Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand 1901 Club - where is the area which was set aside for the supporters bar?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My mate is in the 1901 Club and he told me about them. Apart from the big cup ties over the past few years, I've not been to see the Albion...so yes I am a newbie. But I'm tempted to get one of these new seats and start going again.

Thanks for clearing that up, as a member of the 1901 Club myself I've had no calls. Perhaps they have been ringing those up who were not yet 100% decided. I understand there is also a waiting list for Platinum seats in the central area of the West Stand, perhaps these are in the East Stand central area and are being sold as an alternative to the West Stand central seats.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sorry but I just find it a difficult to believe. The stat says a quarter of women consider themselves real ale drinkers. I only have anecdotal and personal evidence but it does not come anywhere close to 26%. Maybe the survey said 2.6%?

I don't think I've ever noticed a female buying a cask ale. Ever. If I had I'd have gone 'ooh, that's a bit weird', but I haven't so I haven't.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Hi everyone, not been on here for ages 'cos I've been charging round the country and a few other countries on my 30th anniversary tour...what a bloody fantastic start to the season!!

To reiterate:
The supporters' bar is going to be in the NORTH Stand.
Dark Star and Harveys have both had meetings with the people with the pouring rights and the message coming from them is loud and clear: if you drink it, we'll serve it! And we surely will. Incidentally, if we're talking minorities, I reckon more Albion fans drink real ale than post on North Stand Chat, actually, though i I'm not going to get drawn into a ROW about it.
And ROSM, don't worry about me, I can look after myself: all the people who moan about me on here are as nice as pie when I meet them in person!

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
Hi everyone, not been on here for ages 'cos I've been charging round the country and a few other countries on my 30th anniversary tour...what a bloody fantastic start to the season!!

To reiterate:
The supporters' bar is going to be in the NORTH Stand.
Dark Star and Harveys have both had meetings with the people with the pouring rights and the message coming from them is loud and clear: if you drink it, we'll serve it! And we surely will. Incidentally, if we're talking minorities, I reckon more Albion fans drink real ale than post on North Stand Chat, actually, though i I'm not going to get drawn into a ROW about it.
And ROSM, don't worry about me, I can look after myself: all the people who moan about me on here are as nice as pie when I meet them in person!

I heard that the North Stand supporters bar will now become the bar/buffet/hospitality area for the new premium seats in the East Stand. Can you confirm this?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No. From agreements reached with the club so far it's all done and dusted - the supporters' bar is in the North Stand.

Phew! ROSM can stop worrying now and more importantly I can too. My season ticket is gonna be a long way from the rancid smells of Old Drama Queen's Crippled Finger or whatever it is you real ale people drink.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Phew! ROSM can stop worrying now and more importantly I can too. My season ticket is gonna be a long way from the rancid smells of Old Drama Queen's Crippled Finger or whatever it is you real ale people drink.

Indeed unless they sell it at the bar in the family stand. Unless of course it is that bar that will be given over to the 400 new premium seats

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

When your taste buds develop young man.............

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Thanks for clearing that up, as a member of the 1901 Club myself I've had no calls. Perhaps they have been ringing those up who were not yet 100% decided. I understand there is also a waiting list for Platinum seats in the central area of the West Stand, perhaps these are in the East Stand central area and are being sold as an alternative to the West Stand central seats.

They were ringing all 1901 club members to check that the contact details were correct prior to sending out the licencing agreements in the next few weeks. If you don't hear from them in the next few days it might be worth contacting them to check that they have up to date contact details for you. At the end of the call to me they mentioned the proposed new 1901 club seats in the East Stand.

D

Deleted User X18H

They were ringing all 1901 club members to check that the contact details were correct prior to sending out the licencing agreements in the next few weeks. If you don't hear from them in the next few days it might be worth contacting them to check that they have up to date contact details for you. At the end of the call to me they mentioned the proposed new 1901 club seats in the East Stand.

Next Monday actually.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I always thought the best seats in the East Stand would attract a premium , so 400 corporates in the central area could be beneficial for us plebs buying regular season tickets either side of them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same price as the ones in the West?

Indeed. £99 a pop plus VAT, no parking but with a mystery hospitality bar.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
And can you imagine the scenes when someone is tanked up on lager, desperate for more, and stuck behind a bearded type who is going through that lengthy ritual of 'examining' his pint before agreeing to purchase it? There'll only be one outcome and it will involve someone with a beard and sandles sparko on their back.

What is your problem?
Why can't people have some choice?
I enjoy real ale, German beer, wine and whisky. I don't like mass-produced Brit lagers brewed under licence like Fosters. But if that's what you want go for it, fella!
If you want to pick a scrap with bearded sandal-wearing Albion fans, just keep away from Inigo.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are lies, damned lies, statistics and numbers peddled by real ale drinkers who want the world to believe that (nearly) everyone else is a real ale drinker too.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
There are lies, damned lies, statistics and numbers peddled by real ale drinkers who want the world to believe that (nearly) everyone else is a real ale drinker too.

Or indeed there is evidence that challenges the naive stereotypes peddled by the fosters brigade. Don't call 1 in 3 'nearly everyone else's but it is significantly more than the 10 or 12 first stated on here.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
35% of women drink Cask Ale? Not in my experience, but then I don't tent to hang around with women who suffer from wind, facial hair problems and extended bellies.

Now lets be honest here BoF, you dont actually hang around with women at all now do you ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
35% of women drink Cask Ale? Not in my experience, but then I don't tent to hang around with women who suffer from wind, facial hair problems and extended bellies.

Who said anything about 35 per cent of women?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here