Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker sparow painter

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Dicker was all over the place last night and imo should be left out for a while. Painter is a good LB, but as everyone says, he lacks the pace that this league needs. Sparrow was ok imo. I think Calderon was off the pace again as well. I think people should hold fire on Barnes until he starts playing where he should be. To a man we were all over the place when defending set pieces. I've said it before Greer doesn't seem to talk much for a captain, something I didn't see last year, probably sitting too far away at Withdean. At set pieces Ankergren and Greer should be sorting things out, but I noticed last night that Vicente was doing most of the pointing and shouting.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Dicker. Is he good enough - absolutely. Is he in form? No, he needs a period out of the team to get back to his best. Painter - i thought he was better yesterday but we do need a left back to apply some pressure. Sparrow - i do rate him but he is inconsistent although he played very well yesterday.

So in answer to the thread title, I do believe they are all good enough.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Can anyone explain WHY OH WHY...do they water the pitch before the game then spend the rest of the game slipping over in vital tackles...do we not wear the right studs/bars...Bridcutt,Painter ,Dicker all slipped when Hull were attacking...not one Hull player slipped over...and why does not anybody have a crack from outside the area,all we are trying to do is walk it into the net!!...rant over...still love you Albion.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Can anyone explain WHY OH WHY...do they water the pitch before the game then spend the rest of the game slipping over in vital tackles...do we not wear the right studs/bars...Bridcutt,Painter ,Dicker all slipped when Hull were attacking...not one Hull player slipped over...and why does not anybody have a crack from outside the area,all we are trying to do is walk it into the net!!...rant over...still love you Albion.

Good points :thumbsup:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Thought Sparrow was anonymous today, Dicker was slow and gave the ball away and Painter appears to be playing with zero confidence!
???? were you at the game or just not watching ???? Sparrow was our best outfield player IMO (Casper MOM). Painter - terrible today almost as bad a performance as the lino giving off side from a throw. Dicker needs to have a rest.

But it should be ok - as we will soon sign wayne bridge, gus is talking to tevez as we need another short striker and i saw scott parker in the players lounge with Mark Noble - could be an interesting week....

time to :facepalm: myself

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

agreed see my thread about watering the pitch - f***ing madness.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Its obviously gonna take some players time to adjust. Give Dicker time he's had some great performances already ala Cardiff. Remember that?

Sparrow did well last night. Best performance of the season. However before last night I would have agreed.

Painter is out of his depth clearly. I am tempted to add Calde to that list. going forward hes good but too many goals conceded down his side. For instance Ipswich.

Barnes should have scored at lease twice last night. He needs to be dropped but has like Dicker shown hes good enough at ties and hes very young. Worth giving a chance.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
For the division in right system certainly! For a play-off team..... hell no as starters, maybe as bench. For us currently that means yes but hopefully they steadily get moved to the bench and are pushed to improve (still young). No need to dump them completely though and sell!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
???? were you at the game or just not watching ???? Sparrow was our best outfield player IMO (Casper MOM). Painter - terrible today almost as bad a performance as the lino giving off side from a throw. Dicker needs to have a rest.

Yes I was at the game, and yes I was watching, but as you have already said it was YOUR opinion that Sparrow was our best player, it was my opinion he wasn't, no need to be a dick about it.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Sparrow was quite good. Painter is very slow at this level. Dicker has been off the pace for weeks. Ankergren was much improved tooday, CMS and Barnes were OK. Bridcutt was great and Vicente was great for about 70 minutes.

Dunk looked pretty solid, Greer the same and Calde had a better game.

What Planet were you watching from?????????????? Barnes is a f***ing joke player at this level!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here