Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do you feel sorry for Steve Kean?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Strange decision when appointed but clearly there are some serious issues that are more ingrain at the club than just the managing of it.

As stated I think Blackburn may well collapse like a pack of cards to the lower divisions.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
When Jack Walker died he made sure the club were looked after financially with the running of the club put into a trust. Trouble is the money now required to stay in the premier league meant the trust could no longer offer the club the future financial security it needed They tried hard for years to find a new owner that buy and invest in the club and secure its Premier league future. Many potential investors came and went, but none were deemed 'fit and proper' enough to be trusted with taking over the club. Strange that they eventually went with a chicken farmer family from India for £23million! I guess either there was no other comparable offers and the money was running out, but surprise surprise the investment promised has not materialised. In fact all the investors have done is mortgaged the club against all of this years sky TV money. So basically Barclays own the club now. I believe the club was sold with over 50 acres of freehold land that was valued at £65 million - sounds familiar? Surprised the fans are not aiming more of their frustrations at the owners, I know I would.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very true that Jack Walker put his lifes money into that club yet they just spunked it

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surprised the fans are not aiming more of their frustrations at the owners, I know I would.

Which is the main point. When we were faced with a similar situation all the protests were against Archer and Bellotti, not Brady, Case and Gritt. I don't understand the torrent of bile directed against Kean who may not be the best of managers but, quite honestly, I don't think Mourinho would be doing very much better with the players he has, the injury list he's had and the lack of investment in the club - they've also had the rough edge of some poor decisions.

Yes, another manager might have a few more points but I reckon they'd still be bottom three. It's bizarre behaviour by the fans.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Steve Kean's agent is Jerome Anderson who just so happens to be the advisor for Venkys. During the summer Kean signed one Myles Anderson from a Scottish reserve team as one for the future. Myles is Jerome's son.

I think Blackburn's fans have every right to take the action they are taking as there is something definitely not right going on there and from what I can gather the manager is every much a problem as the owners.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I can only think Kean is seen by the fans as part of the new owners so he is getting the flack. I reckon the owners invested with good intent, but they were soon totally out of their depth with running a British football club. A lesson to be learned when selling out to foreign investors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here