Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Docaster to 'sue us' over tackle?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think this is the picture and clearly shows one foot behind Dunk whilst the other makes the tackle.
dunk.jpg

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What a complete bag of shite. Shirley it's gotta be some piss-poor attempt at a wind-up?? ???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To be fair, most of the reasonable Donny fans on that site are laughing at the over reaction to all this. In fact they are slating their manager for even contemplating the idea.

This. Unfortunately, just as there are unreasonable fans on the Donny site supporting their Chairman, equally there are some dumb albion fans here who have bitten!!!!!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It was a badly mistimed tackle by a young lad in the biggest game of his life. I don't believe for a second that he had any intention to hurt Billy Sharp, not a second. The reaction has been the biggest pile of sour grapes I have ever seen. Pathetic.

Oh, and regarding the Lewis Dunk, dirty bastard jibes. Yes, he's been booked three times in four games:

1. A now notorious tackle on Sir Billy of Doncaster.
2. A nothing foul against Gillingham. I can only assume it was for persistent fouling or just another petty decision by a ref who booked nine players on the night yet failed to send off a Gillingham player for that ridiculous challenge near the end.
3. A handball.

Hardly Charles Manson if you ask me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unbelievable. Such an average challenge as well. Mistimed, yes, but that was about the only bad thing about it. At least 4 worse challenges in that game alone. Really embarrassing from Doncaster, making themselves look really stupid.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Personally, I don't think it was that bad a tackle. When you look at the Eduardo, Ramsey, Diaby, Haaland, LuaLua injuries it was just mistimes, not malicious.

Personally, I'm not an exponent of the "not that kind of player" logic, however, I don't believe it was deliberate or pre-meditated. We lost Lua Lua for the whole of last season, did we sue Hartlepool? No.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If we play Devil's Advocate then as far as I can see Ryan has two chances to win: either by proving malicious intent or that Dunk was negligent. Excuse the pun but surely Ryan hasn't a leg to stand on in court with either. Negligence is nigh on impossible to prove at the best of times (even when the defender admits to doing it in a book - Keane/Haaland anyone?).

In a lot of ways the negligence charge would have a much worse effect on Dunk and football in general. The idea that you can sue a 19 year old kid because he hasn't perfected his tackling game really doesn't bear thinking about.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just read the whole thread..o deary me..thy havent got over 'Lionels' tackle...seem ot hav forgotten there players tackle on Barnes..and whats this about Mason..didnt his leg make contact with Calderons head!..Geez

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wasn't even a red card - I thought the ref got it right. Pathetic either way really.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just read the whole thread..o deary me..thy havent got over 'Lionels' tackle...seem ot hav forgotten there players tackle on Barnes..and whats this about Mason..didnt his leg make contact with Calderons head!..Geez

That was Hayter not Mason.

Mason apparently got injured in their next match and according to press up there, Ryan is considering suing on behalf of him too.

He really is making Doncaster look a 'tinpot' club. Sad state of affairs for some of their supporters.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd be quite embarrassed if I was DRFC fan, in fact I'd be f***ing mortified at the thought of one of our players suing another because of a minor injury. Clearly Sharpe is still waiting for his balls to drop and needs to man up. I thought we were supposed to be the poofs? Grow some balls Sharpe ffs-you are setting yourself up for some 'reet piss taking' from your opponents. For the return game we're thinking of letting Greer loose on you-make sure you have plenty of Andrex 'cos you'll be shitting yourself for 90 minutes.

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
We all need to be a little calmer here. !. The PFA & the Club who holds a players registration jointly cover a players career. If they are found to be unable to resume a professional career, a scale of compensation is applied to cover the loss of a players 'Career' time possiblilties. i.e paid out a fair chunk dependent on their potential future and current wage till about 33. The only way Mr BS (short for Bull *** T) to win in a court of law is to prove DELIBERATE & PREMEDITATIVE intent. Goood luck Bull***t Billy and Bull***t Donny fans who are wholly ignorant of the law!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That was Hayter not Mason.

Mason apparently got injured in their next match and according to press up there, Ryan is considering suing on behalf of him too.

He really is making Doncaster look a 'tinpot' club. Sad state of affairs for some of their supporters.

Ah....sorry i forgot..poor by me as it was close by :(

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Completely absurd.

Let's just consider this case actually going to court for a minute. The whole of FOOTBALL will be backing Dunk, as this could cause a landslide of cases going to court all over the World. No legal case would change football more since Bosman.

This was a foul, and a yellow, but no more. If the resultant injury means that there is a genuine case of a claim, even without any hint of malicious intent then every injury would see a court case.

When someone falls down injured, without a challenge, because their studs got caught on the turf .... will the groundsman be up in court?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here