Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Docaster to 'sue us' over tackle?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
There's times when I see threads like that on NSC and I find it very embarrassing. It's good to see it happens else where.

I've watched that tackle again and again and while it was a foul it really isn't anywhere near as vicious as they are making out. It's pathetic of them, they need to take a long hard look at themselves. Bad tackles happen in football all the time. Has anybody got a clip they can post?

Also, wasn't chippy sued for breaking someone's leg once? Or am I making at up?

Donny would be laughed out of court/any tribunal I should think.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's times when I see threads like that on NSC and I find it very embarrassing. It's good to see it happens else where.

I've watched that tackle again and again and while it was a foul it really isn't anywhere near as vicious as they are making out. It's pathetic of them, they need to take a long hard look at themselves. Bad tackles happen in football all the time. Has anybody got a clip they can post?

Also, wasn't chippy sued for breaking someone's leg once? Or am I making at up?

Donny would be laughed out of court/any tribunal I should think.

There's a photo which proves it was a one footed tackle.

I mentioned Chippy earlier in the thread. I know it was a Reading player when Chippy played for Cardiff but can't remember his full name - it was something like Casper.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I did actually suggest - at the time - that in the first half we were physically dominated by Doncaster, and it was possible that we had adapted a new gameplan of 'getting stuck in a bit more' especially to stop their key players in the second half - especially Sharp who had been a threat in the first half - from playing.

and since then you've over-egged the pudding with your wind-up threads and people have sussed you out. I thought you were serious at the time but its clear it's an act, your adoption of a contrary persona who does a nice line in dogmatism just for shits and giggles.

I'm not sure what Ryan hopes to achieve by this. His stock in football circles has dropped considerably. Is he also going to sue the ref for not doing his job in protecting players if he thinks it was assault? Obviously I disagree but the reaction of the other Donny players suggested they didn't think it was malicious and what about the physio who dragged Sharp to his feet? Is he going to be disciplined too?

I bet Ryan hasn't ...and never will approach legal advice over this.

Haydn-4

May 4, 2008
The Lab.
I think Poyet is very quick to condemn any of these kind of tactics that are employed against us, I don't think the man is a hypocrite.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
FFS Its hard to believe some of those comments are for real. Unfortunately I feel a lot of it has to do with the assistance manager, Richard O'Kelly, who in the heat of the moment made out that Dunk meant to end Billy Sharp's career. Yes we know it wasnt a good challenge and Dunk was rightly booked. It's also unfortunate that BS got injured but Dunk clearly didn't go out to cause injury. It wasn't a 'two footed assult'. Donny fans just need to get over it and move on.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
their Chairman should be ashamed of himself - he is close to getting himself an incitement charge from the league the way he is stirring up hatred towards Dunk.

hopefully by the time we go up there he will have calmed down

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair, I thought most of the comments about the idea of sueing were sensible enough. I do think they're demonising Dunk, though - yes, it was a bad tackle, mis-timed, and in this day an age, yes, a yellow card offence. But, a tackle is not judged on the outcome - which in this case was unfortunate for Billy Sharp and Doncaster. Players have had their legs broken in perfectly fair tackles before now, and others have got up and walked away from far more vicious ones than Dunk's.
Song deliberately stamping on Joey Barton was, in my opinion, a far worse offence - it was deliberate for a start. But Joey Barton's noy out injured for weeks - so should they have let Song off? No, of course not. Of course, you could perhaps put up a moral argument for stamping on Joey Barton..............................

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
their Chairman should be ashamed of himself - he is close to getting himself an incitement charge from the league the way he is stirring up hatred towards Dunk.

hopefully by the time we go up there he will have calmed down

Agreed. Dunk is 19 years old. He's hardly Ron Chopper Harris. The hate campaign against Dunk is the most shameful part of this sorry episode. I lost a lot of respect for Donny Rovers because of that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's something about this that makes me think of the ridiculous argument that "they" are 'trying to sanitise the game', that 'it's a contact sport' and players should 'man up' that often come out when bad tackles are made.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There's something about this that makes me think of the ridiculous argument that "they" are 'trying to sanitise the game', that 'it's a contact sport' and players should 'man up' that often come out when bad tackles are made by our players.

Fixed

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
The biggest load of tosh I have ever heard. The tackle was a little careless but the ref was watching and gave a yellow. Even O'Driscoll said it was only worth a yellow.
What is this world coming to?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Agreed. Dunk is 19 years old. He's hardly Ron Chopper Harris. The hate campaign against Dunk is the most shameful part of this sorry episode. I lost a lot of respect for Donny Rovers because of that.

Spot on. A 19 year old kid starting his first championship game got a challenge wrong. If we'd had someone go out to 'get him' then it would have been Greer who had two reds last year for violent conduct. Poyet would never go out and ask a player to do that though. Far too against his principals.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
There's no reason why this tackle should be singled out. It wasn't great of course, but by no means terrible, and there are hundreds of others which have been way worse ( Gillingham v Vincelot for instance ). Says more about this Ryan guy than anything else.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Jesus let it go doncaster it is getting embarrassing!!!

Luckily we have Tony bloom who is not so self indulgent that he feels the need to make such ridiculous statements

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that Donny are sitting at the foot of the the table with zero points wouldn't have kranked up this hate campaign against Dunk would it?

Ryan should stick to cosmetic surgery

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

a) It is the same with every team. It isn't just some among our fans who trot those lines out when our player does a bad tackle, fulham fans use it when their player does one, macclesfield fans use it when one of theirs commits a bad challenge
b) I find those arguments are also trotted out by neutrals of a certain school of football, anyone looking for an excuse to moan at the ref, ex-professional from the old school on tv

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here