Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you support another team before you became a Brighton fan?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I started following The Albion as a littl'un.I moved to Coventry,and Leicester,and Glasgow and sundry other places,and I went to some games there.Even Man City and Stockport.

But I've only ever followed The Albion...........and the Seagulls,of course.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the late 1940s/early 50s my grandad took me to watch BHA when they were at home and I went to watch Worthing when they weren't. Oh the nostalgia of Reggie Bowles, Vince Taylor,Jim Punter, Tony Murrant David Bloom etc.

Last edited:

barney

Jul 31, 2006
supported arsenal as a kid and still do go to games every now and then. but started going to the albion with my dad aswell at a young age

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
supported man u as a kid till i was 11 as my bro supports arsenal but in my frustration in never seeing them play when brighton moved back to sussex in 99 i started supporting them. became a season tix holder couple of seasons later and never looked back. my parents or the rest of my family didnt really have much interest in sport so just went by my friends and my brother tbh....now i hate them cos all there fans are knobends and im glad im not 1 of them

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Lived in Horsham but supported Leeds (don't know why, no family history of mental illness....)

Was bought off with a scarf, rattle and a mug, and was told that I would only ever see Leeds when they played Brighton, but I could see Brighton every weekend. Changed allegiance on the spot.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
My whole family are Chelsea supporters. I used to watch the Albion a lot as a kid but my Dad also used to take me to Stamford Bridge a fair bit. It wasn't until I left Brighton to go to Uni and became pretty disgusted with what was happening at Chelsea and the Premiership in general that I realised I had much more connection with my home town side.

I've ALWAYS been a believer in supporting my local team. And it's always been about going to live matches, not watching soccerball on the telly.

This sort of support always has an element of 'til I die. And since I'm still living, it lingers on.

Geography has therefore lumbered me with the all the pains of being a supporter of ...

Newport County;
Birmingham City;
Brighton & Hove Albion.

and even ...
US Montalcino;
AC Siena.

Despite being born in the city, geography alone has never made a Leeds United supporter out of me - because in the five years I lived there, I was too young to go to Elland Road.

This year, I've had an exciting, if not entirely successful, season.

On the last day of the season, Newport County missed out on reaching the playoffs. Birmingham City got relegated. The Albion nearly made the playoffs. Siena survived in Serie A (which always comes as a pleasant surprise). And Montalcino are playing the second leg of their playoff game this afternoon (having drawn the away leg last week).

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I used to like Alan Shearer, but never really had any desire to support Newcastle. My first away game completely detracted me from Alan Shearer. BHAFC ever since and currently trying to transform a Liverpool fan into Brighton, secretly I think he likes Brighton more - Luton and Swindon away did the trick for him. If the conversion is a fully successfull one, he will be my third transformer :lol: :)

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
What a disappointing post. I was hoping to re-open this thread and read a message from SJ'sLM that simply replied to the thread title with a cheery ...

... "Yes. I used to support Palace".

Maybe next season, eh?

:lolol: Not any season LB, but i would rather say i followed Brighton than the antiseptic, parasitic, money grabbing so called 'Big 4'

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
NO NEVER AND NOT A HOPE

My Mum and Dad took me to my first game at 3 days old and i would have had my arse tanned by my dad if i ever even thought about supporting another club

Seen the good, bad and downright ugly in my time, Even followed the scores and tried to catch bits however i could when i was posted abroad in the army (bfbo radio is a godsend as is the world service)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I supported Arsenal until I was about 9/10, then I saw the light:thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
There are many other teams I admire, but Albion are the only side I support and ever have done. Although I would admit to being a fan of football in general, particularly watching those at the very top of their profession which is a joy and privelige to watch.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
All power to your elbow for that, but i just don't understand how anyone can just change allegiances from one club to another. It is either in your blood or it isn't? Circumstances dictate a lot of it i suppose.

Well like all young kids I was very impressionable, so like most people at my school I supported a BIG club.

My Dad lived within walking distance of the Goldstone and often went to games, so I would say Brighton is definately "in my blood".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here