Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dowie/Johnson

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
I keep reading that Ian Dowie reckons Andy Johnson can still make it in to the England squad for the summer, what a complete joke! HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I know we have a bit of a lack of strikers after Rooney and Owen but common!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:
I keep reading that Ian Dowie reckons Andy Johnson can still make it in to the England squad for the summer, what a complete joke! HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I know we have a bit of a lack of strikers after Rooney and Owen but common!

82 goals in 150 appearances, no that is a shocking scoring record! :lol: :jester:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005

So what brighton player is being touted for England to go to the World Cup fella? Didnt quite catch his name :rolleyes:

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
It's only Dowie touting Johnson, I am not disputing his record but Andy Cole scored a shit load of goals and was crap for England Johnson falls in to that catogory. International football is about more than scoring goals! There are loads of Strikers who have more about them than him! He wont get in anyway so really this argument is academic!

By the way what was the point of saying "what Brighton players are being touted for England"? If McGhee turned round and touted Kazim-Richards it would be the same as what Dowie blindly does for his lover Johnson!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
It's only Dowie touting Johnson, I am not disputing his record but Andy Cole scored a shit load of goals and was crap for England Johnson falls in to that catogory. International football is about more than scoring goals! There are loads of Strikers who have more about them than him! He wont get in anyway so really this argument is academic!

By the way what was the point of saying "what Brighton players are being touted for England"? If McGhee turned round and touted Kazim-Richards it would be the same as what Dowie blindly does for his lover Johnson!

But Johnson has played once for England as a RIGHT WINGER! How can you judge if a player is good enough for international football based on that? It wouldnt matter to you if Johnson scored a hat-trick on his debut, because he is a Palace player you slate him. Bad emotion bitterness fella :shootself :wave:

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
Thats complete crap! He is no good enough FACT! When he was in the Prem he scored a load of penalties and scoring goals in the championship does not constitute being good enough for England! And why do you think he got played on the wing?? It's because there are plenty of other strikers ahead of him!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Dowie is probably talking Johnson up to increase his transfer value. Because Palace will have to sell a lot of their players when they miss out on the promotion this season.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
If you put Johnson in the centre and feed him the ball I bet he can match any England striker for attempts on goal and bang in a few as well.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I think Zamora will be higher up the list of hopefuls than johnson

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Thats complete crap! He is no good enough FACT! When he was in the Prem he scored a load of penalties and scoring goals in the championship does not constitute being good enough for England! And why do you think he got played on the wing?? It's because there are plenty of other strikers ahead of him!

Why is that CRAP Mattew? If Eriksson played Darren Bent as a winger the other night do you think that would have been a fair indication of his ability to play for England? You are the one talking crap fella

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Re: Re: Dowie/Johnson

AJ's Love Monkey said:
So what brighton player is being touted for England to go to the World Cup fella? Didnt quite catch his name :rolleyes:

With Sols problems it looks like the tank might get a call up

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
AJ's Love Monkey said:
But Johnson has played once for England as a RIGHT WINGER! How can you judge if a player is good enough for international football based on that? It wouldnt matter to you if Johnson scored a hat-trick on his debut, because he is a Palace player you slate him. Bad emotion bitterness fella :shootself :wave:

Johnson got another chance in the game against the USA, up front.

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...

I heard that Brighton are going to stay up this season - what a complete joke!!!! YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Dowie/Johnson

SE25 said:
I heard that Brighton are going to stay up this season - what a complete joke!!!! YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Keep laughing SE25..the joke was echoing around your ears last October though. The joke is your outfit are not good enough for the premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here