Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you know........? A thread full of useless facts

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and Great Britain in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes

In 1994 Los Angeles police arrested a man for dressing as the Grim Reaper - complete with scythe - and standing outside the windows of old people's homes, staring in.

In July 1981, a tortoise was sentenced to death for murder. Tribal leaders in an eastern Kenyan village formally condemned the tortoise because they suspected it of causing the deaths of six people by magic. However, because none of the villagers was prepared to face the tortoise's wrath by carrying out the execution, it was chained to a tree instead. The tortoise was later freed after the government promised an inquiry into the six deaths.

Jim Byrne

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing / Cheltenham
the phrase " mad as a hatter" comes from way back many moons ago in the days of top hats and the such when 'hatters' were people who prepared them, and they usedproper mercury to get the desired shiny finish . . this of course is toxic and rotted their brains . . making them . . mad

i thank you :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Safeway Seagull said:
Ryan Giggs played for England schoolboys. In those days he was known as Ryan Wilson, his father's name, before reverting to his mother's maiden name.

But couldnt have played for England unless he lived here for so many years because none of his family are english..he just went to school in England.

Also, his father Mr Wilson is black.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
(Controversial) smoking does not make you cool :smokin:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Shakin Stevens real name is -Michael Barrett

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Polar bears are left-handed.(so scientifically proven to be v v clever,like me)

And their livers are toxic.You cannot eat them.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
And last but by no means least :

The 2002 World Cup was hosted by two countries Japan and South Korea. Before the start of the tournament, there was a lot of infighting and bickering between the two hosts on issues such as whose country's name would appear first on game tickets.

Stupid Idiots ;) I thank you

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Skiing is the only word in the English language to hve a double I.

And going back to left handers like myself. We are not more intellegent but we have a wider range on intellegence ( more dunces and more geniuses)
Oh and our life expectency is 9 years shorter than that of the right handed. :ohmy: :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here