Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doug Loft Fan club

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I just gave you my reason, it might not be a very good one, but its my one!

Why dont you ask other people about there obsession over him?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
My question was aimed at everyone who has partken in the obsession.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He just seems to have been made into a bit of a cult hero on here, Im sure Withdean Wanderer will be able to elaborate more on why Doug is loved, sorry Loft, so much.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
it started at HArtlepool away last season, when he came on and did so well, and then about 50 different Doug Loft chants started, and it culminated in a last minute WINNER for Bas, which sent our fans spastic with DELIGHT

No hes not the greatest player, but it is great to give CULT hero status to someone different other than the normal. At least it is support.

The same happened to rubbish players in the past, and long may it continue.

Crumplin, Storer, Savage, Loft...........

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
I think it's just not my kind of humour.

I could perhaps understand a few people having an obsession with him, but now its caught on with many others who are simply jumping on the bandwagon for no particular reason. I could also understand it if the obsession was directed at someone who is likely to start more than 5 games a season.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He just seems to have been made into a bit of a cult hero on here, Im sure Withdean Wanderer will be able to elaborate more on why Doug is loved, sorry Loft, so much.

I'd like to take some of the credit, given that I started the hero worship of Doug in 2006, as well as the thread full of Loft songs which got turned into the 'bible' following his performance at Hartlepool, where the first Doug Loft love-in really took place!

Mendoza sums it up pretty well to be honest, but he missed the key issue.

He has AMAZING hair. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
See, I just dont really find it funny :shrug: It's the sort of humour the kids who are really shit at football and have little social interaction with others enjoy on the playground.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
See, I just dont really find it funny :shrug: It's the sort of humour the kids who are really shit at football and have little social interaction with others enjoy on the playground.

Yes, but the only reason you don't find it funny is so you can impress your special mates Barney/One true BHA, Paxton Spazo, keeping the dream alive etc, and so you can toss yourself silly over your 'controversial internet posts'.

:nono:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I could perhaps understand a few people having an obsession with him, but now its caught on with many others who are simply jumping on the bandwagon for no particular reason. I could also understand it if the obsession was directed at someone who is likely to start more than 5 games a season.

If thats aimed at me. Which im pretty sure is because u've been taking the piss out of this thread all night. You dont even know me so you actually have no idea that i've liked Doug Loft for ages, and not just jumping on the 'bandwaggon'.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Yes, but the only reason you don't find it funny is so you can impress your special mates Barney/One true BHA, Paxton Spazo, keeping the dream alive etc, and so you can toss yourself silly over your 'controversial internet posts'.

don't actually know those lads, but i am very impressed.

you and your geeky mates have your ways of getting a laugh, i have my ways.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton

You do try pretty hard to impress that Keeping the Dream Alive Conboy:blush:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton

People are very perceptive on this site, I say that because it's now blatantly obvious that I'm not the only one to notice the above! :rolleyes:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
it started at HArtlepool away last season, when he came on and did so well, and then about 50 different Doug Loft chants started, and it culminated in a last minute WINNER for Bas, which sent our fans spastic with DELIGHT

No hes not the greatest player, but it is great to give CULT hero status to someone different other than the normal. At least it is support.

The same happened to rubbish players in the past, and long may it continue.

Crumplin, Storer, Savage, Loft...........

Exactly what HE said, that is not opinion, that is FACT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here