Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dressage - WTF!!!??

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We are Olympic champions in teaching horses how to dance. Amazing!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A tweet from the BBC website:

Mark Dobson on Twitter said:
can't believe I'm watching this!! These horses are amazing!!! Fantastic entertainment !!!

No, I can't either. You're a man FFS.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh come on she made the horse dance to the great escape we couldn't quite make the ball go in the net when we tried it first so for that she deserves the GOLD

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
It must take years of training, an excellent bond with the horse and I'll happily take the golds for the total, thanks very much team, but Christ it's dull.

I've been watching the BMX too. Anybody who doubted that sport's place in the Games should watch these races. Bloody hell.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Have any of you ARSEHOLES slagging this off ever tried it? I'd guess not.

Why don't you try something before you knock it.

You do realise that if a horse doesnt want to do something it just flicks it's back legs about a foot off the floor and deposits the rider on the floor. Didn't see much of that in the 'Horse Dancing' today as you so ignorantly put it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gold and Bronze for GB. Excellent sport.
It's a splendid sport when it's just adding to our already impressive medal haul.

However, can you imagine how cringeworthy and embarrassing it would be if our ONLY gold medal was in the horses? At least in 1996, our only gold was in the rowing, which is a PROPER sport, requiring exertion.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The medals in the dressage have brought our tally up to 50 in total - tremendous stuff!

You do realise that if a horse doesnt want to do something it just flicks it's back legs about a foot off the floor and deposits the rider on the floor. Didn't see much of that in the 'Horse Dancing' today as you so ignorantly put it.

No, but it's still shit.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
man up you miseries.

bloody brilliant effort

some lovely fillies on display....and soem decent horses too

Now the British woman has won I must say I have a fundamental problem with any "sport" which requires subjective scoring to find a winner and that includes diving, gymnastics, boxing, ice skating etc. I have no doubt they many require skill but to determine an olympic champion this way seems to me to be too open to abuse and favouritism.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There's no doubt it requires a hell of a lot of skill and technique to teach horses how to do that, but I kind of feel the same way about it as I do about, say, synchronised swimming...

Showjumping is much more of a proper 'sport'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Don't be a prick. Do one is denying it is incredibly challenging and requires immense training and skill, but then so does ballet but its still not considered a sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here