Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you support another team before you became a Brighton fan?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I was.....:down:

Although born in Northampton I spent most of mychildhood living in and around Epsom, Sutton and Croydon. I loved playing football but was not that interested in real football as was never taken to a game but living in Croydon you could not but be affected...especially the name 'Peter Taylor' on the wing... the poor man's Steve Coppell /Gerry Daly.

But at nine we moved to Brighton, saw my first real game and the blue and red faded ınto blue and white.

Unbelievable! How?! :(

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Unbelievable! How?! :(

No one ever took me to a Palace game...... supporting doesn't become part of you until you see a team play... until I saw Peter Ward it was just something on the telly. I'm not sure but I think I remember hoping that Peter Taylor was going to play in that fated under-21s game.

Sorry SJ.... it happens...... :)

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
No one ever took me to a Palace game...... supporting doesn't become part of you until you see a team play... until I saw Peter Ward it was just something on the telly. I'm not sure but I think I remember hoping that Peter Taylor was going to play in that fated under-21s game.

Sorry SJ.... it happens...... :)

Not between Palace and Millwall/Charlton/Brighton it doesn't (unless your name is Norman Cook of course!)

:glare: :D

Marvellous scenes.

Montalcino get a goalless draw at home against Sextum Bientina and progress to the play-off final against Albinia.

I know you lot don't CARE. Tough.
More marvellous scenes.

US Montalcino win promotion.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

A 4-0 victory in this afternoon's second leg of the play-off final, having won the first leg last Sunday by 3-2.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
More marvellous scenes.

US Montalcino win promotion.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

A 4-0 victory in this afternoon's second leg of the play-off final, having won the first leg last Sunday by 3-2.

Which division will that put them in next year, C2?

Which division will that put them in next year, C2?
Nah.

The one below Serie D ... the regional Eccellenza league. Three seasons ago, they reached the playoffs to progress into Serie D, but then took a dive, largely caused by the death of their main sponsor. Relegation from the Eccellenza to the Promozione level at the end of last season, but now they've bounced back again.

They've got a nice stadium, believed to be the only football ground in the world with the wall of a fourteenth century castle running along the whole of one side.

2_Azione_25_Feb_1.JPG

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Nah.

The one below Serie D ... the regional Eccellenza league. Three seasons ago, they reached the playoffs to progress into Serie D, but then took a dive, largely caused by the death of their main sponsor. Relegation from the Eccellenza to the Promozione level at the end of last season, but now they've bounced back again.

They've got a nice stadium, believed to be the only football ground in the world with the wall of a fourteenth century castle running along the whole of one side.

2_Azione_25_Feb_1.JPG

How much do these guys get paid?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We moved around the world when I was a youngster settling in Brighton in 1974.

I supported Chelsea when I first came back to england in 1970

Then Leeds when I lived in the west country , it was a Yorkshire thing...Huddersfield were my home town team but as I only watched football on the telly, It didnt mean anything to me.

When I moved to Brighton it was then I became " interested " in football, 1974.

I tend to agree with Ed, if we ever moved away from Brighton,. I would probably stilll follow them and maybe go to the game if they were playing close, but if I wanted to see regular football, I would support the local team, be it a premier side, or a 2nd divi side. I dont think I could be arsed going to a conference game though.

Yes I support ( and have done since 1974) Brighton but lately( last couple of seasons) my support is waning, example being I now play cricket till the season finishes, whereas before I would stop mid aug to go to the footy!

I suppose the Falmer factor has got me and the fact that as I get older I realise there is more to life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here