Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand 1901 Club - where is the area which was set aside for the supporters bar?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just had the call from the 1901 people, confirming that there will be 400 seats for 1901 Club in the East Stand. Apparently the club are spending an additional £2million for a hospitality suite here to service them. These 400 will all be for the plantinum package. Existing 1901 members have the option to move to this. I'm sticking where I am though, more than happy with mine.

All of the West Stand middle tier and the central bits in the lower tier are sold out.

Apparently they are inundated with people wanting these seats and completely underestimated the demand for these. Obviously sitting top of the table, eight points clear is helping with sales! :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just had the call from the 1901 people, confirming that there will be 400 seats for 1901 Club in the East Stand. Apparently the club are spending an additional £2million for a hospitality suite here to service them. These 400 will all be for the plantinum package. Existing 1901 members have the option to move to this. I'm sticking where I am though, more than happy with mine.

All of the West Stand middle tier and the central bits in the lower tier are sold out.

Apparently they are inundated with people wanting these seats and completely underestimated the demand for these. Obviously sitting top of the table, eight points clear is helping with sales! :thumbsup:

I'm guessing they will be on the half-way line?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Might this explain the delay in next year's season ticket details being announced?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Might this explain the delay in next year's season ticket details being announced?

Almost certainly. But with Premium seats now accounting for 10% of capacity (I think 400 extra bring it to 2500), I hope that will lead to some subsidising of the ordinary seats. To be honest if the rumoured £640 top price is confirmed the 1901 club looks a bargain.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To be honest if the rumoured £640 top price is confirmed the 1901 club looks a bargain.

Especially if you take into account the liklihood of Championship football and dare it say it Premiership football within the five years of the 1901 Club price fix.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Yes, I mentioned this earlier - we were supposed to hear from the Club in October, this became November and now hopefully before Christmas.

With the league position as it is, there should be an excellent take-up of STs.

Have I heard right that existing STHs can buy 3 additional STs?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I dont care what they sell as long as they dont get the caterers in that look after the front bar at the Dome / Corn exchange.

During my recent visit to watch the pub landlord they were selling Carlsberg, in plastic bottles, at ...........

wait for it ........

£8 a pint, i kid you not!

Would have been the same company that does the darts at the Brighton centre, It was £7 a pint there last year.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Especially if you take into account the liklihood of Championship football and dare it say it Premiership football within the five years of the 1901 Club price fix.

And even more so if you factor in the fact that all cup games and friendlies are included in the 1901 club, plus your free program and parking space (if you can find enough mates).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And even more so if you factor in the fact that all cup games and friendlies are included in the 1901 club, plus your free program and parking space (if you can find enough mates).

Yes indeedy. There was four of us so we got a free parking space with our gold club seats.

Worth mentioning that the new section in the East Stand does NOT come with a parking space.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Before this thread was diverted into a slightly ridiculous, tribal row about drink choices, a number of important points were made. If Falmer is going to work properly a large number of fans need to stay at the ground after the game for 30/45 minutes or so.

The 1901 club will obviously have a pleasant place to unwind in.

But there needs to be somewhere for other fans to hang around getting the final scores, talking to friends and, yes, having a reasonable choice of drink and food so that a mad rush back into Brighton and its pubs is not imperative. IMHO a separate supporters' bar is not absolutely essential - but pleasant bars that will prevent massive queues at the station are. I had heard that the concourse will be open after the game so that you can meet up with friends from other parts of the ground. Anyone know more?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Before this thread was diverted into a slightly ridiculous, tribal row about drink choices, a number of important points were made. If Falmer is going to work properly a large number of fans need to stay at the ground after the game for 30/45 minutes or so.

The 1901 club will obviously have a pleasant place to unwind in.

But there needs to be somewhere for other fans to hang around getting the final scores, talking to friends and, yes, having a reasonable choice of drink and food so that a mad rush back into Brighton and its pubs is not imperative. IMHO a separate supporters' bar is not absolutely essential - but pleasant bars that will prevent massive queues at the station are. I had heard that the concourse will be open after the game so that you can meet up with friends from other parts of the ground. Anyone know more?

Plan is that concourse bars will be open after the game, as will the supporters' bar, and yes, you'll be able to meet up with fans from other parts of the ground.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Plan is that concourse bars will be open after the game, as will the supporters' bar, and yes, you'll be able to meet up with fans from other parts of the ground.

including away fans ? :lolol:

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Well, there is still the West Upper, which hasn't been mentioned (much) yet, and was suggested/recommended to me.

Hopefully, I can get something around the front of that.

That's my first choice, i am suprised that the club haven't sold the center of this area as 1901 as well, the view from up there looks wonderfull.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
where has the £640 ST price come from, that would be scandalous !

£500 I'm hoping and thats a lot

a NSCer who went to a 1901 presentation was told by one of the marketing guys the top ST price was likely to be £640.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here