Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Double standards over Koran Burning.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
elec_record_change.jpg
Seriously, why should the 'record' be changed , the longer clowns like you ignore and appease, the worse it will get, i cant wait to see your tuune being changed when it starts affecting you.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Seriously, why should the 'record' be changed , the longer clowns like you ignore and appease, the worse it will get, i cant wait to see your tuune being changed when it starts affecting you.

So people that don't hate muslims are clowns? Is it really the perceived double standards that is your gripe? I'd imagine that you have no problem with Koran burning.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
So people that don't hate muslims are clowns? Is it really the perceived double standards that is your gripe? I'd imagine that you have no problem with Koran burning.

Dont worry mate.... I love clowns! :)

Bushy has a point but it shouldnt be an anti-muslim one.... right point wrong target.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I dont hate muslims,common as mook and sully couldnt shoot seem ok, i hate the double standards that are so obviously being applied in this case, and i also have reservations about whether an observant muslim lifestyle is really compatible with a western one, but hate muslims ? no, despair of clowns who cant see whats really happening? absolutely.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I dont hate muslims,common as mook and sully couldnt shoot seem ok, i hate the double standards that are so obviously being applied in this case, and i also have reservations about whether an observant muslim lifestyle is really compatible with a western one, but hate muslims ? no, despair of clowns who cant see whats really happening? absolutely.

What's really happening? Please enlighten us.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
How does burning poppies equate to racial hatred?

exactly. I find both acts absolutely abbhorrent and BOTH should be treated equally.

However (until the law changes), the difference in this case is simple - burning a religious book is a deliberate act of inciting racial hatred, for which there is a law against. Burning a poppy (which I agree is both wrong and highly disrespectful) although inciting hatred towards war vets and a large proportion of the British public is not illegal as there is no criminal offence in offending joe public. As far as I am aware 'war vet' was not a choice for 'religion' on the last consensus and until it is, or until the law changes - burning a poppy will not be illegal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
exactly. I find both acts absolutely abbhorrent and BOTH should be treated equally.

However (until the law changes), the difference in this case is simple - burning a religious book is a deliberate act of inciting racial hatred, for which there is a law against. Burning a poppy (which I agree is both wrong and highly disrespectful) although inciting hatred towards war vets and a large proportion of the British public is not illegal as there is no criminal offence in offending joe public. As far as I am aware 'war vet' was not a choice for 'religion' on the last consensus and until it is, or until the law changes - burning a poppy will not be illegal.
Wise words.

Bushy, it's all very well you having a rant about double standards, but I reckon you need to learn to pick your fights properly. This one is absurd because in one case no laws are being broken whereas in the other they are. I'm not disputing they are both unpleasant, insensitive acts, but you need to be comparing like with like.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What's really happening? Please enlighten us.

Its easy.. We bomb and kill muslims on a daily basis,
and have done for several years now. Some are 'terrorists/insurgents'...
They would have been called 'The Resistance' in WW2.
Some are wedding parties.. ..
30 odd fringe muslims express outrage by burning poppies.
EDL and right wing media led propaganda, shows this to be a national outrage.
Therefore, you must hate all muslims, and understand that
they intend to kill you in your sleep if you dont convert, as their
aim is an Islamic State of Great Britain.

:cool:

Last edited:

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Some are wedding parties.. ..
30 odd fringe muslims express outrage by burning poppies.
EDL and right wing media led propaganda, shows this to be a national outrage.
Therefore, you must hate all muslims, and understand that
they intend to kill you in your sleep if you dont convert, as their
aim is an Islamic State of Great Britain.

:cool:

my god! I'll never sleep again. I knew those bastards were up to something.

(very good point about the resistance by the way!)

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

This is right. Techically buring the Koran would be inciting religious hatred as being muslim is not a race of people. It would almost impossible to prove that burning poppies was guilty of the same offence, depite IMO them being about equivalent in terms of incitement.

Personally I would get rid of the racial and religious hatred act and toughen up the laws on public disorder etc. That would give judges the ability to sentence appropriately to the offence.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don't think books should ever be burnt. Not even religious texts.

It gives a valuable insight into the type of fairy tales people would believe thousands of years ago...

oh.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
We also bombed serbian christians in support of muslims, but that didnt make me want to detonate bombs on buses in bradford in support of my co-religionists.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

From the 'Three Little Pigs' link: "Other recent rows have involved 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' being changed to 'Baa Baa rainbow sheep' "

It made me chuckle.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Wise words.

Bushy, it's all very well you having a rant about double standards, but I reckon you need to learn to pick your fights properly. This one is absurd because in one case no laws are being broken whereas in the other they are. I'm not disputing they are both unpleasant, insensitive acts, but you need to be comparing like with like.
They could have nicked the muslims for behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace, you know it, i know it, everybody on here knows it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
We are pandering to muslims and their demands for special treatment in virtually every area of national life, these are a few examples.

Swimmers are told to wear burkinis - Telegraph

Special treatment? Having separate sessions under religious grounds is hardly
special treatment...

The 'assumption' is that it is because of muslims? It says on religious grounds. Could have been Jews?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/toy-pig-pulled-from-farm-set-on-religious-grounds-2135467.html

Church school renames Three Little Pigs to avoid offending Muslims | Mail Online

Its the Daily Mail ffs and if a school does something like this, its hardly a national politique...

Its a school decision that even the muslim council finds bizarre

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here