Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Docaster to 'sue us' over tackle?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry,it was Doncaster we played.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sue for making a tackle? What will it be next, sue the linesman for not calling offside?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Jesus...

I think he'd have an excellent case. The Lewis Dunk calamity was just plain assault. Duncan Ferguson did time for an on pitch misdemeanour surely this constitutes the same thing. It was pre-meditated assault, no question whatsoever.

What a prune.

The return leg should be spicy.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Think someone had a few too many 'guest ales'...

"It's entirely possible that Billy was targeted at half time for rough treatment.Who knows what went on in their dressing room. Brighton were being outplayed and needed something to change the game. It's strange that this happened early in the second half with us still on top. The tackle was not in a dangerous area of the pitch and Billy was facing away from the goal and hey presto a vicious nasty foul changes the couse of the match."

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
"To put a different slant on all this, what would folk say if Poyet ( " win at all costs" ) actually told his hatchet men to go out and noble Billy or we are going to loose our opening game. Don`t forget the ridiculous hype that the BBC accorded this game. I share JR`s sense of grievence.
The FA needs to examine how other sports deal with thuggery, rugby union and league are extreme contact sports but they are governed by a proper regulatory body."

Jesus :facepalm:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Presumably we'd issue a counter claim for 2 of their tackles which were much worse. ???

Just ridiculous. I wonder if any fuss would have been made if they'd won.

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
what twats! saying it was an assault that tackle on barnes was far worse. oh well i suppose they need an excuse for when they fail to reach the 40 points mark this season

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
This is truly pathetic it could easily of been one of our players with the tackles they were putting in but no we were fortunate and they were not, time to get over it and move on instead of using it as an excuse for the rest of the season.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
To be fair, most of the reasonable Donny fans on that site are laughing at the over reaction to all this. In fact they are slating their manager for even contemplating the idea.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
to be fair only half are talking sht but the ones who are it is a bit embarrassing to say the least.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Chippy was sued by another player (Casper?)when he played for Cardiff and settled out of court. As far as I can remember it was because his career was finished rather than ankle ligaments which will heal in a couple of months.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Didn't KLL go off injured after a series of assaults on him by DRFC players? No doubt they will tell us he wasn't targeted.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
For those Donny fans actually agreeing with this, I have one statement for you: have a word with yourselves.

How pathetic. Utterly pathetic.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You expect some ill-informed comments on a football forum from supporters, but not from the Chairman of the club.

John Ryan is looking a huge embarrassment to Doncaster Rovers and their more sensible fans.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
"It was pre-meditated assault"

I did actually suggest - at the time - that in the first half we were physically dominated by Doncaster, and it was possible that we had adapted a new gameplan of 'getting stuck in a bit more' especially to stop their key players in the second half - especially Sharp who had been a threat in the first half - from playing.

To those who have said 'Lewis is not that type of player', may I point out this is completely irrelevant. The tackle was a really bad one, regardless of his age/experience, and he was very lucky to stay on the pitch. And - as a point of order - he has received three yellow cards from his first four games this season. I'm sure people were saying Lee Bowyer or Nigel de Jong are not those types of players too when they were younger, but I digress.

It is one thing saying it is an awful tackle and a whole other trying to PROVE that it was - quote - "pre-meditated" and frankly Donny should just let the matter rest. I got no end of stick for my comments before - comments which I still believe are plausible - but this potential civil litigation implies that the conclusion at Doncaster is far more sinister and frankly are quite disappointing from a club I have a lot of time for.

There is no precedent for this - nothing will come of it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
comical and a joke, shirley? looking forward to one of his players being sued for a injury-incuring challenge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here