Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disabled Season Ticket Prices

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Disabled fans can sit anywhere in the stadium

Wheelchair user are limited as they cannot climb steps so the club has provided sections at the front of all it's home stands for wheelchair users, they have also reserved seats in the row behind for the wheelchair user to have 4 friends or family members sitting close by for company.

(QUOTE]

My brother in law is registered disabled on the higher rate DLA and as such in the past he has bought a season ticket at a discounted rate quite comfortably out of his benefit. I have paid the appropriate rate for my ticket also; however this season the club have told me that he has now to pay full price and as such I as his carer get my ticket free so we have paid half each for the West Stand Lower and both saved money in one of thje dearer areas of the ground. For my part I say well done to the club for becoming more professional in their approach to our future life at The Amex.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wheelchair user are limited as they cannot climb steps so the club has provided sections at the front of all it's home stands for wheelchair users.

On a general point, it's that sort of thinking that pisses many disabled football fans off.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
On a general point, it's that sort of thinking that pisses many disabled football fans off.

What sort of thinking?

They have made space available along the touchline for wheelchairs, they have not put in seats where they could have due to the acknowledgement that wheelchair users will want to sit with the fans rather than in their own little corner or under the safety tower like they do at Withdean. Anyone who has seen the plans knows that these supports are very much a part of the stand rather then a segregated section. I'm struggling to think what other provisions they could have made for wheelchair users

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Disabled fans can sit anywhere in the stadium

Wheelchair user are limited as they cannot climb steps so the club has provided sections at the front of all it's home stands for wheelchair users, they have also reserved seats in the row behind for the wheelchair user to have 4 friends or family members sitting close by for company.

(QUOTE]

My brother in law is registered disabled on the higher rate DLA and as such in the past he has bought a season ticket at a discounted rate quite comfortably out of his benefit. I have paid the appropriate rate for my ticket also; however this season the club have told me that he has now to pay full price and as such I as his carer get my ticket free so we have paid half each for the West Stand Lower and both saved money in one of thje dearer areas of the ground. For my part I say well done to the club for becoming more professional in their approach to our future life at The Amex.

The scheme at the amex treats everybody as equals as best as it can however those who are in need of a carer get a better deal as they get a free place for a carer whereas at Withdean the had to pay for a carer.

I'm glad Bensgrandad is able to come as a carer and is nice enough to split the cost with his brother for the full price ticket, i'm sure the scheme is intended to benefit those who couldn't watch the game without such support as well as benefitng the carers many who have been paying for tickets for a number of years.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
The ignorance of some people is beyond belief. The same ignorance displayed by one person employed at the Season ticket presentations who told me that there were no areas for ambulent disabled supporters, but then had to admit that he didn't know what ambulent disabled actualy meant. I am not whinging. I just want to be able to enjoy my favourite pastime (of about 38 years) in a safe environment where I will not be hurt. By that, I mean somewhere that gives me legroom for me to stretch my legs and room behind me so that other supporters do not use my shoulders as a lever to jump over me when we score. I'm going to be sitting in the South west corner near the away fans. my only problem with that is I will have to remember I am sitting with my Dad & not use bad language!

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
You can't have a rant on here and then not back it up with anything. How would you of done it????

With the greatest respect, a rant this is not.

Furthermore such a conversation is only constructive if those in the fortunate position of being able bodied, respect those who are not.

The whole idea of this thread and other current ones, is to address the fact that the club has 'overlooked' some issues relating to disabled issues, and needs to be reminded of their importance for all to enjoy the Falmer experience.

The whole idea of marches and petitions was that Falmer is for all!

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
The ignorance of some people is beyond belief. The same ignorance displayed by one person employed at the Season ticket presentations who told me that there were no areas for ambulent disabled supporters, but then had to admit that he didn't know what ambulent disabled actualy meant. I am not whinging. I just want to be able to enjoy my favourite pastime (of about 38 years) in a safe environment where I will not be hurt. By that, I mean somewhere that gives me legroom for me to stretch my legs and room behind me so that other supporters do not use my shoulders as a lever to jump over me when we score. I'm going to be sitting in the South west corner near the away fans. my only problem with that is I will have to remember I am sitting with my Dad & not use bad language!

Sadly Emily's mum, you are witnessing on here the nonsense that some of us have to witness most days, for which I am very sorry.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm glad Bensgrandad is able to come as a carer and is nice enough to split the cost with his brother for the full price ticket, i'm sure the scheme is intended to benefit those who couldn't watch the game without such support as well as benefitng the carers many who have been paying for tickets for a number of years.

Its quite simple I started taking him when he was a young lad and even during his adult life he has received a season ticket at a concessionary rate and I have paid for a full adult and up until now in recent years as an OAP. The change in format this year has meant that his full ticket price and my free carers ticket is less than we would have paid for his concession and my oap so a saving for both of us. If I didnt go he couldnt either so the club have sold a ticket at full price instead of possibly 2 concessions or even the worst scenario just mine.
I would add that based on his benefit payments and the fact that he also receives free rent, council tax etc as do most disabled low income earners I assume, he can comfortably afford the season ticket price even if he paid all of it and I paid nothing towards it. So I fail to see how he is being discriminated against it is a win win situation for him.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Its quite simple I started taking him when he was a young lad and even during his adult life he has received a season ticket at a concessionary rate and I have paid for a full adult and up until now in recent years as an OAP. The change in format this year has meant that his full ticket price and my free carers ticket is less than we would have paid for his concession and my oap so a saving for both of us. If I didnt go he couldnt either so the club have sold a ticket at full price instead of possibly 2 concessions or even the worst scenario just mine.
I would add that based on his benefit payments and the fact that he also receives free rent, council tax etc as do most disabled low income earners I assume, he can comfortably afford the season ticket price even if he paid all of it and I paid nothing towards it. So I fail to see how he is being discriminated against it is a win win situation for him.

I think you need to be quite careful with your assumptions about what disabled low earners get in the way of benefits

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011

Given your logic, why does the club offer any concessions?

Why would it do so for an OAP just because he has reached a certain point in his life?

Why for a child just because they have spots?

Why for disabled people? The answer why over 85 of the 92 league clubs offer concessions, is on a cost basis.

I am very glad that your son is financially secure, but let me reassure you this is often not the case. Clubs offer concessions as they recognise that not all in society can afford to pay the same amount.

If this was such a non-issue, why do cash rich premiership clubs like Liverpool, Villa etc still offer disabled concessions, and furthermore contact with these clubs has discovered that they have no intention of withdrawing them.

Which brings me back full circle, why does our board see the need to do so, in light of us being a community club with a new community stadium?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With the greatest respect, a rant this is not.

Furthermore such a conversation is only constructive if those in the fortunate position of being able bodied, respect those who are not.

The whole idea of this thread and other current ones, is to address the fact that the club has 'overlooked' some issues relating to disabled issues, and needs to be reminded of their importance for all to enjoy the Falmer experience.

The whole idea of marches and petitions was that Falmer is for all!

I'm still not quite clear what the club has failed to do for disabled fans. Instead of paying 65% for a season ticket, the cost of one season ticket can now be split 50/50 with the carer, which seems fair enough to me for both parties.

And you may have to excuse my ignorance, but where else can a wheelchair (safely) go in a stadium other than pitchside level ? I'm not having a pop, just that I'm not sure what it is you were looking for the club to provide.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Given your logic, why does the club offer any concessions?

Why would it do so for an OAP just because he has reached a certain point in his life?

Why for a child just because they have spots?

Why for disabled people? The answer why over 85 of the 92 league clubs offer concessions, is on a cost basis.

I am very glad that your son is financially secure, but let me reassure you this is often not the case. Clubs offer concessions as they recognise that not all in society can afford to pay the same amount.

If this was such a non-issue, why do cash rich premiership clubs like Liverpool, Villa etc still offer disabled concessions, and furthermore contact with these clubs has discovered that they have no intention of withdrawing them.

Which brings me back full circle, why does our board see the need to do so, in light of us being a community club with a new community stadium?

Could the unemployed or low wage earners have a case for discrimination if disabled people are offered discounts and they are not? I'm not saying that disabled people that need a carer present shouldn't get a free ticket. But why a discount on their own ticket?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm still not quite clear what the club has failed to do for disabled fans. Instead of paying 65% for a season ticket, the cost of one season ticket can now be split 50/50 with the carer, which seems fair enough to me for both parties.

And you may have to excuse my ignorance, but where else can a wheelchair (safely) go in a stadium other than pitchside level ? I'm not having a pop, just that I'm not sure what it is you were looking for the club to provide.

Your ignorance is quite staggering, and you are missing quite a few points and your understanding of current and previous season ticket pricing is wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well excuse me for f***ing asking. Put me right then.

Christ.

I'm glad you asked because I wanted to know as well. You said 'Excuse my ignorance' and then get accused of being ignorant!!
How can we get over our ignorance if no one actually explains what it is that we are being ignorant of?

I understand the disabled have a grievance but please explain what the grievance is and how the club could have dealt with it in a better way.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
My disabled step son and i go to all home games and the odd away match. we got some great seats next year and we are very happy to be part of the new dawn for our great club. I think we need to chill a bit the club are doing as much as they can. relax football life is goooood. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here