Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dowie/Johnson

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
AJ's Love Monkey said:
To be fair UB you cant judge a player on one performance can you? Give the bloke a run of 3 or 4 games to find out if he has what it takes at international level.

But the fact is that Bent has stepped up to the top flight and scored regularly, where as Johnson has dropped a division, so that has pushed him down the order.

I do not think Bent is any better, but the level Johnson is playing out has counted against him.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Croydonbloke said:
Read my post properly please before writing a load of old gibber. I said he had his chance but he was out of position for goodness sake.

AJLM are you getting tired of all this yet?????????:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

To be fair we are on their board and if Ronaldinho was playing for Palace they would say he was crap!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Locky said:
His point was obvious.............you are hardly going to get Brighton fans proclaiming Johnson to be the best thing since sliced bread.....................if you want that try posting on your own boards.
At the end of the day mate if he was what was good for England shouldn`t pride be swallowed. The fact is he is worthy of a shot.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
AJ's Love Monkey said:
To be fair UB you cant judge a player on one performance can you? Give the bloke a run of 3 or 4 games to find out if he has what it takes at international level.

He should NOT have stayed at Palace, it showed a distinct lack of desire to play at the WC. He doen't deserve his chance I'm afraid.
He should have left Palace and proved himself in the Premiership just as Darren Bent did and his was given a go and will probably make the squad whilst Johnson scores a few on the way to the play offs and sits on his arse and watches England on the tele. He may well be good enough but down to his own stupidity we will probably never find out.

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Uncle Buck said:
But then he did have his chance in the summer and did not really take it. Richardson scored twice in that game and has kept his place ever since, Johnson did not find the net and has slipped down the order.

Very true. The second goal Johnson was about to get on to from a position similar to that he had beaten Van der Saar, Soronsen and Maik Taylor that season, but Richardson was also there and got to the ball ahead of him.

Anyhoo, I guess this is all very boring to you lot so I'll leave you all to it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
He should NOT have stayed at Palace, it showed a distinct lack of desire to play at the WC. He doen't deserve his chance I'm afraid.
He should have left Palace and proved himself in the Premiership just as Darren Bent did and his was given a go and will probably make the squad whilst Johnson scores a few on the way to the play offs and sits on his arse and watches England on the tele. He may well be good enough but down to his own stupidity we will probably never find out.

I do think a combination also of showing too much loyalty and Simon Jordan leaning on him.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
AJ's Love Monkey said:
To be fair we are on their board and if Ronaldinho was playing for Palace they would say he was crap!
We`ve got goofy we`ve got goofy. Just seeing if it has a ring to it.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton

Fair shout he may well have shot himself in the foot by trying to help us back up again, but i love him for it!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
He proved himself last season in the prem. End of.

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
If he was what was good for England then I dont give shit who he plays for IMO he is not! it honestly has nothing to do with the club! I hate Man U almost as much as palace but i would never want and England team without Rooney!

p.s if Ronaldinho played for place i would still think he was amazing dont stupid!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
5 past Kuipers said:
Very true. The second goal Johnson was about to get on to from a position similar to that he had beaten Van der Saar, Soronsen and Maik Taylor that season, but Richardson was also there and got to the ball ahead of him.

Anyhoo, I guess this is all very boring to you lot so I'll leave you all to it.

Fair point and I do think it was a bit harsh putting Owen back in for the Columbia game as we know what he can do and these friendlies had been reduced to B Level in all but name, but there you go, it shows players have to take their chances. Vassell did that 4 years ago against Holland and Cameroon and went to Japan, where as I doubt that Johnson will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here