Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny fan here

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I remember that game, with the bizarre sight of an Albion fan on top of a dug-out during the half-time protest...dark, dark days!

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Unbelievable! And, TBH, I dont care a monkey's who wins. There are some games I cant bare to lose (Leeds are the prime example) but this one has something far more important than the result... it is a reminder to all of us how far we have come and how close to disaster we were.
The game stands for everything... the result is meaningless in comparison.
Hope the good times can get even better for us both. See you in the Premiership!

Unbelievable! And, TBH, I dont care a monkey's who wins. There are some games I cant bare to lose (Leeds are the prime example) but this one has something far more important than the result... it is a reminder to all of us how far we have come and how close to disaster we were.
The game stands for everything... the result is meaningless in comparison.
Hope the good times can get even better for us both. See you in the Premiership!

Nice one Diar - a refreshing view..... even if I can't share the initial feeling of not caring about the result!

The Albion don't 'must win', but obviously I much want that they will.
A respectful regard for all visiting supporters will be quality too, this is an opening fixture that will see us hosting many home supporters who weren't regulars at Withdean. For everyone to mark this fantastic moment with top sporting attitude will underline everything rather nicely.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Really looking forward to welcome Donny at The Amex.

I was in the North Stand for that last game at The Goldstone.
My match ticket, football programme were mounted & in a frame in my spare room.
Don't worry I said to my wife, we will have a new ground in no time at all & vowed not to take the frame down until after we played our first game in a new stadium. 14 years later.....

I put the match ticket and my train ticket for that game (day return from Wigan) into my wallet and swore not to take either of them out until we'd got a new ground. They are still in my wallet....but not for long now!

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Possibly the result is more momentous for you than us. Put it this way... we're going to lose many games this season and still give a good account of ourselves. The first game is only the start.
For you, it is the beginning of a new era... like when we bear Huddersfield in the first game at the KM. It was very emotional.
Dont get me wrong... if we win I wont be disappointed. But if we lose, it wont be the end of the world and I can feel pleased for you lot, knowing how it must feel.
Call me a soft sod if you will... but I mean it.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
A marriage made in heaven - simply we love you Donny . a perfect and meaningful start at the AmEx - god bless the fixtues computer
less the fixu

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I bear no ill tidings towards Donny fans, they are among the best fans in the country, but this love in is making me choke on my prawn bagguette - I want to beat the prawn cocktail sauce out of them and skewer their goalkeeper over my BBQ.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
I never believed ni Jeuss Chriist until this fixuture was annonced - God bless you Jesus and the computor
Three points or zilch. this is perfect.

You could tried Bulldog in St James St, Kemptown. They are always very accommodating....(apparently!!)
I took a local girlfriend down there for the oft-postponed FA Cup replay with Peterborough in the 80s. We ordered the drinks then noticed a red telephone, illuminated batphone style, with a 'BRIGHTON GAY SWITCHBOARD' dymo label stuck on it!

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
I bear no ill tidings towards Donny fans, they are among the best fans in the country, but this love in is making me choke on my prawn bagguette - I want to beat the prawn cocktail sauce out of them and skewer their goalkeeper over my BBQ.

Yeah, I suppose it can get a bit overwhelming. Football is exciting because we all want to win. Having to play a club that we dont hate seems to suggest that we wont be as excited. For 90 minutes we will all be as partisan as ever (possibly without the aggresive chants aimed at the opposing fans) but we all have the consolation that, if we lose, there was always something bigger at stake... us fans are still here. Directors, managers and players come and go, but the individual supporter is there for life... and sometimes we have our day. This one is yours.
Sure I want the 3 points. Sure I want to show you how good we are after last season's near disaster. But I dont want to do any skewering with prawn cocktails... us northern boys love gravy, you know!

Yeah, I suppose it can get a bit overwhelming. Football is exciting because we all want to win. Having to play a club that we dont hate seems to suggest that we wont be as excited. For 90 minutes we will all be as partisan as ever (possibly without the aggresive chants aimed at the opposing fans) but we all have the consolation that, if we lose, there was always something bigger at stake... us fans are still here. Directors, managers and players come and go, but the individual supporter is there for life... and sometimes we have our day. This one is yours.
Sure I want the 3 points. Sure I want to show you how good we are after last season's near disaster. But I dont want to do any skewering with prawn cocktails... us northern boys love gravy, you know!

Prawns smothered in GRAVY??

Northern scum, that's culinary crime.

What next, caviar on your black pudding? I hope we make a cream sauce of your team on the 6th, with whipped potaters and saffron

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
You could always base yourself in Lewes. Great town and pubs (and brewery), 6 miles from the stadium.
Am i reading this correctly, are you suggesting this man stays in the shithole that delayed the Amex for a decade and spend money there?

Am i reading this correctly, are you suggesting this man stays in the shithole that delayed the Amex for a decade and spend money there?
Eh? For the MILLIONTH time ...

The good people of Lewes put together 5,000 signatures on a petition IN FAVOUR of the stadium ... in just one week. It was only a few members of the district council - mainly based in Peacehaven and Telscombe Cliffs, not Lewes town - who were against.

The good people of Lewes put together 5,000 signatures on a petition IN FAVOUR of the stadium ... in just one week. It was only a few members of the district council - mainly based in Peacehaven and Telscombe Cliffs, not Lewes town - who were against.

Not totally OT, but brackers - do or would you shop at Fresh/Forfars??
Out of interest like.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

Millionth time? you sure your not exagerating.
How many people live in Lewes, not counting yourself

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

Most of those signatures were not from lewes residents, but from shoppers from the surrounding areas

Most of those signatures were not from lewes residents, but from shoppers from the surrounding areas
Absolute rubbish! I was collecting signatures - including at the late night Christmas shopping event. Lewes residents overwhelmingly backed the stadium. This is also confirmed by the door-to-door canvassing that the Seagulls Party candidates and supporters did at the local elections.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here