Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do you feel sorry for Steve Kean?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
After seeing his MOTD interview it looks like he was about to cry.

Maybe somone can send him a hug for christmas???

At the end of the day he just isn't a very good manager but no need for the abuse he is getting. Very unfair

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
After seeing his MOTD interview it looks like he was about to cry.

Maybe somone can send him a hug for christmas???

At the end of the day he just isn't a very good manager but no need for the abuse he is getting. Very unfair

I agree, the abuse is ridiculous especially as he didn't exactly go looking for the job, he was given it after a spell as 'caretaker' and sadly people fail to recognise that.

Steve Kean is however no different from many Premier---- Managers and has an impossible task given he has no funds to improve the squad etc

Sad but true, it is why other prospective managers now try to get some sort of agreement covering precisely that point.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I struggle to see what more a manager could do with the side though, their fans seem to clearly have a delusional sense to them. Look at the promoted sides, QPR spent money, and Norwich and Swansea may well sink like a stone ala Blackpool, Hull etc and others have done.
I'd say Bolton have a better squad, and Owen Coyle's getting very little stick in comparison, if any whatsoever. They are a poor premiership side, with little firepower and IMO only one solid player, Paul Robinson. Poor old Steve Kean seemed to be promised the world, not long ago they were linked with Ronaldinho when the Venkis (sp?) took over, another false set of promises.

I feel sorry for him, and respect him massively for sticking with it to fight for his job.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I feel sorry for him, but he is crap. Even in interviews he is clueless but what is he supposed to do? Quit and never get a job again or wait until he is pushed and get a nice pay day? For the shit he has received from his own fan's he deserves to be compensated

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
who do blackburn fans think they are? shit small town that has punched above its weight for years. 6 points next year :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he's taken what he expected to be a good job but found it to be a long shity stick, and too pround to quit. feel a bit sorry, and think the blackburn fans should cut him some slack - if he quit, would his assistant (Paul Clement, previously assistant under Ancelloti at Chelsea) do any better? because i dont see anyone else picking up the stick.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don't feel sorry for him has such, he clearly isnt up to the job

Although the abuse he is getting is well OTT it is expected if you put yourself in a big job with big wages and don't do very well.

Don't blame him for not quitting though, can't see clubs lining up for his services so would imagine he is going to milk Blackburn for wages and severance rather than walk away with f*** all... And so he should as they haven't supported him in the transfer market.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I agree, the abuse is ridiculous especially as he didn't exactly go looking for the job, he was given it after a spell as 'caretaker' and sadly people fail to recognise that.

Steve Kean is however no different from many Premier---- Managers and has an impossible task given he has no funds to improve the squad etc

Sad but true, it is why other prospective managers now try to get some sort of agreement covering precisely that point.

actually he engineered the sacking of sam allardyce to get the job. the only reason he is sticking about is to get sacked so he gets his payoff

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I don't feel sorry for him, as he could walk away, but won't because that would mean he won't get his pay-off.

I'm not sure how you can feel sorry for someone who's managing a football team in the most watched league in
the World, its not as if he's picking up litter on the side of the M25.

When he finally gets sacked I'm sure everyone including Steve Keane will feel relieved, there's no coming back from
this

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
As we all know, it's a results driven business. He is not getting the results, therefore no I don't feel sorry for him. I understand he has had little money to spend but (and i'm sure i'll be corrected here) I believe Tony Mowbray spent NOTHING in the summer and look where Boro are in the table!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is a whispering campaign that a certain club from Lancashire is being used as a front for Glaswegian gangsters' money-laundering, and that its current manager is in cahoots with the mysterious villains behind the throne.

I don't feel sorry for him has such, he clearly isnt up to the job

Although the abuse he is getting is well OTT it is expected if you put yourself in a big job with big wages and don't do very well.

Don't blame him for not quitting though, can't see clubs lining up for his services so would imagine he is going to milk Blackburn for wages and severance rather than walk away with f*** all... And so he should as they haven't supported him in the transfer market.

Maybe the club has no choice but to ask a loyal servant to try to maintain their existence, and save them hiring a (expensive, contract demanding) big-name manager. Then, he's doing all he can to serve that club and hope not to let the league force them into administration.
Disparity in football? This is the Premier League - look at Manchester's clubs, Chelsea's mafia billionaire, and look at the hope-and-prayer clubs in the game. If a Hereford, for example, played great football skill and got to the top division - they'd probably stand a good chance of going out of business the way things lean against such clubs.

Blackburn have had many seasons in the top league now, but someone has not kept the business prospering.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have no great feelings either way for Blackburn, I don't think Kean is a good manager (although by all acounts he's a good coach) .... but no-one deserves to get the kind of abuse he was getting on Tues, anybody would think he was a paedophile or something. I don't care how much you love your club and are aggreived about what's happening to it, that is out of order.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There is a whispering campaign that a certain club from Lancashire is being used as a front for Glaswegian gangsters' money-laundering, and that its current manager is in cahoots with the mysterious villains behind the throne.

Whispering? Wasn't it quite widely floating around on Twitter two days ago that Rovers were being looked at for money laundering offences?

As a human being, it makes me uncomfortable to watch 20,000 people hurling abuse at one bloke like that. Then again, his drink driving case (where he didn't even have the balls to admit it despite the obvious evidence against him) offended me slightly. Nothing to do with his current situation of course but it makes me somewhat less sympathetic to him as a man.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I struggle to see what more a manager could do with the side though, their fans seem to clearly have a delusional sense to them. Look at the promoted sides, QPR spent money, and Norwich and Swansea may well sink like a stone ala Blackpool, Hull etc and others have done.
I'd say Bolton have a better squad, and Owen Coyle's getting very little stick in comparison, if any whatsoever. They are a poor premiership side, with little firepower and IMO only one solid player, Paul Robinson. Poor old Steve Kean seemed to be promised the world, not long ago they were linked with Ronaldinho when the Venkis (sp?) took over, another false set of promises.

I feel sorry for him, and respect him massively for sticking with it to fight for his job.
I feel a little bit sorry for him, but "sticking with it to fight for his job" ? sticking with it so they have to pay his contract up when they sack him more like, same as all these under pressure "i'm no quitter" managers :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whispering? Wasn't it quite widely floating around on Twitter two days ago that Rovers were being looked at for money laundering offences?

Sorry, I was quoting from a local fanzine up here that came out about three weeks ago.

No one deserves that type of abuse for what ultimately is just a game, possibly not even Craig Pawson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here