Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Lovers - How long did your Dog live for ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Must say, it's nice having a pleasant thread, been very binfest heavy round this way lately.

FEEL the LOVE in the room Nibble. I would just like to say this

I LOVE you buddy !

Must say, it's nice having a pleasant thread, been very binfest heavy round this way lately.

What dogs have you had Nibble?

Mine were were heinz 57's, there was spaniel in there, whippet in there, lab in there and sometimes I would look at them and see purebred Alsation.

I do miss them.:down:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
He is still in training so I could teach him.. I would imagine loyalty would be his strong point regardless of who comes and goes :rave:

He only listens to me so I can feed him with more bullcrap than anything anyone could come up with on here :dunce:

29529f3d.jpg

I promised him a hundred virgin bitches if he could look elsewhere while I took this pic.

What a handsome dog. I had a brindle boxer many years ago, until he escaped from the house and got run over. I still think about him 30 years on, he was a really soppy mutt.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What dogs have you had Nibble?

Mine were were heinz 57's, there was spaniel in there, whippet in there, lab in there and sometimes I would look at them and see purebred Alsation.

I do miss them.:down:

A saluki and a Heinz with a chunk of Lab. Then a very handsome girl, Collie crossed with Staffy. She acted like a puppy all the time but was athletic. Well, she still is but doesn't live with me now. Miss them all too.

A saluki and a Heinz with a chunk of Lab. Then a very handsome girl, Collie crossed with Staffy. She acted like a puppy all the time but was athletic. Well, she still is but doesn't live with me now. Miss them all too.

What is a Saluki?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
What a handsome dog. I had a brindle boxer many years ago, until he escaped from the house and got run over. I still think about him 30 years on, he was a really soppy mutt.

Thanks, I'm sorry to hear about your bad news, I would be devastated if anything like that happened to Stitch. I do have to be careful because he will go after cats, if he sees them he will chase, not to be nasty, he just wants to play with them. I could do with some advice on how to put a stop to this chasing game? I'm having to keep him on a lead in places where I'd like to let him be free but I can't trust him anywhere near roads in case he spots a cat! It really is his only bad trait. He is as soppy as they come and I trust him implicitly around other dogs and children!

Thanks, I'm sorry to hear about your bad news, I would be devastated if anything like that happened to Stitch. I do have to be careful because he will go after cats, if he sees them he will chase, not to be nasty, he just wants to play with them. I could do with some advice on how to put a stop to this chasing game? I'm having to keep him on a lead in places where I'd like to let him be free but I can't trust him anywhere near roads in case he spots a cat! It really is his only bad trait. He is as soppy as they come and I trust him implicitly around other dogs and children!

Never, ever, let your dog off the lead while walking on a road.

A good mate used to do it and then one day a car sounded it's horn right next to them, startled the dog, dog went in road, car was coming.

Dog survived, just, but was never the same animal.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fine looking beast, sort of reminds me of a Wolfhound, only better looking.

I grew to love the look but to be honest at first I didn't like dogs this thin but she was a resue dog and came with the Heinz as a pair and we fell for them both. There was no way we could seperate them or leave them so along they both came. Sounds odd but I fell in love with their friendship and connection with each other. Bless them!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Never, ever, let your dog off the lead while walking on a road.

A good mate used to do it and then one day a car sounded it's horn right next to them, startled the dog, dog went in road, car was coming.

Dog survived, just, but was never the same animal.

I don't walk my dog off the lead on roads... If I am 200 yards from a road and he sees a cat he will chase the cat as far as he can see it. If that means running towards a road then he will go.... What I need to do is to regain the control of the down command which means that he drops like a stone when I give the shout. He used to do it but he has now realised that cats are much more fun.

Sorry for not explaining clearer mate.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't walk my dog off the lead on roads... If I am 200 yards from a road and he sees a cat he will chase the cat as far as he can see it. If that means running towards a road then he will go.... What I need to do is to regain the control of the down command which means that he drops like a stone when I give the shout. He used to do it but he has now realised that cats are much more fun.

Sorry for not explaining clearer mate.
My goldie, (the cyclist not the footie fan) is a killing machine.

He's a lumbering uncoordinated oaf, he's legs flail all over the place when he running.
That is until he sees a 'kill'.
He drops down, and literally pulls the ground from under him, he's like a missile.

He once took down a rabbit in the middle of an open field from over 500yds away, an amazing chase.
He brought it back to me, dropped it at my feet then pretty much past out for 15 minutes.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's amazing the amount of women that get chatting to me when Im walking my mate's Staffordshire bull terrier around Crawley about the dog. She's only about a year old, very well behaved and she whines when she sees other dogs in a really cute way. I'm tempted to get one similar but have a couple of cats at the moment and they're enough!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My boy did manage to embarrass me bigtime a few months ago.. As we were walking alongside the river near Tesco's, Lewes, a very fit looking young lady was walking towards us in a very tight pair of jeans that just happened to be brilliant white in colour, until Stitch decided to try to lick her face, leaving two great big muddy paw marks, one on each thigh... I hope her intended date saw the funny side, I didn't at the time, and neither did she. Fecker.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I have come to dog ownership rather late in life but am the lucky owner of an 8 year old blue roan cocker spaniel called Ellie, who's a complete fruit cake. When I'm at home, she follows me everywhere, even to the loo, and simply loves being in the garden. She also snoozes every morning under the duvet (she insists on coming upstairs with us at around 0430), obsesses over the oddest things such as the hairdryer, my cycle helmet and the printer and carries her pet toy snuggle chum with her wherever she goes.

The attached was taken 2 years ago but she hasn't changed much since then. If only more people had the qualities and attributes of the average dog, the world be a much better place.

North Stand Chat

Attachments

• DSC00039.JPG
    DSC00039.JPG
    448.9 KB · Views: 26

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
What I need to do is to regain the control of the down command which means that he drops like a stone when I give the shout. He used to do it but he has now realised that cats are much more fun.

Bag of treats should do the trick, every time he responds to the down command give him a small treat from your pocket. After a while he'll get used to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here