Does Lomdon Irish get on your wick

Well, does he?

• Yeah, annoys me

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • No, he's ok

Votes: 71 65.1%

• Total voters

Albion Rob

We all have our differences with each other. Very few people are easy-going enough to get along with literally everyone they meet.

But sometimes peoplem rub each other up the wrong way to such an extent that you have to ask whether it is even worth them acknowledging each other's existence at all.

I have noticed that, of late, LI has become a byword for patronising and sanctimonious posts, to the extent that some posters have been heard to say in private: "Well, the thread was going OK but then he just LI'd me and I couldn't be bothered to respond."

The shift has seen our friend from north of the Emerald Isle marginalised by some to the extent that he is reduced to reassuring people that nobody is out to get them when he is clearly the one being attacked.

Now, is this just playground bullying by certain members or does LI truly rub people up the wrong way?

Thoughts?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes, his patronising attitude does get a bit tedious, the man seems to have no sense of humour.

What would NSC be without opinions? LI may be more opinionated than most, and many may disagree with him, but doesn't that make the board more interesting?

Albion Rob

Dick Knights Mum said:
I don't understand the flack he gets. And to have a go is becoming the sport for NSC.

Sounds crazy but it is a bit of a new fad. I don't ever remember it being this bad in the days of Dave the Eagle et al.

Maybe as the site has grown it is only natural that things should get more heated but there has definitely been a shift in the past 18 months.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
bhaexpress said:
Yes, his patronising attitude does get a bit tedious, the man seems to have no sense of humour.

I have to agree with this, its the patronising and constant sarcasm that gets on my nerves.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
No doubt he'll be off to the loo to rub one out when he sees he's got his very own thread.

Last edited:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
First and Foremost, LI posts mainly on the topic of BHA for that alone he dosen't get on my nerves & his arguments are normally backed up by examples.

I don't always agree with LI, I have my own opinions about the club. There are though, certain members who would disagree with anything LI said just because its his opinion on BHA. This as DKM said is the new NSC sport putting one over on someone rather than debating the issue at hand.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Hannibal smith said:
First and Foremost, LI posts mainly on the topic of BHA for that alone he dosen't get on my nerves & his arguments are normally backed up by examples.

I don't always agree with LI, I have my own opinions about the club. There are though, certain members who would disagree with anything LI said just because its his opinion on BHA. This as DKM said is the new NSC sport putting one over on someone rather than debating the issue at hand.

sorry the top part of your post is crap. he posts on everything not just bha topics.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Hannibal smith said:
There are though, certain members who would disagree with anything LI said just because its his opinion on BHA. This as DKM said is the new NSC sport putting one over on someone rather than debating the issue at hand.

You talk as if LI never tries to put one over on someone, when that's exactly what he tries to do with 90% of his posts. But I love him all the same. I think he's great.

:thumbsup: :love: :thumbsup:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Most of what he says is about the club , often very opinionated, but usually articulate. Surely that's the point of a place like this. Preferable to constant moaning or deliberate wind-ups I'd say, which seems to be the number one topic for a lot of people.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
caz99 said:
sorry the top part of your post is crap. he posts on everything not just bha topics.

Disagree. The same suspects inhabit the BHA threads. LI, The Auditor, Uncle Buck. Whilst we all post on other things, they post predominately about Brighton, not about what they had for tea.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
The Laughing Bluebird said:
You talk as if LI never tries to put one over on someone, when that's exactly what he tries to do with 90% of his posts. But I love him all the same. I think he's great.

:thumbsup: :love: :thumbsup:

Well no your right there! He does try to put one over on other people but I genuinely think it is his opinion. Sometimes I get the feeling the others disagree with his just for the sake of it.

LI has made a sport out of making people feel small. Perhpas this is the payback. Persoanlly, I believe that if this means reading 2 pages of a Mccammon thread of insults being thrown at each other then I for one can't be arsed. An argument on whether Mccammon is a donkey or not is what we are here for.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Hannibal smith said:
LI has made a sport out of making people feel small. Perhpas this is the payback. Persoanlly, I believe that if this means reading 2 pages of a Mccammon thread of insults being thrown at each other then I for one can't be arsed. An argument on whether Mccammon is a donkey or not is what we are here for.

That is it making people feel small, then when it gets thrown back you get sarky comments. I am sure he will be commenting later about everyone elses persecution complex's.

However as Trigger said he is probably creaming himself over the fact there is a thread dedicated to him. Creamy mash tonight then.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He dosent bother me at all. Ive never once thought he gets on my wick.
Perhaps im not as sensetive as others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here