Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does it make you racist if..................

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Are you talking about aboriginals or the convicts deposited there? I would have thought the aborignals in Australia were the true Australian race.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can you please tell me how Pakistan is a race then ? :)

The word "paki" is often a racist term because it is usually used to refer to someone based on their ethnicity/skin colour, rather than their country of origin.

i.e. 99.99% of the time, someone saying "Have you seen those pakis that have moved in over the road?" would have no idea whether those people are pakistani, indian, sri lankan, bangladeshi, etc. It's plain ignorant, and makes people look THICK and BACKWARDS.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
The word "paki" is often a racist term because it is usually used to refer to someone based on their ethnicity/skin colour, rather than their country of origin.

i.e. 99.99% of the time, someone saying "Have you seen those pakis that have moved in over the road?" would have no idea whether those people are pakistani, indian, sri lankan, bangladeshi, etc. It's plain ignorant, and makes people look THICK and BACKWARDS.
This :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008

all down to opinions .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Good point. They`re wogs till you know their nationality not Paki`s.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
all down to opinions .

How's what I put "down to opinions"? Most people who use the word "paki" don't usually know whether the person they're referring to is Pakistani, or Indian, or Sri lankan, do they?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i'm a f***ing racist,amazing!

don't like cornish pasties either,f*** me i'm a food racist!

By the dictionary definition, if you don't like people PURELY based on their ethnicity/place of origin, then yes, course that's what racist is.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
hate is a very strong word,it could only be applied to someone who has harmed you or someone close to you,that's pure hatred

whereas just disliking a group of people for a general reason,would surely mean the whole world is racist

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I met a bloke the other day who told me that his sister had gone to England and taught in a rough school in East London and had a bad experience with some of the students and parents so she, and he hated the Poms. He was looking at me as if I had to defend my nation or some how explain or justify the behaviour of my fellow Brits. I told him that to write off a nation of 60 million because she had met and had problems with a few of them was frankly stupid as all groups of people have their scumbags. Don't think I did anything to help with his dislike of the British.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here