Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand 1901 Club - where is the area which was set aside for the supporters bar?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And can you imagine the scenes when someone is tanked up on lager, desperate for more, and stuck behind a bearded type who is going through that lengthy ritual of 'examining' his pint before agreeing to purchase it? There'll only be one outcome and it will involve someone with a beard and sandles sparko on their back.

Does Lord Bracknell only wear sandals during the summer ? ???

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Threads like these are why I absolutly LOVE nsc! A simple normal thread like any other (which is the bit trying to quess which) can over generally 3-5 pages min turn from that simple start to a HUGE MASSIVE F'IN BRILLIANT .... BINFEST!!!

Well Done everybody!!:clap2:

:lolol:

*Awaits people picking up on my spelling and grammer!*

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is your problem?
Why can't people have some choice?
I enjoy real ale, German beer, wine and whisky. I don't like mass-produced Brit lagers brewed under licence like Fosters. But if that's what you want go for it, fella!
If you want to pick a scrap with bearded sandal-wearing Albion fans, just keep away from Inigo.

I do not have a problem. I was just wondering what could happen in the 15 minute half-time rush. It could get a bit nasty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And can you imagine the scenes when someone is tanked up on lager, desperate for more, and stuck behind a bearded type who is going through that lengthy ritual of 'examining' his pint before agreeing to purchase it? There'll only be one outcome and it will involve someone with a beard and sandles sparko on their back.

I do not have a problem. I was just wondering what could happen in the 15 minute half-time rush. It could get a bit nasty.

But I do find the stat about women ale drinkers a bit fanciful.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So do all female real ale drinkers always sport a downstairs beard ? ???

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
To quote some literary Irishman: It only takes one Englishman to order a drink for another Englishman to despise him.

I can visualise it as we wait to catch a train back from Falmer, the talk won't be about the match but about the pitched battle between the sleek, brash 30 something lager louts and the bearded, sandal-wearing, folksong-intoning real ale drinkers with their hairy women in support.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
But I do find the stat about women ale drinkers a bit fanciful.
Sorry having read this back I can see that what I wrote was unclear. I meant that 26 per cent of those who identified their preference to be cask ale were ladies. I accept it reads here at 26 per cent of all women. It shouldn't have and that was my error.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To quote some literary Irishman: It only takes one Englishman to order a drink for another Englishman to despise him.

I can visualise it as we wait to catch a train back from Falmer, the talk won't be about the match but about the pitched battle between the sleek, brash 30 something lager louts and the bearded, sandal-wearing, folksong-intoning real ale drinkers with their hairy women in support.

paraphrase more like. Wasn't it about opening mouths and referring to accents?

I like that though. As a 41yr old to be referred to as a sleek 30-something. Still got it. I never lost it.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I used to drink lager myself, Fosters mostly (in the days of those treble size Fosters cans) and gave it up in the mid 80s because I suddenly realised it tasted like carbonated hamster urine with an aftertaste like iron filings and after eight pints I woke up the next morning feeling as though an elephant had stamped on my head. But that's just me - each to their own and let us all raise our glasses high and drink to a bloody good team and a great future for the Albion!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I used to drink lager myself, Fosters mostly (in the days of those treble size Fosters cans) and gave it up in the mid 80s because I suddenly realised it tasted like carbonated hamster urine with an aftertaste like iron filings and after eight pints I woke up the next morning feeling as though an elephant had stamped on my head. But that's just me

Nope, there's hundreds of you real ale bores. I've met quite a few of them.

Nope, there's hundreds of you real ale bores. I've met quite a few of them.

Proud to be one of the many hundreds of bores who like something a bit different, unlike the many thousands of lager lemmings!

Nothing wrong with being different, just wish that the real ale types weren't so snobby about it, that's all.

I know what you mean, some real ale drinkers are so into it that anything but drinking real is seen as some form of heresy.

For me if people want to drink unimaginative crap like Carling and Fosters then that's their choice. I won't go on about it, it's just that they are missing out on tasting some really nice and different alcoholic beverages and this includes independently brewed lagers too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Proud to be one of the many hundreds of bores who like something a bit different

If 36% of the population are real ale drinkers then isn't it likely that you're part of the biggest group of drinkers, once...

- Lager
- Cider
- Non-real ale
- Stout
- Wine
- Spirit (and mixer)
- Tee-totallers
- etc etc

...all get their vote to divide up the remaining 64%?

Doesn't sound like you are particularly different at all.

If 36% of the population are real ale drinkers then isn't it likely that you're part of the biggest group of drinkers, once...

- Lager
- Cider
- Non-real ale
- Stout
- Wine
- Spirit (and mixer)
- Tee-totallers
- etc etc

...all get their vote to divide up the remaining 64%?

Doesn't sound like you are particularly different at all.

From the Telegraph:

'According to the Beer and Pub Association, ale's share of the overall beer market last year crept up from 20.4 per cent to 20.6 per cent the year before. Lager still predominates, but its share slipped a fraction from 74.5 to 74.3 per cent. '

Real ale makes a comeback - Telegraph

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here