Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do/did you fancy a teacher?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
_wilka_ said:
Someone mentioned people fancied Mr Foster?!?!? Do you mean the weak German teacher who could never control his class?

Nah, the humanities Mr Foster. Flash git who though he was the bollox, then went to work in Texas or something like that.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Gwylan said:
Nah, we had very few female teachers at Varndean and those that were there were ancient, aged about 40 at least :)

In my final year, there was a biology teacher whom one of my mates had a big crush on - he even sent her a valentine's card - but I could never see the attraction. She ended up marrying the RE teacher.

As for PE teachers being gay; no chance. We'd probably have preferred that to the lot that we did have, all of whom seemed to have been rejected by the SS for being too sadistic.

Varndeanians stink!
Dorothy Stringer rules ok!

*sprint*

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
Varndeanians stink!
Dorothy Stringer rules ok!

*sprint*

''Run from the Stringer, you always run from the Stringer.''

Varndean INDEED.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
''Run from the Stringer, you always run from the Stringer.''

Varndean INDEED.

They chased me down Ditchling Road with eggs. My heart has rarely raced so fast, nor my feet show me the meaning of haste.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
_wilka_ said:
Good old Downlands!

Mr Martin is openly gay these days I belive. He was a great teacher though and his lessons were always a good laugh.

Someone mentioned people fancied Mr Foster?!?!? Do you mean the weak German teacher who could never control his class?

There was only one good looking teacher when I was there and I think she was called Mrs Harding! EDIT EDIT EDIT! I've got that horrible wrong actually! She was the annoying geography teacher! Can't remember the name of who I meant!

Anyone remember Mr Hall? :censored: :censored: :censored:

I hated (and still hate) that man! :censored: :censored: :censored:

You mean Miss Harling? I liked Mr Foster, even if he let people get away with a lot. One of the better teachers there.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Repugnant Toad said:
You mean Miss Harling? I liked Mr Foster, even if he let people get away with a lot. One of the better teachers there.

Thats the one!

:clap2:

Mr Foster was a really nice guy but thats where his weakness lied!

Someone started a small fire on there desk once in his class and got away it because he is so weak.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Strike said:
Only Holy Trinity (where my brothers go to and where my mum was educated). I was educated in Burgess Hill.

Did your mum fancy Mr West ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
edna krabappel said:
Heh heh, Kinkygerbil & Repugnant Toad, I've just realised where you went to school...

Miss Weller :lolol:
Mrs Hetherton :lolol:
Mrs Black :lolol:

Not much talent at that particular establishment I can tell you, although I seem to remember a few of the girls in my time shone something of a torch for Mr Foster, who taught Humanities if I remember correctly.

Also, can I just ask you lads, is it standard procedure for all teachers with moustaches and/or PE teachers to instantly be branded "gay" for life by hordes of pubescent schoolboys, or was that just my school?
Me too, and I wouldn't have minded a go on Miss Jones, the French / German teacher.

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Repugnant Toad said:

Harling teaches at Bhasvic now and she married Mr. Whitmore.

Foster was a good teacher but couldn't control his classes, I hardly did any work in German but I still managed to get a C :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Talking of Miss Weller, was she the ugliest thing you've ever seen? Certainly up there.

I've never laughed as much as the day she came up the corridor with a curly perm effort on her head. The whole class was pissing themselves for the whole double period. Top notch.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Albion Edd said:
Harling teaches at Bhasvic now and she married Mr. Whitmore.

Foster was a good teacher but couldn't control his classes, I hardly did any work in German but I still managed to get a C :)

I swear you could pass your spoken exam without knowing a word of the language - you'd just sit there looking blank until he took pity on you and gave you the first part of the sentence. You'd say that then wait for him to give you the rest. Top man, though. Mr Hall was also a true legend.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mr Hall was maths and computer studies. He seemed alright to me - certainly not legend status though.

Mr Alexander and Mr Wilson were proper legends. :bowdown:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Simster said:
Mr Hall was maths and computer studies. He seemed alright to me - certainly not legend status though.

Mr Alexander and Mr Wilson were proper legends. :bowdown:

This is fast turning into a Downlands School thread!

Mr Alexander was the History teacher who supported Stoke right? He was class. Spent most of his lessons talking about football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here