Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does it make you racist if..................

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not a matter of being offended on somebody elses behalf at all....I just dont understand the reason that anybody would want to use racist language in the first place, and thats not a matter of being 'tree hugging', or 'politically correct', I just dont understand why anybody would unless it was in fact to offend. Nobody here would call a black peson they are not familier with a ****** to their face, as they know the chances are they will get a beating. If you think it makes you look good usging the term when no black people are about.. good for you.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
A lot of children find the only way they can respond is to mimic. I presume you find that a lot in the playground?

Is that the best you can do? Deary me. It's little wonder you started such a clueless thread, but I've no doubt you'll bludgeon on regardless.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think the OP made up his own conclusions on his question a long time ago and just started this thread to peddle these conclusions and deride people who disagree with them. Rather different from actually being interested in people's thoughts.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Why is it bollocks?
Do you think brits are liked in all countries or something,you must be very naive as i can assure you brits are not liked by a large portion of countries.

For starters it's ABSOLUTE bollocks because you say that 'most countries' don't like the British, how do YOU know this?! You have just made it up to suit your own theory, you have know real knowledge of this have you?!

Perhaps to prove me wrong you might want to provide a list of countries that 'don't like us', the reasons for that and, of course, to verify all this, some idea of the people of these countries that you personally have spoken to that enabled you to appreciate this widespread hatred?!

Oh and as there are just under 200 official recognised countries in the world I suggest you provide the above information for, say, 101 of them?

Finally, and frankly, from the tone of your post, you appear to be about 13 years old - so calling ME naive is hilarious!!!

Jan 30, 2008
For starters it's ABSOLUTE bollocks because you say that 'most countries' don't like the British, how do YOU know this?! You have just made it up to suit your own theory, you have know real knowledge of this have you?!

Perhaps to prove me wrong you might want to provide a list of countries that 'don't like us', the reasons for that and, of course, to verify all this, some idea of the people of these countries that you personally have spoken to that enabled you to appreciate this widespread hatred?!

Oh and as there are just under 200 official recognised countries in the world I suggest you provide the above information for, say, 101 of them?

Finally, and frankly, from the tone of your post, you appear to be about 13 years old - so calling ME naive is hilarious!!!

maybe it goes back to the "empire" days mate , they didn't like it up em :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is racist if you are Saurez or similar and make reference to Evra but not if you are Evra and make similar reference to Saurez! I thought that one of the bad points of yesterday was the constant abuse and booing aimed at Saurez.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Really pisses me off when people say that 'Paki' is racist. It's just like calling us a Brit. It's quite pathetic.

no it's not, because it is racist. The word in the England was only ever used to insult people. Be they Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi or whatever. It's an aggressive word. Maybe it isn't elsewhere. In Britain it is.

Jan 30, 2008
It is racist if you are Saurez or similar and make reference to Evra but not if you are Evra and make similar reference to Saurez! I thought that one of the bad points of yesterday was the constant abuse and booing aimed at Saurez.
surley racist behavior in itself , hope none of them were NSC faces ???

Jan 30, 2008
no it's not, because it is racist. The word in the England was only ever used to insult people. Be they Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi or whatever. It's an aggressive word. Maybe it isn't elsewhere. In Britain it is.
dear oh dear , it's an abbreviation ................... is there a problem ?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
dear oh dear , it's an abbreviation ................... is there a problem ?

dear oh dear, it could be a f***ing acronym, it's still a racist expression in the UK. I'm aware of your abbreviation argument, that's what I was originally replying too. Nice spin, but doesn't hide where the word comes from and why it was/is used in England.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Slightly surprised and depressed by a few comments on this thread. I know I've been away from Britain for a couple of years - but has it really become this fractured? Are my British Indian, British African, British Jamaican friends any less British?
People classing themselves as " British Indian, British African, British Jamaican " contributes to a fractured society.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't be depressed, you just need to brush up on your arithmatic.

If your friends are defining themselves as having a dual nationalities (e.g. British/Indian) then they will logically be 50% less British than someone who defines themselves singularly as British.

Its like supporting a football team isn't it...............you cant truly support two or more, and if you do, then you cant support one team 100%.
Shhhh ! you're not supposed to mention this.

Jan 30, 2008
dear oh dear, it could be a f***ing acronym, it's still a racist expression in the UK. I'm aware of your abbreviation argument, that's what I was originally replying too. Nice spin, but doesn't hide where the word comes from and why it was/is used in England.
no spin at all , no different to scots being called jocks or welsh being called taffys ???

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Well done DR and bushy, you've brought a discussion on race down to the level of "Blur v Oasis? you can't like both!"

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Well done DR and bushy, you've brought a discussion on race down to the level of "Blur v Oasis? you can't like both!"
no , it's you who is being simplistic, nationality and loyalty are what defines a country, a far more complex issue than you are trying to make it, you just dont like hearing the unpalatable truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here