainly did look & sound like a ship deserted last night
Shocking to see

which stand were u in?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Those having most of a go clearly don't suffer the same implications of being in a huge queue for trains or buses. And by that I don't mean some minor inconvenience, I mean missing connections, taking an hour and a half longer to get home when you might be up at six for kids or work, or not being able to walk as fast as others and giving yourself more time.

I'm sure they would love to all stay til the end, but these other things are important too and our transport infrastructure is inadequate - the clear proof being that the club are not sure they can cope with a match on Boxing Day (which of course they should be able to).

My observation of the East last night is that as well as emptying very quick, it wasn't that full in the first place. A lot of the seats towards the southern end which seem to be used by the club for various freebies/invites etc were not filled, and big gaps elsewhere.

It is a great shame there isn't a full house to cheer the team off, but I understand why, and if the club want that enough, then they have to do even more on transport, be it more park and rides, additional car parking, trains, buses, helicopters, I don't care how they do it, just do it.

The occasions when I feel this most acutely is when we have played really, really well (ie not these last two home games, but Sheff Wed). The players DESERVE an ovation from a full stadium at times like that.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
To be fair the East stand is the family stand. It was a wet and windy Tuesday night. The transport links are shocking and if you don't leave early it will mean the difference between a 30 minute or couple of hours journey home for some. Not every parent wants their kids to do that.

Having said that, I was in the East and waited for the whistle before leaving and there were a lot of seats empty all around the ground, not just the East.

f*** me ragged, the early leavers are getting it again, I personally leave when I want, I left on 91 mins v Brum for reasons I don't have to explain to anyone esp not on a faceless message board, last night I stayed till the death and aplauded them off.

Let's for a change have a pop at those that can't wait to fill their fat faces at half time, from 38 mins onward it's a f***ing joke, those on here with kids etc try, often fruitlessly, to justify leaving on 90 mins, meanwhile those that can't go 45 minutes without eating a cardboard roll with a boiled Lidl sausage in the middle get away scot free

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
:fishing: I better get some work done now I caught a few

That might be gratifying to you however, everyone else on this thread thinks you're a tosser.

Well done!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That I suppose is another benefit of cycling to the stadium. You don't need to leave early to avoid the crush. You can leave at your steam not worrying your going to miss the last bus, or last train. I don't blame people wanting to leave a few mins early. Obviously it looks a bit weird having a half empty stadium when the match is still playing.

The freedom to cycle to the Amex is fantastic, master of your own destiny and all that. Obviously not everyone is in a position to do so due to geographical reasons, or physical ability, but if I was driving in from miles away I'd have a bike/s on the back of the car, park up somewhere within cycling distance of the stadium - Brighton/Lewes etc. get the bikes off and cycle the rest of the way. I would have thought more families would consider cycling on Saturdays if the weather's alright, you do sometimes see a few kids at the bike racks, but it's mostly adults (and men at that) without kids.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
That might be gratifying to you however, everyone else on this thread thinks you're a tosser.

Well done!

Don't take life so serious
If you couldn't read into the opening post that it was all Tongue in cheek then I'm baffled
It's all building site, changing room banter

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The east, especially the family area is always going to be the stand that empties the fastest. Night games, when kids have school the next morning, and whose parents don't want to feel the wrath of moody(er) offspring, are always going to be even 'worse' if you want to put it like that.

That's utter tosh. How many of us had work today???? I don't recall leaving the Goldstone early simply because I had to go to school the next morning.

More nonsense from namby pamby over protective parentes IMHO.

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
To be fair the East stand is the family stand. It was a wet and windy Tuesday night. The transport links are shocking and if you don't leave early it will mean the difference between a 30 minute or couple of hours journey home for some. Not every parent wants their kids to do that.

Exactly. We left on 88 mins because we have a 9 year old who was knackered after a day at school & then 2 hours of Albion training afterwards, and a babysitter looking after our 6 year old (who normally comes to all the matches but has a stinking cold at the moment) We wanted to get back quick so she could get home herself at a sensible hour. We never leave early on Saturday games, but will do it on a midweek game if its necessary (even though we dont like to)
....if we go 2 minutes early to make sure we get the first P&R.... SO WHAT??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here