Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Lovers - How long did your Dog live for ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
sorry, not funny. it depends on the breed of dog. Bigger dogs generally live for a shorter time.

That is true that is why my lump of a dog at 14 is a good result. I will be in pieces when he has to go.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Both my older dogs slept downstairs together but they were always with each other, Socks was on her own so she came upstairs. I do miss 'em!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As you should. Not having kids so can say I love dogs more without feeling too guilty :D

I have no kids mate and at 50 now am highly unlikely to ever do. Being a Dad has passed me by, not mean't to be and I would have loved to have been a Dad and reckon I would have been a great Dad so Harry is my kid. Some people may think this is sad but he has been a complete and utter joy for 14 years and we have been through a lot of shit together. Ok, he had no choice but our bond is incredible.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
We've had 2 cross border collies.

First one crossed with a Rottweiller lived to 12. Felt like I'd lost a leg when she died.

Current crossed with a German Shepherd at 8. Love her just as much as the previous one.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'm convinced that Stitch can tell the time. He wakes up between 06.39 - 06.43 every morning, shakes the sleep slugs from his eyes and then licks my face to tell me to get my fat lazy arse from my pit and take him out! No matter what time he gets his last walk of the night he will still be up between these times. I have no idea how he does this:shrug:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have no kids mate and at 50 now am highly unlikely to ever do. Being a Dad has passed me by, not mean't to be and I would have loved to have been a Dad and reckon I would have been a great Dad so Harry is my kid. Some people may think this is sad but he has been a complete and utter joy for 14 years and we have been through a lot of shit together. Ok, he had no choice but our bond is incredible.

Have never wanted kids for various reasons. I'm 35 and while relatively young will not change my mind despite everyone, I mean EVERYONE telling me I will want them someday. I avoid the conversation now. Much happier with dogs and that's whay I'm keen to have another one in my life as soon as.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Have never wanted kids for various reasons. I'm 35 and while relatively young will not change my mind despite everyone, I mean EVERYONE telling me I will want them someday. I avoid the conversation now. Much happier with dogs and that's whay I'm keen to have another one in my life as soon as.

I thought that mate until all my mates had kids and seeing what that has brought into their lives makes me think I missed out. Still it is what it is is. I will never father a child I think so the 14 years I have had with my mate has mean't the World to me. You are still young though so there may he some little Nibbles running around one day. NEVER say NEVER.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm convinced that Stitch can tell the time. He wakes up between 06.39 - 06.43 every morning, shakes the sleep slugs from his eyes and then licks my face to tell me to get my fat lazy arse from my pit and take him out! No matter what time he gets his last walk of the night he will still be up between these times. I have no idea how he does this:shrug:

By 7am Harry wants a piss and tells me in no uncertain terms.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought that mate until all my mates had kids and seeing what that has brought into their lives makes me think I missed out. Still it is what it is is. I will never father a child I think so the 14 years I have had with my mate has mean't the World to me. You are still young though so there may he some little Nibbles running around one day. NEVER say NEVER.

Sticking with the dogs but early days.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sticking with the dogs but early days.

Ok mate. I thought that at 35 and did not think it at 45. BTW what is Les Biehn up to ?. I miss the bloke.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
My Dog loves his life with me. He has been treated really well with loads of love and I think that makes a big difference. Here's to another couple of happy years together.

Amen to that. Our cat, that we got from a rescue home last year, is 14 (she is registered with the same vet's she has been with since a kitten). She's just amazing, mine and my partners baby. Hope she lives as long as possible, the idea of losing her (even after just less than a year) frightens me silly.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Amen to that. Our cat, that we got from a rescue home last year, is 14 (she is registered with the same vet's she has been with since a kitten). She's just amazing, mine and my partners baby. Hope she lives as long as possible, the idea of losing her (even after just less than a year) frightens me silly.

I am sure Harry would have given up the Ghost a few years ago without the love I gave him. As it is he is 14 and still going strong.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
With Harry I have to push his arse up the stairs every night as he has bad arthritis and could fall back down and then lift him onto the bed and the sofa but sometimes I do wonder if he is just being a lazy f*** as he knows I will do it.

we had to do the same as he moaned if left downstairs but he doesn't mind now.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ok mate. I thought that at 35 and did not think it at 45. BTW what is Les Biehn up to ?. I miss the bloke.

I have him in the lab while i figure out how he can bear my children! He's fine mate, saw him this very weekend!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
We are considering giving Stitch one opportunity to be a stud before we have him snipped. He is of a very good pedigree and as you can see a bit of a hunk as Boxers go. His vet thinks that he is worth breeding before we stop his future fun and games.

Therefore, if anyone knows of a suitable female Boxer that anyone wants to breed then PM me? I do not want to bring any unwanted puppies into this world and would line up any potential homes before breeding.

Cheers

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have him in the lab while i figure out how he can bear my children! He's fine mate, saw him this very weekend!

Pass on my regards. I LOVE Les Biehn !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Must say, it's nice having a pleasant thread, been very binfest heavy round this way lately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here