Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dressage - WTF!!!??

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Have any of you ARSEHOLES slagging this off ever tried it? I'd guess not.

Why don't you try something before you knock it.

You do realise that if a horse doesnt want to do something it just flicks it's back legs about a foot off the floor and deposits the rider on the floor. Didn't see much of that in the 'Horse Dancing' today as you so ignorantly put it.
I'm with you junior, I tried explaining this to the cretins in the other thread that was called "gay horse clip clopping" ! http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?251778-The-Official-Olympic-thread-sub-section-Gay-horse-clip-clopping
As I said on the other thread, I know first hand how much goes into training a horse, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but to slag it off like they do without the slightest bit of knowledge is a bit out of order !

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
There's no doubt it requires a hell of a lot of skill and technique to teach horses how to do that, but I kind of feel the same way about it as I do about, say, synchronised swimming...

Showjumping is much more of a proper 'sport'.

You don't "teach" a horse to do it. Any (almost any) horse can do those movements. The rider just has to figure out what 'buttons to push' to ask the horse to perform them, and can then work on perfecting them. This is the bit that takes effort, skill, patience and a hell of a lot of hard work.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The joke sports are boring. As the OP said, posh people making horses dance. That's all it is. It isn't sport, it should be nowhere near the Olympics.

It isn't a sport.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Beautiful majestic beasts made to dance to Hakuna Matata from the Lion Kion. What a crock of shit this is, posh people making horses dance, f***ing makes my blood boil when I think of other sports (I.e. squash) that don't get in.

If the Illumanti are going to blow something up, they can start with the dressage arena!!

:tosser:

What has "posh people" got to do with it? There are lots of sports that are expensive to participate in. Equestrian sports are VERY popular in this country. The horses are not usually owned by the riders.

Maybe squash should be included. It is a bit middle class though isn't it? Surely you would want something like break dancing?

On a more serious note, there should be another look at some of the sports - handball? WTF

You don't "teach" a horse to do it. Any (almost any) horse can do those movements. The rider just has to figure out what 'buttons to push' to ask the horse to perform them, and can then work on perfecting them. This is the bit that takes effort, skill, patience and a hell of a lot of hard work.

Wouldn't it be easier to just make them run fast or jump high?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
On a more serious note, there should be another look at some of the sports - handball? WTF
Best team sport in the Olympics. I wish we took it seriously, and maybe we will going forward.

Out of interest, what is it that you don't like about it being in the Olympics?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The joke sports are boring. As the OP said, posh people making horses dance. That's all it is. It isn't sport, it should be nowhere near the Olympics.

It isn't a sport.

Christ alive, what a narrowed minded idiot you are ! I know so many horse riders and I wouldn't class any of them posh.
I suppose all the disabled kids that make horses "dance" are all posh too.
This stigma that only "posh" people ride is long gone.
You do realise that this so called "dancing" is done without music too, and actually a written test that the riders must memorise before they compete ?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

It isn't a sport.

What a load of f***ing shit you cretin. Do you know anything about any of the riders in any of the equestian disciplines?

Or anything about Dressage and what it takes to get to that level.

f*** me this thread is going to end up in a ban for me i suspect.

Wankers.

Did you not watch the Jump Off in the SJ yesterday, or the Cross Country in the Eventing last week?

No, probably not. Your just commenting on something you know nothing about.

Whoa there matey.

I did watch some of the cross country and some of the Jumping, whats an SJ?

I just find the whole dressage thing a bit naff.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is a load of crap in my opinion. Rugby would be much better - and not just 7s.
Yes I KNOW you think it is a load of crap? I am asking you WHY you think this? What is wrong with it?

There are certainly 100 more reasons than including this horsey clip-clop drivel.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm with you junior, I tried explaining this to the cretins in the other thread that was called "gay horse clip clopping" ! http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?251778-The-Official-Olympic-thread-sub-section-Gay-horse-clip-clopping
As I said on the other thread, I know first hand how much goes into training a horse, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but to slag it off like they do without the slightest bit of knowledge is a bit out of order !

Come on this is NSC, you didn't really think they'd be many people who "get" upmarket horse antics did you?

Junior calm down you are just gonna give yourself a coronary. My wife loves anything horsey and used to run her own stables. I don't get it at all so she went to the dressage with a bunch of mates who did, and she had a fantastic day. Although I dont really get it, I'd hesitate to slag it off to her with some of the comments on this thread...

Last edited:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Christ alive, what a narrowed minded idiot you are ! I know so many horse riders and I wouldn't class any of them posh.
I suppose all the disabled kids that make horses "dance" are all posh too.
This stigma that only "posh" people ride is long gone.
You do realise that this so called "dancing" is done without music too, and actually a written test that the riders must memorise before they compete ?

There will soon be a bunch of narrow-minded left-wing tossers calling for it to be banned like hunting soon! Riding, as was hunting, is something that involves people from all social classes in some way shape or form. There are thousands of girls/women and no doubt boys/men, who scrimp and scrape to enjoy horse riding. People should just look at the average nags in the fields around Sussex next time they venture outside of their urban environments.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yes I KNOW you think it is a load of crap? I am asking you WHY you think this? What is wrong with it?

There are certainly 100 more reasons than including this horsey clip-clop drivel.

Why? It just looks like a totally crap sport. But that is just an opinion, clearly others like it. How about the relevance of synchronised diving then? Or specific sailing classes? Or cycle disciplines over another? It is all about opinions.

In your opinion... ... So obviously that must be right then? What if you opened your eyes and looked at the vast participation in equestrian sports in this country?

The dressage to music may be a bit different, but it takes hours and hours of training and dedication - like all sports - to be good at it. There are lots of riders, who whilst they do not own horses capable of participating, love to watch it and admire the skill of the horses and riders involved. It is comparable with Ice Dancing in the winter Olympics.

superwomen

Apr 19, 2011
Hove
Well I love it - and the rest of the olympics for that matter - will miss it when its all over - at least there the football at the amex to look forward to!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here