Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did all the restricted view tickets sell for Charlton?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
The Jimmy Seed Stand is 28 years old (built in 1982). It's the only part of The Valley that hasn't been redeveloped since we returned. Greenwich Council gave us planning permission a few years ago to redevelop that whole end (replacing it with a three tier stand, filling in the corners and increasing capacity from 27k to 41k). Suffice to say that isn't going to happen any time soon!

Curiously, despite being home to the only pillar in the entire ground, there's long been a campaign to chuck away fans out of the Jimmy Seed and give them part of the East Stand (along the touchline) instead. The reason being, the Jimmy Seed because of it's low roof is the only part of the ground with decent acoustics, and that's where our singing contingent want to be. Whilst I'm sure most away fans can outsing us without the help of a low roof these days, it does pretty much double the volume of singing from the Jimmy Seed.

I've always assumed the restricted view seats are the ones fanning out in a triangle behind the pillar, but those would have a restricted view of a pillar-sized section of the entire length of the pitch, whereas your website just says it's the view of the far penalty area. The latter does indicate it may be the back couple of rows and the roof that's the problem. It probably wouldn't be so much a problem if people were sitting, but that's likely not possible 'cause of people in front standing anyway. I've asked someone at the club to clarify which area is the restricted view seats (out of my own curiosity) but haven't had a reply. Can't someone with a restricted view seat just post what row it's in. If they're all in row Z or something, it would clarify the roof not the pillar is the issue.

I have got a restricted view ticket in Row S.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I don't think they are.

charlton1_orig.jpg

If anything it's the near goal that would be obstructed, and the Albion ticket office say the far (North) goal.

Not that handrail

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Well i for one will be getting into the ground nice and early for this one. I have a decent seat and am not running the risk of 250 cheeky bastards saving £2 and siting in other areas. Im not suggesting everyone will try this but some will.

On a similar point with it being sold out is there a chance that the stewards will ensure everyone is sat in there correct seat. I went to Charlton last year and its not the easiest ground to enforce this from what i can remember.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Not that handrail

There's only two handrails as far as I know, either side of the gangway that runs across the middle of the stand. The one in my earlier pic is the one at the back of the front section, the other one is at the front of the back section (ie the other side of the gangway) and is indeed a bit higher.

Jonno25_jimmyseed.jpg

Someone said they had restricted view in Row S. Looking at this photo, there are 18 rows in front section, so providing those rows are in normal alphabetical order (ie they don't miss out I or O, no rows have been removed, and there's none of that AA and BB stuff at the very front) the front row of the back section WOULD be Row S, ie directly behind the barrier. If Row T is unrestricted as has also been stated, that would only be one row of restricted seats, ie circa 125 rather than the 250 on sale, so either (a) another full row, eg the very back row, is restricted, or (b) there are also a hundred or so restricted seats vertically in line with the pillar. The pillar would appear to be in the middle of the eleventh row (K?) so anything from Row L backwards, numbering (at a guess) between 55-70, might have possible pillar issues. Isn't this fun. it's like being Sherlock Holmes.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
There's only two handrails as far as I know, either side of the gangway that runs across the middle of the stand. The one in my earlier pic is the one at the back of the front section, the other one is at the front of the back section (ie the other side of the gangway) and is indeed a bit higher.

Someone said they had restricted view in Row S. Looking at this photo, there are 18 rows in front section, so providing those rows are in normal alphabetical order (ie they don't miss out I or O, no rows have been removed, and there's none of that AA and BB stuff at the very front) the front row of the back section WOULD be Row S, ie directly behind the barrier. If Row T is unrestricted as has also been stated, that would only be one row of restricted seats, ie circa 125 rather than the 250 on sale, so either (a) another full row, eg the very back row, is restricted, or (b) there are also a hundred or so restricted seats vertically in line with the pillar. The pillar would appear to be in the middle of the eleventh row (K?) so anything from Row L backwards, numbering (at a guess) between 55-70, might have possible pillar issues. Isn't this fun. it's like being Sherlock Holmes.

:bowdown:

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol

Jonno25_jimmyseed.jpg

If this is the case, then standing will solve the problem.. how lucky that everyone will do this anyway.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wait, I have row AA, does that mean the very front? If so, I'll let a bobble hat wearer have that

Last season we were about 10 rows back, bang in the middle, was beautifulllllllllll

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I predict many unhappy people turning up to get "their" seat and being told to f*** off by someone who has a restricted view ticket but has decided that it's unallocated. Get there late at your peril!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
By the time Murray spanks home our third goal on saturday they`ll be a few Addicts who wish that THEY has restricted viewing.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I have a restricted view ticket in row PP in block J

As I understand it, and I might be totally wrong, the front part of the stand is divided into six blocks: A B C D E F. The back part into five blocks (with no block I): G H J K L

If this is the case, you might be restricted view because of how far back you are (presumably it doesn't go much higher than PP if at all), or equally - as you're in the centre block - it might be down to the pillar.

:shrug:

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm B1 and I don't want to sit right at the front so this is free. I'll seek out a better seat nearer the middle.

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
Haven’t been to an away games for years so phoned the ticket office Tuesday and inquired about these so called 250 restricted view tickets.

They had some left so thought sod it, I’d purchased one, I was chatting with the lady and told her I don’t mind being stuck behind a pillar etc as I’d just stick my head out and watch, even thou it might result in my neck hurting in the morning.

She laughed and said it’s worse than that, My view is restricted due to the over hanging roof and I’ll be able to see ¾ of the pitch meaning I’d not be able to see the penalty spot or goal.

But having viewed the picture below then I can’t see any problems with seeing the other end. I’m in Block ‘D’ Row P seat 66.

Where is that in relation to the pic?

attachment.php

Haven’t been to an away games for years so phoned the ticket office Tuesday and inquired about these so called 250 restricted view tickets.

They had some left so thought sod it, I’d purchased one, I was chatting with the lady and told her I don’t mind being stuck behind a pillar etc as I’d just stick my head out and watch, even thou it might result in my neck hurting in the morning.

She laughed and said it’s worse than that, My view is restricted due to the over hanging roof and I’ll be able to see ¾ of the pitch meaning I’d not be able to see the penalty spot or goal.

But having viewed the picture below then I can’t see any problems with seeing the other end. I’m in Block ‘D’ Row P seat 66.

Attachments

• here.JPG
    here.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 319

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
At last, I can use my binoculars that I was given the other year for xmas. Great stuff :)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i think they are on the ground floor of the flats behind the jimmy seed stand

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

attachment.php

Theres metal structuring underneath the roof of the stand, which includes that GHR sign hanging over. You cant really see it from that picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here