Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does it make you racist if..................

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
I bet they do in other countrys shout that at brits,i bet that wouldn't be racist in most countries anyway mmmm.

Have you got actual experience of that or any friends etc.?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What part of silent MAJORITY passed you by? It's not a minority at all.

I've lived in 5 different countries and never been called a f***ing Englishman or Brit

Last edited:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Most countries tend to dis-like us brits and who could blame them.I,ve seen it many times and im sure many on here have.

I'm not sure what your argument is? Because we get abuse in other countries it's ok for us to abuse others? Or simply that I'm wrong and we do get called "F***ing Brits" in other countries?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm not sure what your argument is? Because we get abuse in other countries it's ok for us to abuse others? Or simply that I'm wrong and we do get called "F***ing Brits" in other countries?
Its not right for anyone to abuse anyone in that way,but generally us brits have a diffrent personallity to many of our foreign counterparts and thats why we don't get offended as much.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Not matter what context a word like ni**er , pa*i is racist...

So what about when a black person says it to another black person. Are they being racist, should they be punished? Just been watching an episode of The Wire where it is used about 30 times.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I got called a white c*nt outside a nightclub by a black geezer in south London for talking to his beautiful Beyonce lookalike girlfriend. If I'd responded by saying something like "f*** off, you rubber-lipped rude boy" I probably would have got slashed with a broken bottle or knife.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
So what about when a black person says it to another black person. Are they being racist, should they be punished? Just been watching an episode of The Wire where it is used about 30 times.

I often wondered this... but hearing a phone in debate on LBC talk radio several black people called in with an explanation and said that this was the black people trying to RECLAIM a word that has always generally owned and used derogatorily towards black people...

Several black people also called in and found the word offensive even when called it by a black person due to the negative conotations and shackles of negative use thoughout history of this word...

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Most countries tend to dis-like us brits and who could blame them.I,ve seen it many times and im sure many on here have.

Thats interesting. I regard myself as pretty well travelled and cannot say i have ever found this to be true. At all. In the sightest.

I wonder why your experience is so different from mine.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Thats interesting. I regard myself as pretty well travelled and cannot say i have ever found this to be true. At all. In the sightest.

I wonder why your experience is so different from mine.
Probably because you are either an old fart or you go to respectable places,must say you,ve done well considering.
What countries are you talking about as certain countries like the far east you won't get many problems,i found the italians to be a right pain,i was getting a tram in a remote part of sardinia and got called a "english cu*t"by the tram guard:D
Of cause i find that hilarious but doubt they would if it was the otherway round.

And i don't have an atittude problem:)

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
What part of silent MAJORITY passed you by? It's not a minority at all.

I've lived in 5 different countries and never been called a f***ing Englishman or Brit

So true - I've been discriminated against because I'm not a local (ie. charged a fraction more for services etc.) but in 7 years in Asia I've never been blamed or 'called out' derogatorily on the basis of skin colour/heritage.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Paki isn't in and of itself racist, however it's become racist because the context associated with its use has tended to be a racist one. For example people rarely shout "You f***ing Brit" at me on the street.

Its become a racist term because of its use in race hate crime I guess, where as "Aussie" for example is still in its banter stage I suppose.

If you started a chant at England v Pakistan with the word Paki in it you would probably get arrested, whereas you start the same chant at England v Australia substituting Aussie for Paki into it everbody would join in and have a good laugh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really pisses me off when people say that 'Paki' is racist. It's just like calling us a Brit. It's quite pathetic.

It's all about context. No one has used 'Brit' to insult a British person as far as I'm aware, however since those of Asian origin have settled on our shores, 'Paki' has always been a derogatory term used for anyone from Asia. It is inherently racist.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Slightly surprised and depressed by a few comments on this thread. I know I've been away from Britain for a couple of years - but has it really become this fractured? Are my British Indian, British African, British Jamaican friends any less British?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here