Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Double standards over Koran Burning.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think the ultimate dilemma for bushy would be to find a paedophile burning a copy of the Koran!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
None, but tubes and buses in london were, it was used as an example to show that a significant proportion of muslims have more loyalty to the religion than to the country, but i think you knew that, heres something taken from the notoriously hardline fascist yorkshire post.

Many Muslims 'want Sharia law' - Yorkshire Post

You didn't even read the article did you...you just read the headline...:facepalm:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
None, but tubes and buses in london were, it was used as an example to show that a significant proportion of muslims have more loyalty to the religion than to the country, but i think you knew that, heres something taken from the notoriously hardline fascist yorkshire post.

The buses in London, were bombed...as you know.... by disaffected British muslim youths specifically for the the reason of British involvement in the bizarre invasion of an Islamic country, ie Iraq...

Many Muslims 'want Sharia law' - Yorkshire Post

FOUR in 10 UK Muslims want hard-line Sharia Law introduced in parts of Britain

ie a minority want sharia law introduced in parts of Britain...parts...ie, places with a high percentage of
Muslims?

I dont agree with that any more than you do, but keep it in perspective.
Theres Jewish religious law in Great Britain, and has been for many years.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
They could have nicked the muslims for behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace, you know it, i know it, everybody on here knows it.

sounds like you have double standards... by your valuation, the girl should be charged with inciting religious hatred AND for behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace?? both are surely breaching the peace? whereas the girl has broken another law for inciting religious hatred, the poppy burners have not. so would you agree if the muslims are charged as you suggest, the girl should have two charges against her?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
why does everyone get into such a state over religion
I'v been on this earth long enough to know there is
no God
no higher being
how do I know this ,well if there were such a being there would be no wars,no peoples trying to murder other peoples there would be no borders,no hatred, no racism
ECT
ECT
ECT
we are it so please try to get along nicely and be nice to one another

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
sounds like you have double standards... by your valuation, the girl should be charged with inciting religious hatred AND for behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace?? both are surely breaching the peace? whereas the girl has broken another law for inciting religious hatred, the poppy burners have not. so would you agree if the muslims are charged as you suggest, the girl should have two charges against her?
No i havent, and you know i havent, you're attempting to defend the indefensible (the poppy burning), i honestly cannot fathom why.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

The point though is the Koran burning offence "worse" than the poppy burning event, regardless of the fact that the koran burning incident falls foul of ths law on inciting religious hatred.

IMO both are equally bad, but what do you think?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If you really think its '30 radicals' youre naive or too far away.

Im talking about the poppy burners....

and as your link showed, 91% of muslims are loyal to Great Britain.

and far away dont cut it mate...theres muslims here as well as all the other European countries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here