Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand 1901 Club - where is the area which was set aside for the supporters bar?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Listen to me. I'm an American. This is the Saudi Arabia of shit beer. World's largest producer. World's largest proven reserves.

I know shit beer.

Life's too short to drink shit beer. End of.

Sandals have fcuk-all to do with it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is your problem?
Why can't people have some choice?
I enjoy real ale, German beer, wine and whisky. I don't like mass-produced Brit lagers brewed under licence like Fosters. But if that's what you want go for it, fella!
If you want to pick a scrap with bearded sandal-wearing Albion fans, just keep away from Inigo.

Just to clarify your 'picking a fight' comment, when I made reference to fisty-cuffs at the food and drinks kiosk I was not suggesting for one minute it would be me laying out a real ale drinker, tempting as it is at the moment though. I was simply hinting at a possible future scenario between two arbitrary supporters of opposing beverage.

Also, whilst I have mocked the image of a real ale drinker I have not made any statements in this thread about restricting choice. But you seem to have jumped to the conclusion that I have. And worse, you and others have trotted out the tired ale supporters presumption, probably based on snobbery, that as I do not like real ale I must therefore like mass-produced lager...and no doubt I also have no taste buds. For the record I am discerning when it comes to my lagers. I've banged on about the Meantime Brewery and moaned about the lack of a brewpub in Brighton on this site, and my fridge is currently stocked with Paulaner Hefeweiss, Bitburger Pilsner and Brewdog 77 Pilsner. And if you must know I have also got some Rauchbeer and St Peters Brewery Golden Ale in the wine rack downstairs. I also like wine, gin (best with cucumber and tonic) and a liberal dose of champagne for political reasons (hi Unkle Buck :wink: ) . And going further you can also find my restaurant recommendations on here, and if you dig really deep even some of my bloody recipes. Hell, I even done the Pepsi taste challenge. So please, you and all the other CAMRA members, spare me the 'no taste buds' nonsense.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
..............after all of which no-one has answered the important question of whether I will be a able to get a decent cup of fresh or filter coffee rather than that instant granule stuff on sale at most grounds? :amex:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I love a good pint of real ale. And did rather feel sorry for lager drinkers - funnily whilst not quite being able to equate that with the pleasure of being abroad and enjoying a lager.

But after I read "Man Walks into a Pub" by Pete Brown that gives a history of beers and lagers - written by a chap who prefers lager I changed my mind. Of course there are crap lagers and crap beers - but lager have a long and noble tradition. And roots in Pale Ale as it happens.

So why people try to make it a tribal thing (on both sides) I am not sure.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
..............after all of which no-one has answered the important question of whether I will be a able to get a decent cup of fresh or filter coffee rather than that instant granule stuff on sale at most grounds? :amex:

I'm sure you will somewhere. If not you can bring in filter bags and ask for hot water.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

There was a posh new coffee stand at Withdean for the last game.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I love a good pint of real ale. And did rather feel sorry for lager drinkers - funnily whilst not quite being able to equate that with the pleasure of being abroad and enjoying a lager.

But after I read "Man Walks into a Pub" by Pete Brown that gives a history of beers and lagers - written by a chap who prefers lager I changed my mind. Of course there are crap lagers and crap beers - but lager have a long and noble tradition. And roots in Pale Ale as it happens.

So why people try to make it a tribal thing (on both sides) I am not sure.

I certainly wasn't intending to make it tribal. Just wishing to see choice. I love a good Belgian or German lager beer and like Cains' and have not advocated reducing the options available. However I did feel the need to correct the view that it is just a very small minority who would:drool: prefer the choice. Even by sales as quoted on here, it is a fifth of sales.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It is a small minority that would prefer the choice.

Whichever way you cut it. As for NSC deciding well thats a MINORITY opinion as well. Why do peopple think that NSC is a fans majority. Its BOLLOCKS.

Its a messageboard.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ooh, good coffee! Now THAT would be nice.

They should let Starbucks have a franchise in each stand. Would be excellent to sit and read the programme before the game in a proper coffee place.

Like this idea.

Hi everyone, not been on here for ages 'cos I've been charging round the country and a few other countries on my 30th anniversary tour...

Well at least you're back now, that's the main thing.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Shame you got back in time to do the music at withers :(

I would bet the vast majority wouldnt care what was there as long as there was some form of alcohol served.

Personally I think that the Starbucks is a great idea as well. After all need a break from the great farting brigade.

Starbucks? Why not get a decent coffee shop in?

One thing we can be certain about is that Ray Bloom knows a bit about selling coffee. I can't see him allowing Starbucks anywhere near the place.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because I LIKE Starbucks. For ME they ARE the decent coffee shop.

I'd accept Costa or Pret as alternatives.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because I LIKE Starbucks. For ME they ARE the decent coffee shop.

I'd accept Costa or Pret as alternatives.

There's a bloke in my local coffee shop whose name is Atilla, I kid you not.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For the record I am discerning when it comes to my lagers. I've banged on about the Meantime Brewery and moaned about the lack of a brewpub in Brighton on this site, and my fridge is currently stocked with Paulaner Hefeweiss, Bitburger Pilsner and Brewdog 77 Pilsner. And if you must know I have also got some Rauchbeer and St Peters Brewery Golden Ale in the wine rack downstairs. I also like wine, gin (best with cucumber and tonic) and a liberal dose of champagne for political reasons (hi Unkle Buck :wink: ) . And going further you can also find my restaurant recommendations on here, and if you dig really deep even some of my bloody recipes. Hell, I even done the Pepsi taste challenge. So please, you and all the other CAMRA members, spare me the 'no taste buds' nonsense.

But........you could be a CAMRA member making a post like that :shrug:

CAMRA is not about Bitter v Lager, its about good-quality, properly brewed, stored and delivered 'drinks' versus cheap mass-produced 'drinks'; whether its lager, bitter, cider or wine.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
It is a small minority that would prefer the choice.

Whichever way you cut it. As for NSC deciding well thats a MINORITY opinion as well. Why do peopple think that NSC is a fans majority. Its BOLLOCKS.

Its a messageboard.

I agree on your comment re nsc hence why I didn't use that thread to illustrate my point. But to continue to refer to a small minority is just Alice in wonderland.

Sorry hkfc having thought about it and been swayed by tmls' logic, people who come to football know they will be served Maxwell house. If they don't like it they can go to one of the multitude of coffee places in town. If someone wants a cup of coffee they don't want to be stuck behind you ordering your skinny soya latte with hazelnut syrup. It would be carnage with fights ensuing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here