Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you support another team before you became a Brighton fan?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I the only ex-Palace fan?

Bloody hope so, you must have had some doubts you'd done the right thing as you trudged to Gillingham when Palace were playing United :laugh:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I suspect you'll have to get over it! Or do the other thing of course...
:D

Been there, done it, got over it, just very suprised that so many Albion fans started out as Tottenham fans :laugh:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I used to follow Man United until about 5 years ago :cry:

Always been to the Albion though :)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
My fathers job required him to move around the country when I was a kid and like LB I always supported my local team. This started with Gillingham, then we moved north and I was very lucky to be able support the Busby Babes. Then back south again and become a Southampton fan. At 12 we moved to Brighton and have been a seagull fan ever since.
It is a strange thing that having supported Man U and Southampton, I really hate them doing well. I was so upset when the Saints beat the drop this season.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bloody hope so, you must have had some doubts you'd done the right thing as you trudged to Gillingham when Palace were playing United :laugh:
Strangely, no! It was 'hard wired' into me by then to be a Brighton fan. But I still look back at the Bert Head era at Palace with, well, if not 'affection' then not the animosity I'm supposed to feel.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I used to really enjoy watching games as a neutral. I have to admit that in the 60s and 70s this included Pompey and Palace. Livimg around the country has led to me watching various clubs at different times but I've always stayed loyal to the Albion. All seater stadiums and high prices have ruled out neutral games now. If I'm not watching BHA, I opt to watch non-league games.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Strangely, no! It was 'hard wired' into me by then to be a Brighton fan. But I still look back at the Bert Head era at Palace with, well, if not 'affection' then not the animosity I'm supposed to feel.

Well you seem to be easy to persuade fella, i am sure someone can cajole you into feeling that way!

:glare: :lolol:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Arsenal fan, because when I was 5 my Nan bought me an Aresnal mug with an easter egg in it. I got bought a kit after the 1971 cup final and loved the guns (cannons). A neighbour used to drive up from Brighton with his son and I used to Love the atmosphere at the old Highbury.

However once I discovered the Goldstone in the late 70's, no looking back. I used to wear my BHA and Arsenal silk scarfs on my wrists when we played each other. Also loved it when Sammy Nelson signed and played for us and Brady managed us.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No never, its always been the stripes for me.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
When I was young used to watch Stirling Albion as I was brought up near there and I will quite happily watch local football when I can't watch the Albion, but despite never having lived in Sussex, the only club I ever have and ever will support is Brighton & Hove Albion.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

To be fair Brovion. There was no animosity between Albion and Palace in the Bert Head days. The rivalry didn't start until the mid 70s under Mullery.

I went up with some school mates to watch (arsenal I think) at selhurst back in 1972. When the scores were read out at full time, the Albion had won. Massive cheer from our little group. No animosity from the Palace fans at all. Now if that had been 5 years later!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I am a great believer in supporting your local team, I was born in Brighton hence I support them.
If the rest of this board was to follow suit we would probably loose half the members!:lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am a great believer in supporting your local team, I was born in Brighton hence I support them.
If the rest of this board was to follow suit we would probably loose half the members!:lolol:

In that case I'd be a Forest or Notts County fan. one of them would have been fun to follow over the years :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
You were Palace weren't you?! :lolol::whisky:

I was.....:down:

Although born in Northampton I spent most of mychildhood living in and around Epsom, Sutton and Croydon. I loved playing football but was not that interested in real football as was never taken to a game but living in Croydon you could not but be affected...especially the name 'Peter Taylor' on the wing... the poor man's Steve Coppell /Gerry Daly.

But at nine we moved to Brighton, saw my first real game and the blue and red faded ınto blue and white.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here