Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dressage - WTF!!!??

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Any event that involves personal interpretation for scoring should not be in the Olympics events that can be measured only for me, and that's not just a dig at dressage.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What a load of f***ing shit you cretin. Do you know anything about any of the riders in any of the equestian disciplines?

Or anything about Dressage and what it takes to get to that level.

f*** me this thread is going to end up in a ban for me i suspect.

Wankers.

You're language is a bit industrial for a posh horsey person! :hilton:

Did you not watch the Jump Off in the SJ yesterday, or the Cross Country in the Eventing last week?

No, probably not. Your just commenting on something you know nothing about.

I don't have a problem with the incredible skill required in dressage, my original point is what the hell is it doing in the Olympics? Eventing, cross country, show jumping - I get all that, not a problem to me. But Dressage is a complex judged competition, which is even at odds with the other equestrian events let alone the Olympics.

Things I would drop:
Dressage
Syncro Swimming
Rythmic Gymnastics.

Things I would bring in:
Squash & Racketball
Futsal (5-a-side)
Bog Snorkelling

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Agree total shite. Was on this morning at the same time as some women swimming 10000 metres in open water. How both can carry the same prize is crazy!!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I guess you switched your computer off, within the 6 minutes it took me to ask for your help in explaining the sport.

It would have been nice to watch today with a little bit more knowledge of the intricacies of the sport.

Don't bother now, I won't see it again for another 4 years.

Blimey you've made 3 posts on dressage all have been ranting, are you sure you like the sport?
I do apologise old chap, If truth be told I probably didn't even turn the computer off, I normally leave it running !
As for the rants, just defending the old equine sports, it's fairly close to my heart as my wife owns three eventers and my 3 year old daughter has just started to ride her Shetland.
I'll be honest it isn't really my thing, but I do see the amount of work my Mrs puts in, and it does irk me slightly to see the undue criticism.
Now Rugby that is my thing ! Should we drop Dressage for Rugby ? Tough one but rugby wins :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here