Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dressage - WTF!!!??

My daughter does dressage and I'm neither posh or wealthy. It doesn't float my boat but I now how dedicated these and other dressage riders are and how much skill is involved.

Oh and she doing her Uni dissertation in Sports Therapy on Dressage Riders so I guess it is taken more seriously than some of the people on here know.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nothing said changes my mind. Joke "sport" which should be nowhere near the Olympics. Of all the 200 (is it 206 to be exact?) events in the Olympics, a lot of them are comedy events which really should NOT be at the Olympics in my opinion.

But they are, and in this case, we've picked up a gold. Yay. Our horses can sure dance. Never mind the swimming.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It belongs on Britain's got talent, with dog dancing, not the Olympics!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Dressage is creepy. Makes me feel a little sick.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dressage dates back to classical Greek horsemanship and the military who trained their horses to perform movements intended to evade or attack the enemy whilst in battle. The earliest work on training horses was written by Xenophon, a Greek Military Commander born around 430 BC.

Dressage continued to be developed by the military who studied horsemanship as part of their military training and during the Renaissance European aristocrats displayed highly trained horses in equestrian pageants. The great European riding masters of the time developed a training system and the Imperial Spanish Riding School of Vienna was established in 1572 and all dressage training today is based around their principles.

Dressage become an Olympic Sport in the 1912 Olympic Games in Stockholm with only commissioned military officers eligible to compete until 1952 when the rules changed to allow both civilian men and women to compete.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What a load of f***ing shit you cretin. Do you know anything about any of the riders in any of the equestian disciplines?

Or anything about Dressage and what it takes to get to that level.

f*** me this thread is going to end up in a ban for me i suspect.

Wankers.

I know someone who trains horses to do dressage. He's a cassive munt and his sport is shit.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I don't know and don't care if it's a shit sport, all I know is we got two medals out of it so its must be great.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm with you junior, I tried explaining this to the cretins in the other thread that was called "gay horse clip clopping" ! http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?251778-The-Official-Olympic-thread-sub-section-Gay-horse-clip-clopping
As I said on the other thread, I know first hand how much goes into training a horse, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but to slag it off like they do without the slightest bit of knowledge is a bit out of order !
But refused to actually educate us, and unsurprisingly a similar thread pops up again.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Just because somebody puts a lot of time into something doesn't make it worthwhile or that it instantly deserves my respect. No-one should have to work that hard to look so much of a tit. I put no effort in to it at all.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
You don't "teach" a horse to do it. Any (almost any) horse can do those movements. The rider just has to figure out what 'buttons to push' to ask the horse to perform them, and can then work on perfecting them. This is the bit that takes effort, skill, patience and a hell of a lot of hard work.

You just have to be carefull not to press the 'off' button.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
But refused to actually educate us, and unsurprisingly a similar thread pops up again.
Didn't actually refuse to do anything did I ? I do funnily have a life outside of the internet, and am not glued NSC all day.
I forgot all about the other thread, and it had obviously dropped of the front page, this thread reminded me about it.
What is it exactly you need explaining ? Is it the gayness or the poshness ?
Please forgive me if I don't reply straight away as I'm off down the stables to get buggered senseless while quaffing a lovely glass of pink champagne in my smoking jacket !

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Bold Seagull;5089310]Jumping over stuff and getting round a course in the shortest time I actually get, making animals dance for our amusement strikes me as a but medeaval and certainly not a sport.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
posh or otherwise, i love horsey birds

Laura-Bechtolsheimer.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've done a few dressage tests in my time, I'm neither gay or posh (and neither is my horse).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't actually refuse to do anything did I ? I do funnily have a life outside of the internet, and am not glued NSC all day.
I forgot all about the other thread, and it had obviously dropped of the front page, this thread reminded me about it.
What is it exactly you need explaining ? Is it the gayness or the poshness ?
Please forgive me if I don't reply straight away as I'm off down the stables to get buggered senseless while quaffing a lovely glass of pink champagne in my smoking jacket !
I guess you switched your computer off, within the 6 minutes it took me to ask for your help in explaining the sport.

It would have been nice to watch today with a little bit more knowledge of the intricacies of the sport.

Don't bother now, I won't see it again for another 4 years.

Blimey you've made 3 posts on dressage all have been ranting, are you sure you like the sport?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here