Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does it make you racist if..................

Oct 25, 2003
i think it all depends on context

screaming "you f***ing black ****" in a black persons face is clearly expressing yourself in a racist manner

simply calling someone black= not racist

at uni i was friends with a black bloke, we'd use "racial banter" towards each other all the time, it was fine because we were mates and didn't mean any harm by it

if i used the same language in an aggressive manner to a stranger then i'd definitely be behaving in a racist way

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
i think it all depends on context

screaming "you f***ing black ****" in a black persons face is clearly expressing yourself in a racist manner

simply calling someone black= not racistat uni i was friends with a black bloke, we'd use "racial banter" towards each other all the time, it was fine because we were mates and didn't mean any harm by it

if i used the same language in an aggressive manner to a stranger then i'd definitely be behaving in a racist way
the very fact you are actually posting this proves how ridiculously tied up some white people get on race issues.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
no it's not, because it is racist. The word in the England was only ever used to insult people. Be they Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi or whatever. It's an aggressive word. Maybe it isn't elsewhere. In Britain it is.

great post

dear oh dear , it's an abbreviation ................... is there a problem ?

This is just a ridiculous reply

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Racism

The problem with racism is that people are scared of being labelled racist by politically correct, holier than thou, pious do gooders who make an unrealistic standard that no one can really keep up, thus applying pressure on people to behave outstide of their natural instincts, which becomes impossible.

Most people are not racist but most people are scarred of what they do not understand, change and are seduced by misplaced nationalistic tubthumping! This in turn can lead to racism and in some cases the uncontrolled hatred of the far right.

The inadvertent use of an percieved racist word does not make one racist it just makes one angry, irrational or out of control.

One of my friends who is from an ethnic minority has used the word Pa*i yet is she racist, even though she is from a racial group that has been racially oppressed and setrotyped in the past?

The turth is we are all made of the same stuff but we are also flawed and we should not berate ourselves to much for being human and flawed.

Once work does not make you racist as does one violent action not make you violent.

200 years from now we will all be coffee coloured and no one will care anymore.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
The problem with racism is that people are scared of being labelled racist by politically correct, holier than thou, pious do gooders who make an unrealistic standard that no one can really keep up, thus applying pressure on people to behave outstide of their natural instincts, which becomes impossible.

Most people are not racist but most people are scarred of what they do not understand, change and are seduced by misplaced nationalistic tubthumping! This in turn can lead to racism and in some cases the uncontrolled hatred of the far right.

The inadvertent use of an percieved racist word does not make one racist it just makes one angry, irrational or out of control.

One of my friends who is from an ethnic minority has used the word Pa*i yet is she racist, even though she is from a racial group that has been racially oppressed and setrotyped in the past?

The turth is we are all made of the same stuff but we are also flawed and we should not berate ourselves to much for being human and flawed.

Once work does not make you racist as does one violent action not make you violent.

global warming eh :D

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I haven't been abroad enough to tell, but if someone shouted it at me with venom then I'd probably take offence at

Yes me too, i would say "excuse me but i'm fuckin English actually"it.
It is pathetic, how could i possibly be offended if I was called white, it is a statement of fact. Society in general these days is very emotionally fragile and weak.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I think the problem with racism is the victimising of people because of their race.

Believe it or not, people from ethnic minorities can be racist too.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Unlikely............the Suarez affair indicates the darker browns will still be offended by the lighter browns...........if they use derogatory terms. In 200 years the word bourneville will be outlawed and BHA fans will be indignant that their racist forefathers used to enjoy a confectionery that was so heinously named. By this time people will not call each other "mate" this will be replaced by the word ****** and some will argue about who is a true ****** or a JCL ******..................although neither will confess to being a bourneville.

On the other hand Brazil indicates what a few hundred years of the melting pot could look like..........a rich and very pale upper/political class.........the workers are anything from as black as Newgate's knocker to a heavy taupe. Brazil's rich upper class racing drivers are white, their footballers are not...........at least we have bucked the racing drivers trend!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
don't like aussies and they are white and speak english,what am i ???

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Unlikely............the Suarez affair indicates the darker browns will still be offended by the lighter browns...........if they use derogatory terms. In 200 years the word bourneville will be outlawed and BHA fans will be indignant that their racist forefathers used to enjoy a confectionery that was so heinously named. By this time people will not call each other "mate" this will be replaced by the word ****** and some will argue about who is a true ****** or a JCL ******..................although neither will confess to being a bourneville.

On the other hand Brazil indicates what a few hundred years of the melting pot could look like..........a rich and very pale upper/political class.........the workers are anything from as black as Newgate's knocker to a heavy taupe. Brazil's rich upper class racing drivers are white, their footballers are not...........at least we have bucked the racing drivers trend!
plenty of brazilian footballers have been white.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Seems like an attempt to 'cloud' the issue here... nobody is going to be calling anybody racist for calling somebody who is black...black... Thats what racists WANT you to be believe.

Im still waiting to see WHY people want to use racist language...If youre in 'doubt' about a word or context...why persue it?

If you want to call somebody a nxxxxr...I know plenty of black people you can call nxxxxxxr...if you have a big enough pair.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
no it's not, because it is racist. The word in the England was only ever used to insult people. Be they Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi or whatever. It's an aggressive word. Maybe it isn't elsewhere. In Britain it is.

Can you please tell me how Pakistan is a race then ? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here