Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand 1901 Club - where is the area which was set aside for the supporters bar?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
great well we'll stick to that with music shall we? and you say 10 or 12 people when currently 35% of people between 18 and 45 class themselves as cask ale drinkers.

I'm not debating and neither do I really care, but I'd be interested to know the specific question, or questions, that gave this result.

35% means completely different things in the context of these two questions, for example, yet both could be said to identifying people as 'cask ale drinkers'.

- Do you exclusively drink cask ale?
- On average, do you drink cask ale at least once a month?

I have and enjoy cask ale from time to time but there's no way on earth I'd classify myself as a 'cask ale drinker', but I suspect this survey may have me amongst the 35%.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have and enjoy cask ale from time to time but there's no way on earth I'd classify myself as a 'cask ale drinker', but I suspect this survey may have me amongst the 35%.

I was thinking the same, but equally don't care. Surely where you are though it's only cider that comes out of the taps, bath and kitchen sink?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm not debating and neither do I really care, but I'd be
PHP:
interested to know the specific question, or questions, that gave this result.

35% means completely different things in the context of these two questions, for example, yet both could be said to identifying people as 'cask ale drinkers'.

- Do you exclusively drink cask ale?
- On average, do you drink cask ale at least once a month?

As I understand it the question was a self described one based on the individual's preference. someone who buys real ale once a month but who prefers cider would be classed by their own choice as a cider drinker.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This just makes the regular season ticket prices announcement even more interesting. It's fine to fill all the best places with corporate hospitality paying thousands if it supplements the rest of us, but if it's still £600 to sit at the arse end of the West Stand then it's a piss take.

'subsidises'

And yes, I agree.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So, has this actually been announced, or is it a rumour? (the extra 1901 Club seats)

If it is true then I'd imagine these seats would be quite a bit cheaper, seeing as you are sat with the sun in your eyes, with a load of snotty kids one side and goons who like to bait the away fans the other side.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No they did a survey - like all pulse checks in society. But then you knew that I'm sure. And having just spotted your edit, the aurvey would follow the same opinion poll rules are say the yougov election polls so will not be a captive audience at an event that promoted the product in question.

And for your info that included women. They are a fast growing group having risen from 20% to 26% in the last 4 years.

You call it crap but you have no evidence, other than your own opinion, to refute it.

And as for AEG, they have surveyed their customers and the late arrivers to assess the problem. Perhaps that makes them 'noddy' for doing so?

26% of women consider themselves cask ale drinkers? I find this very hard to believe.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I AM a cask ale drinker but as I shall be driving to and from Falmer I won't be drinking any so please exclude me from the 35%. However if someone can find out whether there will be filter coffee available as opposed to instant.......................

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If it is true then I'd imagine these seats would be quite a bit cheaper, seeing as you are sat with the sun in your eyes, with a load of snotty kids one side and goons who like to bait the away fans the other side.

Thread started by a newbie, no official confirmation anywhere, seems like somone trying to sound something out to me

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The irony is that there are many on here who've criticised John Baine's music over the PA by saying there is a lack of personal choice. Some of those are on this thread and are revelling in potentially not having choice for a significant percentage of the fanbase we'll need to take this club forward.

Revelling? Not me, sir. I couldn't give a monkey's about a supporters' bar seeing as I will not be using it.

I'm always up for ripping the piss out of real ale, though seeing it's an easy target and a bad experience I had once at Kensington Olympia but thats all it is. There's no hidden agenda by me. You'll have to look elsewhere for your conspiracy theories.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I AM a cask ale drinker but as I shall be driving to and from Falmer I won't be drinking any so please exclude me from the 35%. However if someone can find out whether there will be filter coffee available as opposed to instant.......................

of course. As we should take out those who drink lager and will drive. Unless there is evidence that cask ale drinkers are more likely to drive? perhaps tmls could get his ding a ling to do a survey?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
that's the funny thing about stereotypes is that when challenged there are many who won't believe the evidence.

I'm sorry but I just find it a difficult to believe. The stat says a quarter of women consider themselves real ale drinkers. I only have anecdotal and personal evidence but it does not come anywhere close to 26%. Maybe the survey said 2.6%?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Thread started by a newbie, no official confirmation anywhere, seems like somone trying to sound something out to me

Hmm, you could be right but I think someone else mentioned extra 1901 club seats in the East Stand on here last week. :drama:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The club were ringing round current 1901 Club members last week about these seats. It is genuine.

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010

My mate is in the 1901 Club and he told me about them. Apart from the big cup ties over the past few years, I've not been to see the Albion...so yes I am a newbie. But I'm tempted to get one of these new seats and start going again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here