Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you know that you can't be offside from a GK?

Did you know that you can't be offside from a GK?

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It was brought up on here late last season. So, yes. Can't be offside from corners or throw ins either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't know. Which is why I was going SPARE at the first German goal.

Nobody corrected me though.

:blush:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yes, looked it up because I was wondering why players stood in apparently offside positions from goal kicks :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes i knew the rule ad have used it on many occasions on a saturday afternoon, you would be amazed at how many defenders push up to the half way line on a place kick and think im off side when im 15 yards further up the pitch.

Im truly shocked so many people didnt know it

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did you know if you take a goal kick and no one touches it and it bounces all the way through into your opponent's goal they get a goal kick? If a penalty hits the bar/post and bounces back to the other end of the pitch and goes in the goal, it's a corner.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Did you know if you take a goal kick and no one touches it and it bounces all the way through into your opponent's goal they get a goal kick? If a penalty hits the bar/post and bounces back to the other end of the pitch and goes in the goal, it's a corner.

Did not know this!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Did you know that if a throw in hits a both corner flags then goes in at the other end, the match is abandoned, the referee is knighted and the linesman inducted in the football hall of fame?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Don't believe these..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This "can't be offside from a goal kick" law then, is it something thats been introduced in the last few years, or has it always been the case ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Do you know where Sam put is passport

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
QUOTE=Easy 10;3576003]This "can't be offside from a goal kick" law then, is it something thats been introduced in the last few years, or has it always been the case ?[/QUOTE]

As long as i can remember, it is only from place kicks though easy :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here