Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you know........? A thread full of useless facts

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
That this stupid cat (worshipped by seagullible) appeared over a 100 times on the old NSC. ???

062.jpg

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
'Bookkeeper' is the only English word with three consecutive repeated letters (not including other forms of that word such as bookkeeping). It is not the only word of this kind, but it is the only one in which ommission of the medial hyphen is a practical option, which it is not in, for example, hoof-footed or sweet-toothed.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
afters said:
scoring a duck at cricket comes from the resemblance of the "0" posted on the scoreboard in the mid 19th century to a duck's egg.

Ths score 'love' in tennis is reputed to come from the French for egg, l'ouef...the number 0 resembling an egg

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
the Great fire of london in 1666 did not kill off the plauge ,as is commonly thought

the plauge dissappeared in October 1665 as quickly as it came.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
it is legal to urinate in public as long as you have one hand on your car and aim at the rear passenger-side tyre.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The span of your hand from the tip of your little finger to the tip of your thumb, when stretched apart, is the same distance as between your nipples

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Tannoy & Port-A-Cabin- are brand names

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
tedebear said:
The span of your hand from the tip of your little finger to the tip of your thumb, when stretched apart, is the same distance as between your nipples

Oh dear, mine's not:( (I've tried it ,luckily there's no-one else in the room at the moment !)

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
the word POSH, comes from cruise liners, where the rich people used to travel, Port out starboard Home

Shortend to P.O.S.H

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here