Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker sparow painter

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sparrow played well tonight and given the opportunity will hopefully continue to play well. Time for Dicker to have a rest. Not sure we have anybody else who can play instead of Paints, though I thought Vincelot was steady when Painter was suspended.

Vincelot is immeasurably better than Painter and has the added advantage that he can also play midfield. In the short term, at least, he would be a better option at LB. Long term I think he (Vincelot) could contribute substantially to this team.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dicker is truly shocking at the moment and Painter is not much better. Both should be dropped at Millwall; and Hoskins should start over Barnes, who irritates the hell out of me with his lack of pace, languidness and general apathy towards the game.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I thought Sparrow was 1 of are better players. Painter was like Bambi on ice, spent most of the game on his arse. Dicker is not a championship player. Think today was our worst performance this season and we still got a point. Didn't think Hull were great either apart from a couple of long range efforts. We need Buckley back lively and Hoskins has to replace Barnes

Dicker is truly shocking at the moment and Painter is not much better. Both should be dropped at Millwall; and Hoskins should start over Barnes, who irritates the hell out of me with his lack of pace, languidness and general apathy towards the game.

I think taht Barnes just needs to be where he's paid to be..up front. We need to note that he is still 1 of the top 5 scorers in this league eh?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Why don't people notice the hard work Barnes puts in? He's probably one of the first on Gus's teamsheet.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think that Barnes just needs to be where he's paid to be..up front. We need to note that he is still 1 of the top 5 scorers in this league eh?

Courtesy of 4 penalties. I don't doubt that he has ability but we're not seeing it at present and haven't for some while now.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

Gus willl be loyal to Dicker & Painter!!! = few points coming up, unless Gus is ruthless.
Collison, Nolan, M.Taylor, Diop & Lansbury vs Dicker & Painter. Shit.

Why don't people notice the hard work Barnes puts in? He's probably one of the first on Gus's teamsheet.

Bud, I aint dissing the fella, just think that whilst he is coming back to defend there seems to be time in the game when he should be further up the field where he can be more affective.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Gary Dicker should go nowhere near a Brighton shirt again.

Unfortunately it wasn't just today, but he's been appalling all season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Courtesy of 4 penalties. I don't doubt that he has ability but we're not seeing it at present and haven't for some while now.

I'm not saying that he's pele, but my sources in brazil tell me pele was shite when employed wide left covering a dodgy full back for ninety minutes. I'm sure vicente would make a shithouse centre half, but luckily no ones asking him to do it. Is Ashley barnes the new Adam Virgo?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dickers performances in recent weeks have been nothing short of absolutely dreadful, he doesn't do the basics, occasionally he'll pull off a stunning pass, but the majority of the time he is TOO SLOW, I think thats the crux of the matter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Because they want to have a scapegoat. When we get a new LB, it will release Barnes to play up front as we know he can.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Painter was complete rubbish today, all I remember him doing was falling over, missing the ball or kicking it straight off the pitch! I think that Vincelot is a much better player and hope he starts against Millwall.

The thing I really don't get is peoples problem with Barnes - people slag him off for defending, to me it shows problems elsewhere if we are relying on a striker to get us out of danger so often. I also think that you have to bear something in mind - a player who gets the ball and tries to do something good but fails is easily remembered and often singled out as rubbish, surely it is the players who you don't even realise are on the pitch who are really rubbish?! For me these are Sparrow and Dicker and for that reason I don't think they are good enough at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here