Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone think we might be close to a revolution?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
well spotted but i dont think you will get very far,he has told porkies on here already,the truth doesnt seem to bother him

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
so communism believes we should have the right to decide what we do with our minds?
Does communism encourage abolishing passports and accepting its a no-ones land and that we should share everything we produce with anyone.
Does Communism encourage no leaders but a voice of millions? Nope it dosen't so stop being a prick and get off my case or even better do some voluntry work.

at best you sound like Adrian Mole, at worst you sound like life is going to deal you a rather disappointing hand dear boy. Anyway, who paid for the technology you are using now? It was boffins getting paid who created many of the things your generation takes for granted. You can use your mind anyway you want to, as you mature you will realise that. Young uns have been predicting a revolution since the 50's, all the same ideas your mind is brimming over with have been though of a million times before. In my day it was hedge monkeys with dreadlocks doing a year in Goa then returning to Tooting, trading their sandals and hemp clothing in for a donkey jacket, go and live in a squat 3 roads away from Mum's house and listen to Neds Atomic Dustbin before showering, growing the f*** up, earning some money and enjoyingh life a bit more.

Stop getting pierced, nobody's listening.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
378499_329594020400119_147386228620900_1330459_661613413_n.jpg

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I was tempted to point out as well that the flaw in his belief that Empiricism is the ultimate truth is that it kind of rubbishes his bold assertions about history but he's talking bollocks anyway so I decided just to leave it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But if people knew how to look and stand up for themslves then whats there to be scared of? just because your crappy scared generation can't do it dosen't mean us can't. We are the kids of the 80's, we are the indigo Children, we are the ones who scared the governments the most we are the future. We are the youth.
All we want is to be wild again, no laws, rules and order just freedom to live how you'd want to. If you struggle then you'll have to learn to be nice.

communism can't work because its based on law. A Eutopia isn't. How you can even put Communism and a eutopia in the same bracket shows your out of the box thinking. Another 1950's colouring in book arguing with me! when will this stop!!!

ps and you'll still try and argue that

But when no laws exist people do what they want? Fine if you are a peaceloving fella with a head full of magic and unicorns. What about rapists and theives and those who wish ill to others or do they not fit into your magic world?

Good spot Joey D's suit. I'd not bothered reading any more of his posts so had not noticed that little gem.

18 and so experienced already in the world to tell all we 50 year olds, who have possibly been around the block a few more times than he has, have possibly experienced a bit more life than he has and who have almost certainly spoken to more johhny foreigners than he has that we have got it ALL so wrong.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well Falmer's made me chuckle. There's a big real world out there, one day I repeat one day he'll find himself a big grown up person in it and then he may look back and realize what a pillock he is.

In answer to the actual question posed by the thread about being close to a revolution, I think we are really, really close to one just up the road.

Surely everyone in Croydon is already revolting?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The level of immiseration you have is nothing like it was in the '30's and that didn't change the country, not basically.

You didn't even get a Labour government in till '45.

Sep 28, 2011
If I may pop my two cents in...

I genuinely believe we could be. When the riots first started on the Saturday up in Tottenham, I remember watching it on the tele, seeing the demonstrators pounding the Police with all sorts of weaponry, and sat there - as bad as it sounds - getting a touch excited, thinking we could be about to see things take off to show those who oppress the youngsters and working classes in this country that we've had enough. Had they (the Police) killed someone with those rubber bullets, I do think all Hell would have broken loose.
Instead, sadly, but yet a damming showing of this country's attitudes, it just turned to yoofs and chavs trying to fulfill their materialistic lusts and take all they can, destroying their communities in the process. By the end the ***** didn't care who they hurt, only caring about the PS3 they picked up.

But, certainly around my way, there is a tension bubbling under. People, particularly my age - late teens - are sick of being oppressed - no jobs, higher taxes, no banks giving loans to allow us to start up (own homes, cars etc), police treating us like muck.

I do genuinely believe it could take one little incident, one flashpoint, and the frustration and anger will come out. I just hope to f***ing God it doesn't turn into the same thieving little shits trying to line their pockets as happened in August, if there is another set of demo's in this country, that it MEANS something.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Oh look, the other one!
getting-stoned.gif

Pray tell, what do you have against people working 9-5?

contemplate for yourself why someone else should tell you when to work, what to do, when to play, and when to eat.......come to your own conclusions.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
contemplate for yourself why someone else should tell you when to work, what to do, when to play, and when to eat.......come to your own conclusions.

Thought about it... It's because that person has had the drive and ambition to set up their own business, something I am yet to have managed. I'm glad they did to be honest. I work 9-5.30, earn reasonable money, own a nice flat, go on nice holidays and have travelled loads, get 27 days holiday a year, have a half decent pension and I don't hate going to work every day.

What, exactly is so bad about that, and what am I supposed to be complaining about?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

So you would rather live in a world with no education, manufacturing, finance etc as all these things rely on people working together not when they like. I have come to my own conclusion - you're barking.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I genuinely believe we could be. When the riots first started on the Saturday up in Tottenham, I remember watching it on the tele, seeing the demonstrators pounding the Police with all sorts of weaponry, and sat there - as bad as it sounds - getting a touch excited, thinking we could be about to see things take off to show those who oppress the youngsters and working classes in this country that we've had enough. Had they (the Police) killed someone with those rubber bullets, I do think all Hell would have broken loose.
Instead, sadly, but yet a damming showing of this country's attitudes, it just turned to yoofs and chavs trying to fulfill their materialistic lusts and take all they can, destroying their communities in the process. By the end the ***** didn't care who they hurt, only caring about the PS3 they picked up.

But, certainly around my way, there is a tension bubbling under. People, particularly my age - late teens - are sick of being oppressed - no jobs, higher taxes, no banks giving loans to allow us to start up (own homes, cars etc), police treating us like muck.

I do genuinely believe it could take one little incident, one flashpoint, and the frustration and anger will come out. I just hope to f***ing God it doesn't turn into the same thieving little shits trying to line their pockets as happened in August, if there is another set of demo's in this country, that it MEANS something.

Don't worry teenagers always feel like that and always have. You'll grow out of it.

Cameron is apparently taking a bold protective and demanding stance in EU treaty meetings, to the point of being regarded as a revolter himself.

Now, what this might mean, is that he knows that Britain acceding anything to the EEC treaty will risk us falling over a precipice that the UK are already hanging over (which has not been broadcast but who knows at the moment?), or .....that he is leaning toward Britain withdrawing from the Common Market altogether.
His record so far suggests that he's not letting things be by sitting back and letting things just happen - and I don't think he has that luxury either in this present climate.

The malcontents in Britain are often those who have not worked, do not pull their weight, live off the system and are upset to see that possibility recede, or have lost their jobs.
I can only really sympathize with the latter group. The blaming of immigrants has surely to be seen as dodgy ground now that Britons have migrated away too - and it's a grey area for racists to occupy anyway - and not many want to mix with them in the 21st century surely.

Maybe Britain revolting from the faltering EEC will distract our own union from the dangers of home turmoil.

Perhaps it's time Britain became Rule Britannia again and stood firmer than the flawed people we've allowed to sway our resolve - get away from the proven failures of US war-games and attempts to make small countries obey their will, and not be in a union that allows member 'organs' to lie about their condition and infect the whole body.

You've never been in one I guess. They are fun, I was in Trafalgar Square for the poll tax, and I have also been present at a few others - often after punk gigs (mainly Conflict of course) but they are definately not the precursor to revolution. Most people who rioted in those days, and those who rioted recently, went home afterwards turned on their tellys and had something to eat. Then they went to bed and slept in a nice warm bed. Those are not the catalysts that lead to revolution I assure you.

Take away the food for a week and you will see real violence in the streets but all the authorities would need to do to stop any rioting would be to give out free food on the 3rd day. You will all take it, go home and switch on the playstation - I promise you.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... Had they (the Police) killed someone with those rubber bullets, I do think all Hell would have broken loose.
[...]People, particularly my age - late teens - are sick of being oppressed - no jobs, higher taxes, no banks giving loans to allow us to start up (own homes, cars etc), police treating us like muck.

firstly, what plastic bullets? bit of false memory starting there.

this tells us alot about our current society and how far we are from revolution when people thinkg they are being oppressed due to lack of jobs, high taxes and no bank loans to buy houses and cars. we had a flash point right there in Tottenham, you dont even mention the original cause (ppolice shooting a local chap), it was all about the violent consumerism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here