Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Docaster to 'sue us' over tackle?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It won't happen in a million years.

If in some bizarre parallel universe they were to successfully sue Lewis Dunk and/or the Albion for a tackle that, while not great, you'd see in half the games you watched this season, then football would utterly implode. Imagine all the legal cases that might be in the pipeline following that precedent.

By playing a game of football, by definition you consent to a reasonable level of force being used against you (ie if someone kicked you as you walked down the street it would be an assault, but if they end up kicking you as a result of an attempted tackle in a game of football it generally won't). It's quite rare for a successful legal action (I mean civil action, not a criminal case like Chris Kamara v Jim Melrose) in a football context, and those that have succeeded have generally involved players whose careers have been ended as a result. Not missed six weeks with a bit of a sprained ankle.

Sharp and Doncaster really want to grow a pair and move on. Something tells me Ryan is merely trying to deflect attention away from Doncaster's dreadful start to the season, and keep the heat off himself and his manager.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wonder is there anything going on at Doncaster that would cause the fans to be questioning the owner?
Usually that's what lies behind this kind of hysterical shrieking.
But I dunno, maybe their owner is just an idiot. Or maybe this is bollocks, there's no link in that Doncaster post and I don't care enough to look.

But what a load of shite.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sharp and Doncaster really want to grow a pair and move on. Something tells me Ryan is merely trying to deflect attention away from Doncaster's dreadful start to the season, and keep the heat off himself and his manager.

That's it, in a nutshell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here