Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Donny Rovers General Sale Tickets Online NOW**

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Just no pleasing some people. They moan when they can't get online and the system grinds to a halt, and then moan when it all goes smoothly ....

Ha ha very true!

Although I wasn't moaning, I was just pointing out what I had suspected all along.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can't agree with that. There are people coming from all over the world for it. Loads of people who don't even support Brighton want to go and more of the comps will be used than normal so less general sale tickets.

Well maybe, but it's not difficult to imagine a casual fan who might only be enticed by games against the 'big' teams (and Palace).

Anyway, it's now 12:30, were we expecting them to sell out in 2 hours 30 minutes?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can anyone help, I keep getting this message when booking online:

•A pre-requisite product must be purchased prior to being used to make a second purchase. Membership purchases may require approval before they may be used as a pre-requisite. You must have previously purchased the product '<<<pre_req>>>'. You will need to reallocate these items to another customer and update your basket.

Thanks

Get on the phone.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As I've said before, I think increasing the capacity too early would be a mistake.

Agreed but heaven forbid we get promoted this year, it would also be a mistake to miss the opportunity of having an additional 8,000 paying punters. Saying that, we could get permission for the seats this year and hold off until we need them (ie. when (IF) we get promoted), that would be the sensible thing to do.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Ha ha very true!

Although I wasn't moaning, I was just pointing out what I had suspected all along.

I understand where you're coming from, but I am not worried at all that people on the ball are getting the tickets within a few hours of them going on sale. There won't be many left come tomorrow morning in my opinion.

As Gripper stebson said, it's the number of season ticket holders not turning up to midweek or less "glamorous" games that is more of a worry. The success of the team on the pitch is vital to keeping the attendances as near as possible to maximum

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
Can anyone help, I keep getting this message when booking online:

•A pre-requisite product must be purchased prior to being used to make a second purchase. Membership purchases may require approval before they may be used as a pre-requisite. You must have previously purchased the product '<<<pre_req>>>'. You will need to reallocate these items to another customer and update your basket.

Thanks

Phone the ticket office.

It happened to me and originally I just thought sod it am not going to get there. However I eventually decided to phone them and after 1hr 58mins of queuing they sorted it out for me and booked me a ticket, great stuff. Literally just off phone to so still tickets in both areas btw.

However I couldn't get one for my wife as even though on my F&F she has no purchasing history. I only wan't to take her occasionally, babysitters are to much agro to sort out, so will have to buy my Gills ticket in her name.

General sale is a bit misleading... it's a shame they've done away with the colour coded membership system, although at least priority is based on loyalty rather than membership payments.

Would make it clearer if there were say two clearly defined tiers of non-STH though.

Erm. The colour coded system of years gone was only applicable to away games.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agreed but heaven forbid we get promoted this year, it would also be a mistake to miss the opportunity of having an additional 8,000 paying punters. Saying that, we could get permission for the seats this year and hold off until we need them (ie. when (IF) we get promoted), that would be the sensible thing to do.

True, and assuming we can do that with the planning permission, that would be the best way to go about it.

I just hope don't have a reasonable season this year, expand the stadium in the Summer, only to find a load of the JCL's etc have got a bit bored with it and not renewed, leaving us with 15,000 crowds in a 30,500 capacity stadium. That would be a nightmare, and in my view, is a real possibility.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Planning Permission is usually granted on the condition that the development is begun within 3 years, but the length of time given is now at the discretion of the Council.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Cant see that happening at all. Why would Leeds at home on a Friday night (and on the TV) be more popular than the first ever game at the new stadium after 14 years of waiting? Or Birmingham or West Ham? No way. Palace perhaps, and maybe if we are in with a chance of promotion the last few games, but the Doncaster game should be about as popular as they get.

As I've said before, I think increasing the capacity too early would be a mistake.

Pretty much agree. Maybe they will get planning permission but wait until the Premiership place has been secured before putting the full capacity in. Maybe do it in stages?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Strange as I know two people who registered through the ticket website and bought tickets 2 mins later for the Spurs game, having never previously been to a Brighton game or been on the system for any reason
Interesting. As you can see others have been getting the 'a pre-requisite product is required' message. Ah well, without wishing to sound callous or indifferent I've got mine so I no longer give a shit! :notverynicefanalert:

So is anyone else slightly concerned about how easy it is to get a ticket for this game, which is probably going to be the most popular game all season? Maybe we aren't going to be full every game after all?
'Concerned'? No, I'm pleased! Means it should be possible for us to get to other games.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I just hope don't have a reasonable season this year, expand the stadium in the Summer, only to find a load of the JCL's etc have got a bit bored with it and not renewed, leaving us with 15,000 crowds in a 30,500 capacity stadium. That would be a nightmare, and in my view, is a real possibility.

On the monthly direct debit, which most people are on, the club will know who has renewed by March(?), so they'll know the score well before the summer

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
To be honest I think I'd prefer a "finished" stadium, i.e. the back of the south stand and the south west corner to be completed, as well as the 2nd tier on the East stand put in rather than leave it still looking a bit like a building site. I realise it would then lead to a lot of empty seats in these areas but think I would choose this over the rough edges we currently have

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Rather the turning people away for not having a purchase history maybe the club should force such people to purchase a ticket for Gillingham at the same time.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Interesting. As you can see others have been getting the 'a pre-requisite product is required' message. Ah well, without wishing to sound callous or indifferent I've got mine so I no longer give a shit! :notverynicefanalert:

Haha - It must have been a loophole when the tickets first went on sale, that has now been closed

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
Rather the turning people away for not having a purchase history maybe the club should force such people to purchase a ticket for Gillingham at the same time.

Haha - It must have been a loophole when the tickets first went on sale, that has now been closed

Theres an error on the system which means some people are showing as no purchase history when clearly they have one. However for my wife, who genuinely doesn't have a purchase history I did ask if getting a Gills ticket for her would qualify but was told only for matches AFTER not before so hey ho, stay at home wifey look after the kids :)

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Theres an error on the system which means some people are showing as no purchase history when clearly they have one. However for my wife, who genuinely doesn't have a purchase history I did ask if getting a Gills ticket for her would qualify but was told only for matches AFTER not before so hey ho, stay at home wifey look after the kids :)

They probably don't have a purchase history in their online account. Who confirmed the system has an error ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here