Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny fan here

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Absolutely PERFECT opening fixture, exactly the team I wanted. I'm sure I speak for a whole LOAD of Brighton fans when I say that Donny hold a very special place in my heart, not just for being there on that rainy day way back when, but also for the conduct of everyone involved. The banner the players brought round before the game brought a lump to the throat.

While it might seem obvious that teams and fans felt for us and what we were going through, the two extremes will always live in my memory, and my feelings for the two clubs are indelibly marked.

Leyton Orient - (for pktdfc, who might not know) whose players shouted, swore and spat at us in the North, they will forever be lowlife in my eyes, courtesy of teh behaviour of Carl Griffiths, Scott McGleish, and Barry Hearn didn't do himself any favours post-match.

Doncaster meanwhile turned up with the banner. That was going above and beyond for me, and I will always have a very special place in my heart for them because of it.

I honestly couldn't think of a better team to welcome into our new home for opening day. If we could also have repeat of the result, maybe without the red cards, that would be absolutely spot on.
This saves me having to write it

Dubai rover

Jun 17, 2011
The Brighton & Hove Albion Album Archive pictures

I hope they can find this banner! :bowdown:

I hope someone still has that:
"Rovers are red, Brighton are blue, the FA loves 20 clubs, but we love all 92" banner as well.

Doubt we still have this but I am sure the vsc will try and make something up and just as fitting, does anyone have pics from when Donny/Brighton invaded the pitch together at Old Belle Vue?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just hope that Sky don't decide this is a tie worth making televised and putting it on Friday night, late on Saturday or Sunday. I want a Saturday 3pm KO.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
There not worth talking about no point to them DDR i laugh every time i see them around the keepmoat full of kids what could not punch there way out of a wet paper bag.

Exactly. Unfortunately, they are my overriding memory of your Club, having been with a friend and our young sons when they got attacked in the car park at your old ground. They soon ran off though when other Brighton fans came to see what all the fuss was about.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just hope that Sky don't decide this is a tie worth making televised and putting it on Friday night, late on Saturday or Sunday. I want a Saturday 3pm KO.

I don't think this one will be live on sky. More like West Ham / Cardiff but you never know.

River Don

Jun 17, 2011
Well it seems the fixtures computer is an old romantic, it's almost like someone has chosen it... Anyway, we're chuffed to bits with what is bound to be an emotional fixture.

I notice one or two disappointed posts on here, yes we're a small club from deepest South Yorkshire but we have a side who get the ball down and try to play football the right way. There's every chance this will be a cracking tie on the pitch as well as an emotional one in the stands.

I'm really looking forward to it. All the best.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well it seems the fixtures computer is an old romantic, it's almost like someone has chosen it... Anyway, we're chuffed to bits with what is bound to be an emotional fixture.

I notice one or two disappointed posts on here, yes we're a small club from deepest South Yorkshire but we have a side who get the ball down and try to play football the right way. There's every chance this will be a cracking tie on the pitch as well as an emotional one in the stands.

Majority of us want this one mate.

Oct 6, 2010
rovers_saluter.jpg

:bowdown:

Oct 25, 2003

no disappointment from me, just hope it isn't on sky

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You could always base yourself in Lewes. Great town and pubs (and brewery), 6 miles from the stadium.

This... Bonus of being just 1 stop away from The Amex on the train also!

But.... not if you want a late drink, some pubs do stay open till midnight though!

If you decide to stay in Lewes, pm me and i'll recommend the best pubs worth visiting. There isn't much choice for accommodation so book early. Either The White Hart Hotel (very central) or 5 mins walk to Shelley's Hotel or search out some B n B's that are local!
The Crown inn, The Kings Head and The Black Horse pubs all do B n B too.

Plenty of excellent pubs so just 2 mins walk from most pubs to the next 1 and plenty of restaurants to choose from!

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Wow a fixture i think many of us knew this was going to be the first 1 given our history with each other obviously i am not going to say good luck for this fixture but i will say good luck for rest of the season . Anyway i will be travelling down prob day before for this game is there any cheapish hotels and any good pubs you guys can recommend.

You'll get the warmest of welcomes, that's for sure after what our clubs have been through. I would think you'll sell your allocation.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

A perfect first game, most older BHA fans of the Goldstone era will be delighted to welcome you down to the Amex. Anyone would think the fixtures computer got a heart!!!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

No disappointment here either. It is the fixture that many have been craving ever since the planning permission was finally granted. It really is the ideal opener. Looking forward to it immensely.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

This is what footballs about, 14 years ago our ground was stolen from under our feet with false promises but the support and camaraderie between fans is unbeatable especially that of Donny in our hour of need. My only regret is that my Dad can't be with me on the day but I know he's looking down and will reiterate his words "Son We Will Get There" AND WE DID ! Hope you have a good time when you come down Donny but no nicking 3 points mind

River Don

Jun 17, 2011
To the Donny fans - what's your local brew?

The stadium will have Harvey's and Dark Star on tap, PLUS a beer from the area where the away team is from. So what is the local real ale of choice in Doncaster?

brewery bar

Right next to the new stadium, they open the brewery bar on match days. They even do an ale named Zigga-Zagga in honour of the mighty Rovers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here