Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you know........? A thread full of useless facts

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
bigfatbuddha said:
If you start rotating your right foot in a clockwise direction (under the table), then draw a number six in the air with your right hand, your foot will disobey you and go anti-clockwise

Ijust tried it and fell over :dunce: but I must admit, I was vey, vey drunk.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You can't buy spirits in the state of Georgia. Thank God I'm withing three miles of Tennessee.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
If you walk a mile in another mans shoes, you will be a mile away from him, and have his shoes.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
A 4oz yogurt has more culture than a full grown American.

Honest! Bloke down the pub said. :drink:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
bigfatbuddha said:
........ if you fold a piece of paper 42 times, it's height will be further than the distance from Earth to the Moon.....FACT!

I thought yyou could never fold a piece of paper, no matter what size, more than 7 times

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
It is illegal in Paris to walk with a pig on a lead after the hours of darkness within the city boundarys.

It is illegal in this country to pick up and take home a pheasant if you have run it over in your vehicle but it is not illegal for the person in the following vehicle to do so.

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
33.jpg

My Dog Duke can outdrink any other dog on NSC as long as it,s Guinness

Last edited:

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
In no condition to drive?
In Athens, Greece, a driver's license can be lifted by the law if the driver is deemed either 'poorly dressed' or 'unbathed'.

Put your needles down.
On the island of Jersey it's against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.

Why there's no quiffs in the deep south?
In Alabama it is illegal to carry a comb in your pocket, because it may be used as a weapon. This comes after a 13 year old boy was killed when he was stabbed with a comb.

Who would argue?
In Michigan, it is illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant.

Shouldn't be too hard to enforce this one.
It is against the law to whale hunt in Oklahoma.

There's a moose loose...
In Fairbanks, Alaska it is illegal for a moose to walk on the side walk. This dates back to the early days if the town when the owner of the bar had a pet moose that he used to get drunk. The moose would then stumble around the town drunk. The only way the law makers could prevent this from happining was to create the law so the moose could not cross the sidewalk and get into the bar.

The butter lobby.
In Quebec, Canada, an old law states that margarine must be a different colour from butter. This law is the result of Quebec dairy lobbyists' pressure to ''protect'' their dairy business. They claimed margarine was beginning to resemble butter, as to be mistaken for real butter. Make margarine unattractive, and consumers would stick to butter. The Quebec government caved in, and tried to impose a dark vermilion-coloured margarine, which was disgusting. The colour, finally, at the other extreme, is a pallid almost-white-colourless margarine.

Now that's compassionate
According to a british law passed in 1845, attempting to commit suicide was a capital offense. Offenders could be hanged for trying.

Phone home... Non!
It is illegal to sell an ET doll in France. They have a law forbidding the sale of dolls that do not have human faces.

Just in case you were thinking about it.
Salt Lake City, Utah, has a law against carrying an unwrapped ukulele on the street.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I've been to Brighton. The one that's just outside Dunedin on the South Island of New Zealand.

(By the way there was no litter & I didn't get pestered by a smelly twat demanding my loose change!)

:p

MRRF 10

brighton is in australia(near sydney) and is also in usa(near new york)

New york used to be called new amsterdam, it used to be owned by holland. America bought it off holland, it also bought the state of alaska from russia.

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Palace Pier used to be for the Toffs, while West Pier was more for the average Joe on the street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here