Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dressage - WTF!!!??

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Beautiful majestic beasts made to dance to Hakuna Matata from the Lion Kion. What a crock of shit this is, posh people making horses dance, f***ing makes my blood boil when I think of other sports (I.e. squash) that don't get in.

If the Illumanti are going to blow something up, they can start with the dressage arena!!

:tosser:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just can't take the horsey sports seriously. The posh people seem to be trying sooo hard to convince us mere ordinaries that these horsey sports are the pinnacle of sporting athletic prowess.

No they're not. They're shit. That's why a 54 year old man has a medal in it, and it's taken him two decades of trying at Olympic games to get one.

D

Deleted member 18477

Wow! What a performance that was from Britain!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It obviously takes skill, but I prefer my olympic events to be slightly more 'physically exerting' i.e. swim/run/ride/row/sail fastest, jump highest/furthest etc etc

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just can't take the horsey sports seriously. The posh people seem to be trying sooo hard to convince us mere ordinaries that these horsey sports are the pinnacle of sporting athletic prowess.

No they're not. They're shit. That's why a 54 year old man has a medal in it, and it's taken him two decades of trying at Olympic games to get one.

Jumping over stuff and getting round a course in the shortest time I actually get, making animals dance for our amusement strikes me as a but medeaval and certainly not a sport.

Anyway I've gone to taekwondo now and our girl is winning, happy again!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't really get it but neither do I get people on what look like kid's bikes or synchronised swimming being Olympic events either

I do like a bit of the old cross country stuff, especially when the horse looks at the jump and say "f*** off mate" and dumps the rider usually in the water.

All the rest is a load of old pony.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dressage belongs in a circus. It's got as much to do with sport as lion taming.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Horse dancing. Hmmm, get one to do a moonwalk like that Manekin Bird on QI, and then I'm watching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here